Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Coffee shops in NE Vondelpark/Museumplein Area?
Posted: 2016-06-23, 7:31 pm

nyc diesel
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Online and checking out my 2014 Guide to Coffee Shops, the Vossiusstraat/Van Baerlestraat area where I'll be staying appears to be a coffee shop desert. Tweedy seems the closest, a kilometre away.

Any hidden gems near the Hotel Piet Hein?

Also, where's the best budget headshop these days for basic pipes, screens, etc.?

Dank u well.
Re: Coffee shops in NE Vondelpark/Museumplein Area?
Posted: 2016-06-24, 9:52 pm

Mister Mingeater
Hello,
unfortunately there is nothing very close to where you are. A comfortable and cosy place not too far away and worth a look is coffeeshop Noon which is across the main canal over the road from the main front entrance to the Rijksmuseum.
They have a facebook page with photo's and map etc. so if you search it, all will be revealed.
Cheers,
Mr M

Posted: 2016-06-25, 2:48 am

nyc diesel
Thanks. I should have checked out Noon out during my last two visits when I was staying in the Leidesplein area.

Place I feel most comfortable at is the Dampkring 2 because it's large, great product, cheap supplies, and has some fantastic multimedia installations. But it's so far away from where I'm staying and I not a night-bus type of guy at my age.
Posted: 2016-06-30, 3:22 pm

Mister Mingeater
As an after thought, how about Easy Times which is on the next street over from Noon? That has more space than Noon and has some nicely themed relaxing areas, they have their own website with piccies etc so check that out too.
Cheers

Posted: 2016-07-04, 12:18 pm

whiskeex
Easy Times is a fantastic, spacey CS with modern interior and nice music... generally. Only been to Noon once but it should have good reputation. When I was staying near Vondelpark on my last visit I generally walked to ET and Dolphins even though it took a while. Best to stay away from those without a reputation...
Posted: 2016-07-04, 10:58 pm

nyc diesel
Thanks, guys, for the feedback.

When I stayed in Leidesplein, I had a room that was isolated and a big top floor window so I didn't worry about my smoke too much (I tend to go with weed in the coffee shops, hash at the hotel because of lesser odor).

Piet Hein sounds like a squeezed hotel with older tourists. Will I REALLY be kicked out if they smell weed or hash? If so, is there a cheap vape I should buy? And if so, where?

Dank u well.
Posted: 2016-07-05, 10:28 am

withnail Power Kat
Unless I'm mistaken, Tweedy closed down some time ago. I wouldn't be rushing to the Noon either unless things have improved there significantly in the past couple of years. I wonder whether thy still have their 'Blueberry' (LOL!) special deal?
From where you are staying you are a hop, skip and jump away from the coffee shops of De Pijp. Plenty of decent choices there and certainly better than anything the Leidseplein area has to offer. Katsu, Club Media or De Graal would be my recommendations.
Posted: 2016-07-06, 3:40 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I second Katsu.
Seems a shame to be so close, and not stop in.
One of my favorite shops, the first shop recommended to me by my Dutch relatives.
Mr. Withnail has squandered an hour or two of his life in coffeeshops.
If it makes his list, it is worth stopping.

Weasel

[ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: