Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
How knowledgeable are the budtenders in Amsterdam coffeeshops?
Posted: 2015-08-17, 9:32 am

AlCaponedLondoner
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
When i'm there i would like to ask for weed to meet my specific needs. I'm assuming they know what they are talking about as its there job but I can imagine for tourists they might just offer the generic weed or the most expensive. Is this the case? I'll just summaries what i'm looking for incase anyone on here knows what they are talking about. I'm looking for a strain that can help with my anxiety. Also, a strain that won't knock me out but gives me a good buzz. Doesn't have to be the same strain for both properties but that would be ideal. I'm by no means a regular smoker but am not a lightweight.

Appreciate the advice.
Re: How knowledgeable are the budtenders in Amsterdam coffeeshops?
Posted: 2015-08-17, 7:10 pm

Carice Liefde Power Kat
Hi,

I'm far to be the most experienced and to have many experiencesas I only have couples and I certainly cannot give any advice about this and those, but I do have some good moments in coffeeshops. The reason is quite simple : 'I don't smoke tabacco or weed either. So I can't say what is the best and what's the worse. But i tried Bubble Gum which was nice and Amnesia Haze which was crazy.

From what I experienced however, being with a couple of friends or relatives, one being very close to me and smoking, is that all the places we have been to (Jolly Joker, Hunter's, Baba, and other places), the bartenders ALWAYS been very of good advices and have taken their time listening to what our purpose was, in order to go into the same direction and give very good advices about the power and the effects wished according to us.

So I never have had bad surprises about a bartender pretending to know everything, and a relative judging by the material saying after that that the things said were actually bullshit.

I considered that multiple times i have been well informed about the effect of the weed even if I said I was a non smoker and/or only wanted to have infos about all this.

You should probably find places when you'll have better/friendlier sellers, but one thing I have kept in mind and witnessed is that in most of those places people who are selling are not the funny kind and are very serious (they dealing with soft drugs, but they have people from all over the world and they have heavy responsabilities about what they selling and how).

Netherlands and Amsterdam is known for his laidback atmosphere, but I never seen someone acting like stupid, drinking beer, being drunk for example, which is a very good thing. They are probably stoned when they get on bike after that, but they do have a responsable attitude once inside and they do dealing everyday with soft drugs to not acting like fools even when they are cycling in the middle of the traffic like you can see from Damstraat, Rokin or OZA.

Joetheman wrote:
When i'm there i would like to ask for weed to meet my specific needs. I'm assuming they know what they are talking about as its there job but I can imagine for tourists they might just offer the generic weed or the most expensive.

Not necessarily.
Weed might be a bit more expensive than in Europe countries like France or England (for the only little part I know), but the quality has almost nothing to do and is far better (from the sources I have).

Anyway ask anything you want and they surely give you lots of advices.
Posted: 2015-08-22, 3:59 pm

kingconan
Short answer - very.

Slightly longer answer - avoid the tourist trap coffee shops and stick to the smaller ones and you'll find that the bud tenders will have a lot of time for you.
Posted: 2015-08-22, 9:33 pm

AlCaponedLondoner
Can you name a couple of your favourites? And ones to avoid? I've read a lot on the forum but theres so many different preferences of different people. Whats your favourites coffee shops?
Posted: 2015-09-11, 5:07 pm

tyrex00
Siberie and Amnesia are 2 great places, relatively quiet and a bit off the beaten track. Or the Greenhouse on Harlemmerstraat if you look a more lively environment...
Enjoy
Posted: 2015-09-11, 6:01 pm

dayman
I would say they are pretty knowledgable. My problem with Amsterdam is the stupid concentrate ban. I have pretty much not smoked weed in a year. All me and my friends smoke is dabs. So much better for your lungs and it lasts longer. Also all the edibles I have tried in the Dam sucked a bag of dicks. Like I said though if you focus is flowers you can get good stuff. I love super silver haze. Also the morrocan hashess are tasty to me.
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: