Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Day trip, which one?
Posted: 2007-05-08, 10:32 pm

pepsi
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Of these three, which one is best for just walking around outside and taking in the city. Utecht Delft Leiden Thanks.
Re: Day trip, which one?
Posted: 2007-05-09, 7:00 am

teleport123
I've never been to Leiden, but I like both Utrecht and Delft. If I had to choose one, it would be Delft.

The main square is impressive and lined with restaurants. Many of the views down the canals are quite scenic. On my last trip to Delft, it was Market Day and I spent a lot of time just browsing the stalls.

Also, you can take the tram over to Scheveningen and walk along the beach. There is a pier and restaurants built right along the beach. On a fine day, it is a joy. Excellent fish and chips can be had at the Simonis stand near the pier. They also have a sit-down restaurant with excellent food on the beach, but I prefer the less expensive stand.
Posted: 2007-05-09, 12:06 pm

paniked Power Kat
Quote:
Also, you can take the tram over to Scheveningen and walk along the beach. There is a pier and restaurants built right along the beach. On a fine day, it is a joy. Excellent fish and chips can be had at the Simonis stand near the pier. They also have a sit-down restaurant with excellent food on the beach, but I prefer the less expensive stand.

I always found a bit ironic that there is a seafood restaurant right next to the sea life museum :)

-paniked

Posted: 2007-05-09, 3:12 pm

pepsi
Thanks.
Posted: 2007-05-09, 3:56 pm

br1965Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Quote:
Of these three, which one is best for just walking around outside and taking in the city. Utecht Delft Leiden Thanks.

I spent a day in Leiden with my cousin in early April and really enjoyed the city. Plenty of places to sit down and enjoy a beverage. Beautiful city with lot's of history...

eric

Posted: 2007-05-10, 9:30 pm

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Not familiar with Utrecht but know Leiden and Delft well. Both are good for wandering, of the two I marginally favour Leiden. See if you can find the Botanic Gardens and the Tower in the centre of the town. Incidentally, train from A'dam Centraal is shorter with no need to change.

I agree with the recommendation of Simoni's in Scheveningen but the rest of the place is a dump. Better find the (little) branch in DH for a quick snack after a visit to the chinese MPs.
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: