Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Limburg Eindhovern area
Posted: 2016-05-22, 9:14 pm

AMSBIKER
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi all,

Travelling over to Eindoven, Limburg area next month next month and was wondering if anyone knew the current situation with serving tourists in coffeeshops around here? Looking through the Amsterdam coffeeshop directory the town of Venlo is close to where I'm going but it's right in the border. Any info gratefully received

Ab

Posted: 2016-05-24, 3:56 pm

block
Pretty sure Eindhoven is still selling to anyone. Kerkrade also sells to tourists. Sittard is reportedly going to go back to the pass on June 1 which is a shame for everyone except the street dealers. The Sittard situation was discussed in a couple of the online dutch newspapers recently but in fairness nothing mentioned at all in the past 6 weeks so we shall see. Also Heerlen still ignores that ban.

Miles Davis
Re: Limburg Eindhovern area
Posted: 2016-07-03, 3:14 pm

AMSBIKER
Hi all. Sorry about the delay but I can confirm that Eindhoven is still selling to non locals. Went to 90% of the shops and no problems. Some just ask for ID. Passport etc. Best coffee shop for me was high times. Nice staff who were very friendly.

Posted: 2016-07-04, 1:31 am

AlCaponedLondoner
AMSBIKER wrote:
Hi all. Sorry about the delay but I can confirm that Eindhoven is still selling to non locals. Went to 90% of the shops and no problems. Some just ask for ID. Passport etc. Best coffee shop for me was high times. Nice staff who were very friendly.

Nice one mate! I'm going there this weekend so good to know. I'll head to high times. Anywhere more central you could recommend? Did you go to baekeland square?
Posted: 2016-07-04, 1:47 am

AMSBIKER
Hi

No didn't got to that one. Went to the following ones thou...:)

Eindhoven

The cool 1000
Barrierweg 229 5622 CN

The wall 0800
Marconilaan 23c 5612 H

Pink 1000
Willemstraat 35a 5611

Sinbad 0900
Hobbemastraat 17 5613 HK

High times 1100
Roostenlaan 24a 5644 GE

Name of the coffee shop followed by the opening times and address. Unfortunately couldn't get to anymore due to a failing clutch on my motorcycle and a trip on a recovery wagon.:(

Loved the change from Amsterdam where I usually go. Was a really nice change to mingle with real locals. As I said the staff at high times were really nice and friendly to me as I speak zero Dutch but we got through it with some laughter and hand signals. The other coffee shops were really buy and fly with very little personality. Will defo be back to this part of the Netherlands. The campsite I stayed at nearby in a village called Melderslo was ace and again I couldn't ask for nicer and more helpful and welcoming people. A change from the Dam where I have been going for some 20 years now but the atmosphere has most definetly changed and not for the better. Not for me anymore. Have a great time. I'm really jealous. :)

Kind regards

AB

Posted: 2016-07-04, 1:49 am

AMSBIKER
Ps n it's quite a small town/city. The coffee shops I visited are quite close to each other. A short taxi ride only.

AB

Posted: 2016-07-04, 9:36 am

AlCaponedLondoner
AMSBIKER wrote:
Hi

No didn't got to that one. Went to the following ones thou...:)

Eindhoven

The cool 1000
Barrierweg 229 5622 CN

The wall 0800
Marconilaan 23c 5612 H

Pink 1000
Willemstraat 35a 5611

Sinbad 0900
Hobbemastraat 17 5613 HK

High times 1100
Roostenlaan 24a 5644 GE

Name of the coffee shop followed by the opening times and address. Unfortunately couldn't get to anymore due to a failing clutch on my motorcycle and a trip on a recovery wagon.:(

Loved the change from Amsterdam where I usually go. Was a really nice change to mingle with real locals. As I said the staff at high times were really nice and friendly to me as I speak zero Dutch but we got through it with some laughter and hand signals. The other coffee shops were really buy and fly with very little personality. Will defo be back to this part of the Netherlands. The campsite I stayed at nearby in a village called Melderslo was ace and again I couldn't ask for nicer and more helpful and welcoming people. A change from the Dam where I have been going for some 20 years now but the atmosphere has most definetly changed and not for the better. Not for me anymore. Have a great time. I'm really jealous. :)

Kind regards

AB

Thanks for the detailed info man. Appreciate it. I'll let you know which ones I visit. Sounds like a nice place. Baekeland square is actually eindhovens rld. But it sounds like you were there just there for the city and weed. Thanks again mate.
Posted: 2016-07-12, 4:19 pm

block
Heerlen and Kerkrade both sell to non Dutch. The shop at Kerkrade is one of the better shops I have visited anywhere in Holland

Miles Davis
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: