Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 11 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Smoking Weed at the Kras
Posted: 2005-05-28, 8:35 pm

rubadubdub
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Are they alright about people smoking some herb in the hotel rooms at the Kras?

Very happy to be staying there soon... red and green are very nice colours...
Re: Smoking Weed at the Kras
Posted: 2005-05-29, 12:44 am

STPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Smoking weed in any hotel room in Amsterdam --anywhere in maninstram Europe for that matter:

Don't ask, don't tell. Be discrete and keep ventilated. Why should you even worry what you do in your room?
Posted: 2005-05-29, 1:49 am

iloveamsterdam
avoid ibis they will throw you out if you smoke weed..
Posted: 2005-05-29, 4:15 am

AustonSupporting Member
Supporting Member
No problem. Just be courteous and you'll be fine.
Posted: 2005-05-30, 8:15 pm

LaszloSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Yep, no prob. I smoked there just two weeks ago. Be sure to hide your stash or lock it up in the in-room safe when you go out tho.
Posted: 2005-05-31, 9:04 am

rubadubdub
Nice one thanks....
Posted: 2005-06-01, 7:56 pm

StarrDluX
we smoked there in February and had no problems at all. in fact we didn't bother hiding anything either... eff it - pot is cheap! we kept our shrooms in the minibar too :)
Posted: 2005-06-01, 9:42 pm

LaszloSupporting Member
Supporting Member
The mini bar is a nice idea. Don't forget that the Kras, like every Dutch hotel with a mini bar that I've stayed in, has a mini bar that automatically makes a purchase whenever you pickup a bottle even if only to examine it. In fact I don't think I've seen these types of mini bars anywhere else in the world. Just be careful not to disrupt things when putting your stuff in the fridge. I made the mistake once of trying to store a bottle of OJ in the mini bar and knocking over about 4 or 5 other bottles in the process. There was no problem having the charges removed upon checkout - I'm sure they all showed up as being purchased at the exact same instant - but it's a hassle of explanation that I can do without when I just want to pay and leave.

That said I do always like to hide anything of value to me when I leave any hotel room. I once lost about US$200 while staying at the Hotel Amadeus in Haarlem because I didn't zip up the bag it was in. And I didn't discover the loss until a few days later in Belgium when I looked for the cash.

I do, tho, leave dirty underwear out - if someone wants to take that they're welcome to it...
Posted: 2005-06-02, 7:13 pm

shootingstar
On move I have now made standard at the Kras is as soon as I check in to the room, I call housekeeping and have them come and remove all of the goodies from the refrigerator so I can use it for my own water, juice and other items. That solves the problem of knocking over things and then having to deal with it during check out. They are happy to do this for you.

Shootingstar
Posted: 2005-06-02, 9:27 pm

markcheech
I've done what shootingstar said and yes in fact it does work. I've done it just about everytime I've been to A'dam.. And the hotel staff is more then happy to take it out then have to deal with the last minute I did not eat that check out
Posted: 2005-06-03, 2:59 am

LaszloSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Thanks shootingstar and markcheech - that's a great idea and I'll do it next time!
 [ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: