Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Dolphins Coffeeshop
Posted: 2005-04-25, 7:12 pm

Craig
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Dolphins got it's weed license back! They are currently selling and have been for a week or two. Not a big selection with 3 weeds and 3 hashes.

On the bad side, it looks like they gave up their liquor license. Alcohol is no longer available.
Re: Dolphins Coffeeshop
Posted: 2005-04-25, 8:27 pm

JBIG
if you gotta choose one or the other, I think they made the right choice
Posted: 2005-04-25, 8:42 pm

uberchef
I second that notion JBIG.

Although I've not been to Dolphins in my previous visits, it gets a lot of 'press' here on Ignatz...what is the draw? This is the Dolphins coffeeshop on Leidsestraat, correct?

~uber.
Posted: 2005-04-25, 8:53 pm

JBIG
one of the most impressive interior designs out of all shops, plus good/great grass
Posted: 2005-04-25, 10:42 pm

uberchef
Coffeeshop yo-yo, deep down in de Pijp, also has an attractive, airy design with large windows allowing for natural light...rare for a coffeeshop as I find they are often cramped and cluttered places that promote claustrophobia.

Yo yo also sold original handmade greeting cards and displayed local artists work on the walls. Although their gear was very simple, all outdoor bio grass, and no hasj available at the time I visited (circa '02), I liked how the strains were all small, local varieties. You won't find the usual suspects here. It was a cool place for a smoke.

Yo-Yo
2e Jan v d Heijdenstraat 79
Posted: 2005-04-26, 3:03 pm

dwj
Good to hear they have their weed licence back, I was starting to think they might not.

It is a very cool coffeeshop design wise, upstairs is all done out to look like an underwater scene and so is the downstairs bit but with some really comfy, gouchy seats. They also have I think three vaporizers for you to use. I always found the staff to be very pleasant as well although I must confess I stopped buying their weed and hash a couple of years ago, not that it's bad or anything I just think you can get better for cheaper without looking too far.

Dave
Posted: 2005-05-06, 8:39 am

paniked Power Kat
Quote:
what is the draw? This is the Dolphins coffeeshop on Leidsestraat, correct?

as others have mentioned, the shop has an impressive interior. another draw was the boat tour they used to run -- unfortunately it wasn't operating any of the times that I was there. for not much more than you pay to take the regular tourist canal boats, the Dolphins would chuck in a t-shirt, a bag of weed and other swag (not to be confused w/ schwag).

personally, I don't really rate the weed, but they did used win some Cannabis Cups for their hash -- whether the Cup is a measure of quality alone is another question entirely though.

if it were me, I'd get 5gr of Blueberry or White Melon at the Noon and stroll on down the Dolphins :)

-paniked

[ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: