Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
Post new topic  Board index » Miscellaneous » General Discussion / Off-Topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 16 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
What is worng?!
Posted: 2009-04-26, 11:00 am

Dennis170
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I am wondering why there arn't any posts any more?

this forum is like dead =(

comon Guys and girls post some new topics wirte trip reports ect =)

Dennis 170
Re: What is worng?!
Posted: 2009-04-26, 11:18 am

danny69 Power Kat
And, remind, where is your trip report then .... Dennis!!!!
Best regards
Danny.
Posted: 2009-04-26, 11:26 am

Dennis170
oh...... well when i got some spare time today i will wirte one up just to let you know in advance i was only there for 1 day as i was going to germay the next morning arived .

i arrived wensday night 9.30pm flight form london stansted and left friday early morning!
Posted: 2009-04-26, 11:49 am

jacsmi
danny needs some love methinks
Posted: 2009-04-26, 12:34 pm

Dennis170
lol xD

you should give him some love then :D

Dennis170
Posted: 2009-04-26, 1:22 pm

amsterman Power Kat
It's a bit hard to think of replies to the 584th recommendation that Agnieszka is a good fuck!!! ;-)

It's no longer "breaking news"!! LOL!

I am just addicted to beautiful women ;-)....

And like to have lots of sex with them :-)
Posted: 2009-04-26, 1:59 pm

danny69 Power Kat
Amsterman,
LMP, Adultwork, plus Amsterdam.
You certainly not lacking when it comes to board contributions - in fact I'd say you're spreading yourself around more than Swine Flu!!
Best regards
Danny
PS off to get some loving soon, as I've been advised; but not with Jacsmi - I'm sure he's a bloke!!
Posted: 2009-04-26, 2:14 pm

Dennis170
haha danny =D best man!

Dennis170
Posted: 2009-04-26, 5:37 pm

amsterman Power Kat
Thanks Danny :-)

I realise my last Amsterdam report was not full of juicy bits, but i'm finding other places far better value. So...when i fuck, y'all know about it ;-) LOL!!!

Oh yeah, talking of which....check out the International forum ;-)

Have fun on your trip :-)

Posted: 2009-04-27, 12:40 am

Utah
Postings slowed down after the recent change that required you to sign on to your account before you could even access the Amsterdam message board.

Guess that was the goal of that puzzling change?

Posted: 2009-04-27, 12:54 am

amsterman Power Kat
Don't see that being an issue as you have to log in to post anyway!!

Posted: 2009-04-27, 1:57 am

Utah
Yes, but you didn't have to log on to read in the Amsterdam message board. There are many people like me who used to check the boards without signing on (at my office I never sign on as I have a computer that is somewhat public). Also, kinda' hard to get new people to join a board they can't see. How does someone who is not a member decide he wants to become one to respond to a post if he can't access the board?

Any time you have fewer hits you get less activity. Simple logic and also a fact.

Curious that the decreased posting activity came right after access to the message board was restricted. Just a coincidence? Then what do ya think the problem is?

Posted: 2009-04-27, 8:45 am

Dennis170
yeah thats true "HOW" would you want to become a member if you dont even see what the people talk about?!

there is NO way that some would singup like that!

Maybe the Admin/mod's should rethink their conecpt sining up before you can read!

Dennis170
Posted: 2009-04-27, 1:04 pm

expatsam
Very interesting, I had been a longtime lurking reader because everytime I tried to register I was told that my IP was on a DNS based blackhole list.

Then one day I tried to surf past and discovered that access was restricted to resgistered members, so I tried again and surprisingly got registered! Same IP, same ISP, same computer, same fat ass on the same soft couch.

Whatever! I'm glad to be part of the group now, but I only registered because I knew what I was missing.
Posted: 2009-04-27, 3:04 pm

Bac si
I read here for years before I ever registered or posted. I think that invited by friends type of folks will still register even thought they cannot read first. But the majority of folks including someone like me would likely never register or post without reading first.

I am not sure what the problem was that lead to this change in registration first before you can read. But the trade off for fixing that problem what ever it was will mean less posters. Thats the trade off.

I am assuming it was a major problem that lead to the change?

Either way I really do not care. But others may.
Posted: 2009-04-29, 2:25 pm

axxxtw Founder
ah, more of the the rld is dying, the board is dying, the sky is falling nonsense.

we monitor our built in stats and according to that posts have remained exactly the same---neither increased, or decreased.

yes, things do appear slower on the Amsterdam forum, but it looks that way because a few months ago we began, at the request of many, a separate forum for trip reports.

the forums are readable to members only because lately we've been hammered by search robots, the kind that we cannot block, because they originate from dodgy sources that don't respect 'nofollow' instructions. These bots drain our server resources, and repeatedly download many gbs of stuff from us. in consequence of that, we had server bills in excess of $1000 US (which we personally paid). we simply cannot afford that, ever again, and if that situtation repeats we will be driven from the net. which is possibly the intention. we receive next to nothing in the way of supporting memberships from our esteemed members, nor does our advertising and hotel revenue even begin to cover that. 2-3 new memberships a month hardly make a difference. Cheers to those of you who do, though!

we are still receiving daily bulletins, generated by our servers OS, when the server is overloaded.

as for the slowness of this, the main forum, do something about it: quit yer bitchin' and post.

[ 16 posts ] 

Jump to: