Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Recommendations for me
Posted: 2014-03-08, 7:28 pm

Millz95
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Planning on coming to Amsterdam in July and just want to get an idea of what would be the best strain for me.

Wouldn't have smoked weed for 8 months (live in the UAE) and when I dd in the UK it was once in a blue moon, normally 2-3 joints will put me to sleep and I become untalkative.

I want something which isn't going to put me to sleep and make me a boring mother fucker, but which I'm going to enjoy and be able to smoke more than 1 joint of. ( as I can imagine it's going to be a shock to the system from the shit weed my friends and I used to pick up ).

(Yes i'm a newbie when it comes to this tbh)

Thanks in advance,

Millz
Re: Recommendations for me
Posted: 2014-04-13, 1:10 am

Roland Power Kat
I would recommend Katsu or Mellow Yellow and just ask the budtender what they have available.
Try White Widow or Skunk and use that as your baseline.
I would never get a mixed joint. So make sure that you ask if it is mixed or pure, no matter where you go.
Since you are not a regular smoker and don't know much about the weed you are getting make sure that you tell them what you want or prefer.
I would then recommend that you take a maximum of 3 normal tokes and wait 20 -30 minutes and see where you are. You should be able to figure out if that is too much, too little or just right. If it is too much and you are too high, just wait a little while. If it is right...then Bob is your uncle. If it is too little then you know what to do.
If you are experiencing a whitey have a glass of water with 2 sugar packets in it or have a glass of orange juice.
Have a great time.
Regards, Roland

Posted: 2014-04-13, 10:22 am

Sulttan
Try to stay with Sativa strain , I stay away from indica ,will screw with your mind , and you will only sleep.
The weed in Amsterdam , is more powerful than anything you tried in the state, I smoked weed in the US for seven years , and on my first trip to Amsterdam , I took one joint , and couldn't walk down the street.
As the man said take three buffs and Waite to see .
Posted: 2014-04-13, 7:32 pm

Mister Mingeater
I would concur that Sativas are what you are looking for as they are more uplifting and energizing, taking it a few tokes at a time so as not to overdo it.
As said before, light it and have a few tokes then put it out, let yourself soak it in for a while, then re-light it until you get the buzz you like and then leave it alone - you can always top up later.
Good names are particularly the'Hazes' such as Purple or my favourite which is Amnesia Haze (which can get you a bit horny - erm.. apparently !)
You get a cleaner effect by not having a beer with it but I tend to have one because I like to indulge in everything whilst in Amsterdam.
Have a happy time,
Mister M

Posted: 2014-04-15, 1:58 am

HighClouds
I would also concur about the uplifting qualities of sativa strains, but since they are very mental they also tend to the paranoia inducing end of the spectrum. As Mister Mingeater has indicated, Amnesia Haze is an excellent all round compromise, that is, great soaring mental high, and manageable paranoia. Its also pretty widely available - at least it was when I went in November. Liberty Haze is a nice Amnesia Haze cross, which I liked a lot as well.

Should you decide to avail yourself of a vaporizer, just be aware that most coffeeshops have the Volcano. You'll grind up what looks like a ridiculously small amount, and watch the bag fill up. What I'm saying is, for the first couple of times anyway, don't feel like you have to vape the whole bag until you know for sure that you won't be laid low.
Posted: 2014-04-15, 9:35 am

Sulttan
Try Hawian snow , fantastic Sativa
For more analysis of the effect of weed see this link . It describes the effect by categories ,

http://www.leafly.com/sativa

Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 315.71 KiB ]
Posted: 2019-03-12, 10:25 am

IQ
I concur with the Sativa recommendations. I enjoy rolling my own joints and using the herb mix provided. This way I get a less concentrated joint and I can enjoy a longer smoke. I don't much enjoy taking two puffs and being on my ass. I savor smoking like I would a nice cigar.

You can buy pre-rolled joints or roll your own. You won't have much selection buying pre-rolled. Often they won't even have Sativa pre-rolled. So rolling your own or smoking from a pipe is your best way to select your own strain.

Hash is another nice option to mix in a herb cigarette. Ask the budtender for recommendations.
Posted: 2019-03-12, 1:36 pm

pw999
White Widow is great beginner weed. You are just giggly-happy and laugh your ass off.
Lemon Haze and Super Silver Haze are also good.

I personally wouldn't recommend Jack Herer. It hits you way too fast. You smoke it and a few minutes later you are super high. It seems to be a very famous and popular strain but I guess you need to be a hardcore weed smoker to be able to enjoy that.

If you are not one of those anti-tobacco people (no offence), I think you should definitely mix it with tobacco and even put more tobacco than weed into your joint. The weed in Amsterdam is too powerful for occassional smokers.
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: