Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Eating hash.
Posted: 2017-09-30, 8:54 pm

Des
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
As a non smoker, one of my problems when going to Amsterdam is that I am liable to cough and wheeze when smoking a pre-rolled joint. Further exacerbated by the fact I am usually on my own so am not in a position to be in a group where the joint gets passed around, thus giving time to recover. I have to keep puffing to keep the damn thing lit.
I have in the past had some space cakes, which I think have hash ingredients. Seems to be a bit hit or miss regarding whether they work, and there is always the time gap for digestion to take place.
What if I buy a pure hash joint? Can I just eat the stuff and wait a bit for the hit? Is it safe? Is it an efficient way to partake of the weed? I usually have a beer when smoking joints and would anticipate doing this to wash the hash down.
Any downsides or other advice?
Regards all.
Re: Eating hash.
Posted: 2017-10-01, 9:55 pm

IQ
I would advise against eating hash. First, in order to digest it properly it should be cooked in oil to maximize the bio-availability of the cannabinoids and to reduce stomach irritation. Space cakes are made with ghee for this reason.

For edibles I would recommend Paradox. They have a good rep and I have enjoyed their cakes. Start with half a slice on an empty stomach, wait an hour and eat more if you need more effect. The high of edibles comes on much more slowly than smoking and lasts longer.

Another option for a non-smoker is to vape. Amnesia has a few tornado vapes which fills a bag with cannabis vapor and you inhale at your own pace. It is much milder than smoking and just as good a high. Just ask the bud-tender if you can use their tornado.
Posted: 2017-10-02, 10:18 pm

Des
Many thanks IQ. I think I will check out this vaping once I get there. Not something I have ever done before. I think I read somewhere that they have the equipment you can vape with at the Greenhouse.
From TV programmes I have seen recently it seems that hash gives the sort of pleasant, happy high that I hope to achieve. Apparently a lot of today's cannabis has the other constituent that can make you a bit paranoid, and that I want to avoid this time.
With luck I may have some time to try an edible - I have limited time and don't want to mix different variants of drug.
Best Regards.
Posted: 2017-10-02, 11:00 pm

Mister Mingeater
Hello there,
The hit on vapes and volcanoes etc is different from a spliff and can creep up on you subtlely so a bit at a time is good.
Paradox have some Volcano's for use.
Some other shops that have Volcano's are Voyagers, Barneys, Bluebird, Amnesia, Siberie.
I like volcano's, they look like it says and you fit a big condom / zeppelin shaped bag on it with a valve. When it is filled you detach it and use the valve to release / suck out a lungful or whatever. Nice and cool without too much coughing!
Mostly use weed in these but you can use hash and also mix them together.
The budtenders would set them up for you.
Good fun to pass around a few fellow smokers in the shop too.
Just another idea for you to consider.
I wouldn't recommend eating hash neat, you can crumble it in yoghurt and leave it overnight, this does help release the 'effect' but again not great
Cheers,
Mr M

Posted: 2017-10-02, 11:09 pm

IQ
FWIW cannabis comes in two primary strains, Sativa and Indica. The hybrids you see on coffee shop menus are all variants of these two strains. I prefer Sativa because it gives a more mellow high and I can smoke it all day long and still function, whereas strong Indica can really get you blitzed out of your gourd.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!
Posted: 2017-10-03, 1:44 am

headsSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I'd recommend something leaning towards Indica. Most coffeeshop menus will distinguish. Indica will give you a more stoned/sleepy/head high sans the paranoia. Careful though because indica can kill your sex drive as well. I have pretty much exclusively used strain specific flower/hash/edibles for the past few years, but this is still just my opinion. I steer clear of stuff over 80% sativa and grown/cured well. Can make me very paranoid.

I do recommend volcanoes. Although nothing wrong with taking a few hits off the joint and letting it go out. I have the same problem. I'm not a heavy hitter anymore, but I can also roll my own and I make them small. Edibles are great but make sure you are okay with being high for a few hours and be prepared to wait up to 1.5 hours for full effect. Do not eat too much, you'll lose a day.
Posted: 2017-10-03, 1:41 pm

Des
Lots of good info. Thanks guys. I'm going to print off this thread and carry it around while in Amsterdam to keep me on track.
Posted: 2017-10-04, 2:56 am

Eric
I have a method for dealing with an overwhelming number of thoughts, some of which make me worry. Thought I'd share, maybe it helps. I agree to a rule with myself. Rule is: Write thoughts down, worry about them later. So I always keep a pen and paper with me and if something comes to mind I write it down. Knowing I'll have a chance to deal with it later clears my head and keeps my peace of mind - Especially then, when I really have the intention of doing something else, other than worry...

Cheers,

... Eric
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: