Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Two hazes
Posted: 2019-04-08, 12:27 pm

HighClouds
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Just a really quick post following my recent visit. As I mentioned in the trip report section, I stayed in Haarlem, but coffeeshops-wise I only went to Willie Wortel's Sativa there.

As I'm sure you all know, you walk in, buy your stuff at a counter right next to the door and leave if you want to. There's another door to go through if you want to go inside the coffeeshop proper. I found the guys to be very, very nice, but the only strain I stuck to was Amnesia Haze on the grounds that it's a tried and true entity. I was pleasantly surprised that Willie's Amnesia was superb and cheaper than in Amsterdam (12 euros a gram vs 14 in Amsterdam). You walk inside and you can use a Volcano or a bong. You sit at a small table, plug in the Volcano and puff away bag after bag while watching guys playing pool. Very laid back and nice - no loud music that I can remember.

In Amsterdam, I was usually in and out while train-hopping, so I would just go the Greenhouse Centrum and get the Super Silver Haze (15 euros a gram). Luckily, the batch was more than excellent, and of course, you all know they have a Volcano too. I found that between two to three bags at a time was about all I could handle, and it would last me all day.

On one occasion I went to Amnesia and got the Amnesia Haze (14 euros a gram), which was fantastic, but no better than Willie's, quite frankly.

Interestingly enough, I used to be able to tell the two hazes apart, but this time they felt so similar in effect. Still, an excellent way to get primed for a day of random train riding (and a bit of random tram riding in Amsterdam).

That's the extent of my toking. I guess at my age, I can't do as much as I used to, but still love it just as much.

I will make a comparison to Seattle, though. The one huge con in Seattle is that there is really nowhere to actually toke/vape except at home, and if you live in an apartment, the no smoking rules can get pretty onerous. I guess there's more than one way to limit consumption! But if you factor that out, I have to say that the PNW scene is far better than Amsterdam. The variety of products in Seattle is mind boggling, from flower to oils to shatter and wax to edibles and drink. I never trusted Amsterdam edibles because they almost never did anything for me - overpriced confectionery, essentially. But the edibles in Seattle pack a real punch, and are calibrated pretty well - 20 mg feels like 20 mg almost every time. And everything you buy is labeled, with grower name, THC levels, and limited strain information (which you can check on Leafly anyway), with all the flower being packed and vacuum sealed.

Add to all that the ability to order online on your phone from an illustrated menu, and show up just for a pick-up, like ordering a pizza - really, there's nothing like it! It will be interesting to see how the other states turn out.

HC
Re: Two hazes
Posted: 2019-04-08, 4:09 pm

IQ
Hmm. Seattle was a fun city when I last visited (20 years ago!). Maybe I'll have to do some weed tourism in the States. I wonder if there are any weed-friendly hotels? 8)
Re: Two hazes
Posted: 2019-04-08, 8:20 pm

HighClouds
Weed friendly hotels....hmmm...I guess anything is possible. Be forewarned, though, Seattle is nothing like it was even 5 years ago. Tons of homeless people everywhere, very crowded and nowhere near as laid back and nice as it was. But....the herbage can't be beat!

HC
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: