Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Venlo
Posted: 2007-05-31, 8:52 am

shallowron
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Just wondering ... I took the train through Venlo on my way to GT last year. Thinking of heading back later this year and was just wondering if Venlo is a nice/safe place to stay. Is there much to do there while between jaunts to GT?

I'm mainly looking to set up a base camp in a nice hotel near both GT and YY.

Thanks.
Re: Venlo
Posted: 2007-06-01, 8:53 pm

davide
Hi Ron

Venlo is definitely a safe place. It's a rather small town with a lovely central area,
excellent bistrots/restaurants/bars and nice shops in general. You can visit the Limburgs museum or rent a bike and visit Blerick. However you'll find the nearby German towns to be way cheaper. Also, there are currently NO INTERNET CAFES in town.
But yes, I find it a very good base camp for GT visits. BTW The club had a great lineup this week IMHO....

D.
Posted: 2007-06-04, 7:52 am

shallowron
Thanks for the info, davide.

Do you know much about Roermond? YY is right there and doesn't look like too much of a cab ride to GT?
Posted: 2007-06-04, 10:37 am

davide
'Do you know much about Roermond?'

Never been there. I had actually planned a visit to YY last week, but eventually it was GT two days in a row. However Roermond is just 20 minutes away from Venlo, the train ride is about 4 euros.

D.
Post new topic  Board index » Amsterdam & Netherlands » Other Cities :: the Netherlands  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: