Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Coffee shops and edibles?
Posted: 2016-07-31, 8:06 pm

monkerfish
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I have only smoked a few times in my life and not a smoker. I wound't mind trying out one of the space cakes or cupcakes.. How potent are they and what's the best shop near central station? Is it best to eat and walk around or pick one up to go?

Thanks
Re: Coffee shops and edibles?
Posted: 2016-08-21, 2:49 pm

officematt2002
I have done this a few times now and results may vary, even with what is deemed to be the same product. My advice is to heed the advice of your bud tender and the label. Not all space cakes are meant to be eaten in one sitting. I found that some made me sleepy, others made me feel as though I was walking on air, but when it comes down to it, they have been all wonderful experiences. Additional advice is not to smoke or drink until such time you feel it kicking in, otherwise you could really overdo it and may end up a mess back in your room and not enjoying the day. Oh yeah, time of day will have different effects too. At least I think so. lol.
Posted: 2016-08-21, 6:34 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
Paradox and Dolphins are said to be the best.

For me, all Amsterdam edibles are quite weak.
I don't bother with them anymore.

Posted: 2016-08-26, 10:11 am

stinkyfeet
Hello,
I quitted smoking tobacco some years ago, and since then I'm a regular and satisfied edibles consumer.
Edibles have to be managed with the proper approach, since their effect is delayed and lasts longer than the smoked THC.
Just be careful, starting with a small dose (1/4 of a muffin or cake slice), wait abt. 1 hour and if the effect is still not present or only slightly present, eat another 1/4 and repeat the process.
From my experience, the effect with the edibles is much more "stoning" than the smoke... the ideal effect for to lie down and relax listening to music. The effect can last from 2 to 4 hours.

Looking to the A'dam coffeshops, the choice of edibles is quite limited, offering only space cakes and muffins. The real paradise for the edible lovers are the US States where recreational marijuana has been legalized (Colorado, Washington, Oregon) where you can find edibles in all the immaginable shapes (sodas, tinctures, chocolate bars, candies, etc. etc.)

In my opinion, I've tried many different coffeshops edibles, and at today (august 2016) the best edible in Amsterdam (strenght, taste and price) is the blueberry space muffin from bluedird, sold @ 5,50 Eur
Even if I'm quite addicted to the edibles effect, half of a bluebird space muffin is enough for sending me into soft clouds of thoughts for abt. 2-3 hours.
Posted: 2016-09-13, 5:38 pm

HighClouds
Shinken69 wrote:
Paradox and Dolphins are said to be the best.

For me, all Amsterdam edibles are quite weak.
I don't bother with them anymore.

I concur with Shinken here. Amsterdam edibles are pretty much rip-offs. Granted, this was a few years ago, I've tried both Paradox and Dolphins. Paradox had a slice of plastic wrapped cake with a dire warning on top not to eat more than half of it. After eating the whole thing, I got a mild buzz an hour later for about 30 mins, then it was all gone. That was about 7 euros, I think. Dolphins had "space muffins" with a cute blue gummy dolphin to seal up the plastic wrap - about the same price, if memory serves. This was much better than the Paradox cake, and lasted a couple of hours or so - nothing to write home about.

The reason I say this is that I have since had the opportunity to try Cali made gummy bears. Each package is slit into 4 small cubes, each of which has a 25 mg dosage. With these, the effects take about 30 mins to an hour to come on, depending on how full your stomach is, I believe, but the effects are hellacious and last almost 24 hours, for me anyway. You pretty much don't want to plan a day out if you've sucked on one of these.

I also do a milkshake with my leftover ABV, and while it is a tad disgusting to drink, the effects are outrageous with just 2 tablespoons of the ABV - we're talking just about 24 hours, and again, plan on a major Netflix binge after drinking it.

Point being, you get nothing even remotely close in Amsterdam.

FWIW.

HC
 [ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: