Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Cannabis Cup and the few days after
Posted: 2014-11-23, 3:27 pm

dustybottoms
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
So the Cannabis Cup ends next Thursday, which is also the day that I arrive into Amsterdam. A couple questions...

Will the city be a zoo from Thurs-Sunday due to everyone being in town for the cup or have most gone home after being there all week? How crazy does the city get during the cannabis cup?...it's not Queens Day level is it???

Also, once the winner is announced, when will it be available in the coffeeshops to smoke? I haven't tried ALL the previous winners, but I must say that Tangerine Dream from Barneys (maybe 2012 winner??) is some of the best bud in Amsterdam IMO.

DB
Re: Cannabis Cup and the few days after
Posted: 2014-11-26, 10:28 am

poundCake
You know, it's funny how many people associate Amsterdam with two things, marijuana and prostitutes.

Truth is that locals avoid the RLD like the plague and most people don't bother with weed.

It was only yesterday that someone told me the cannabis cup is going on. Otherwise, one wouldn't even notice. Tourism from the event wouldn't even be a blip on the radar. The city, in certain parts is a zoo of tourists at all times. Its nowhere near the level of Queens Day.

From my knowledge, the winners won't be available in coffee shops.
Posted: 2014-11-26, 1:47 pm

dustybottoms
poundCake wrote:

Why would this be the case? Does anyone know the day that the winner is announced?
Posted: 2014-11-26, 2:24 pm

bobx
dustybottoms wrote:
poundCake wrote:

Why would this be the case? Does anyone know the day that the winner is announced?

The winners are usually available after the cup, although sometimes they run out quickly, depends of course on how much of the winning strains was produced.
Anyway, the best place to find out anything about coffee shops, cup, etc. is here:
http://coffeeshopdirect.info/index.php
Posted: 2014-11-27, 1:41 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Canabis Cup is mostly an American thing,
initially drummed up by High TImes magazine.
It doesn't draw the crowd you might imagine.
You might see a few more tourists in the coffeeshops than ordinary for this time of year,
but that is just as much due to the Thanksgiving holiday as the cup.
You will find some of the cup strains on the menu at local shops, but plenty of them are small batches,
and get all smoked up. The ones that fare well will re-appear, but it might be a few months.

Weasel

[ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: