Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Greenhouse Effect
Posted: 2005-04-10, 5:02 am

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I've been visiting A'dam regularly since 1997, and I've always found that the Greenhouse Effect has more than met my smoking needs. The menu doesn't change much, but the quality is consistent, the prices are reasonable, the staff is friendly and they will sell up to 50E's worth per visit, which more than takes care of me for the duration of my stay. The Silver Haze is a classic sativa, not too much, not too little, and the Greenhouse Special is an indica that sits on your head like a lead weight. Still, this shop is rarely mentioned in smoking reports. Is it just me, or are there other GE fans out there.
Re: Greenhouse Effect
Posted: 2005-04-10, 7:26 am

Amsterfan420
I love the staff at the greenhouse effect bar next door, they are amazing people (Hi Ruth)! Decent weed good prices.
Posted: 2005-04-10, 11:53 pm

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
You are speaking the truth.
For the past few years on stock up trips my all-around favorite smoke has been Greenhouse Centrum's King Hassan hashes.
This year the batch is great again.
I always seem to spend more time relaxing in other favorite shops like Nes, Abraxus, DeKuil, and Amnesia . And Katsu and Tweede Kamer and Dampkring ...
Now that you mention it, I have even spent more time inside Gray Area and High Times (Alkmaar) than in the GH Centrum.
Damn, I feel I must make ammends and promise to spend at least an hour a day in the place on future trips.
Or at least stopping by before spending an hour above the second bridge just up the street.
Posted: 2005-04-11, 12:03 am

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
The Greenhouse Effect and Greenhouse Centrum are two different places. I like the vibe at Greenhouse Effect even if the menu rarely changes. Interestingly, I've never patronized the next door bar, but probably should.
Posted: 2005-04-11, 1:51 pm

withnail Power Kat
well at the greenhouse effect currently they have a nice bio haze but at 12 euros a gramme not too many takers i dont think. just had a lovely cup of cinnamon and apple tea there not one our ago.

beautiful sunshine here in amsterdam today. im off to sarphatipark to do some reading and smoke a little more of this organic northern lights, my favourite new find at under 5 euros a gramme.

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2005-04-11, 3:54 pm

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
12 euro a gram is more expensive than in New York! Of course we don't usually get a selection of strains to choose from. The quality runs from the sublime to the ridiculous, but the price remains constant.
Posted: 2005-04-11, 4:12 pm

uberchef
Greetings Withnail!

Any talk of organics makes my ears perk up...would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of where I might be able to procure a bit for myself upon my next visit?

Bedankt~
uber.
Posted: 2005-05-20, 9:51 am

penh0use
Hey Bone, 12E is like $16, and your not likely to find a gram of anything decent for that price in NY, unless your buying at least an 1/8th or you've got some connections.
Posted: 2005-05-20, 4:22 pm

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Having used a calculator, I see I'm paying about $18 a gram in New York, but I always buy a 1/2 oz. at a time. So, point taken, but I pay much less than 12 euro in the Dam. 10.5 grams of Silver Haze at Greenhouse Effect is 50 euro.
Posted: 2005-05-22, 8:34 am

EdAmsterdam
I just don't like the GHE buds. I do love their shop and their bar.

As to 10.5 g's.....I preffer to sample around in different coffeeshops and discover new highs.

Always carry with me some Grey Area magic powder (grey mist skuff)

EdAmsterdam
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: