Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 292 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Week 6/7
Posted: 2008-02-16, 10:49 pm

RickGA420
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi, I thought I'd introduce myself after reading all your material for some time now. My name's Rick and I'm from NYC. I moved to Utrecht recently for college and of course I goto Amsterdam every chance I get :)

some news: The LA seems to be back at Betty Boop - I walked in and they had grams already packed of it today!
price 15/g

I LOOOVE that Mango at Hunter's too, I copped 5g for 66.50 (10% off?) of that before I went to GRey Area to get my full supply :P Silver B Choco and Grey Haze all prime :D

Try the P-Wreck at only 11.50 - It's really nice indica to go along with the LA (Jon told me the boys at DNA are already growing another crop of the LA cause it was so popular during the cup, and he may have some in his shop in a few weeks!)

I learned about Hunter's Bar from reading your weed reports and I cannot thank you enough for that - I have my Super Vapezilla on with the mango in it while I'm doing this - it's like smoking organic mango juice :D What other weeds have you tried there besides that Somaui, that wasnt my fav but Soma's the man for having 2 of his weeds in one shop for the first time :D
Week 8
Posted: 2008-02-18, 4:50 pm

paniked Power Kat
Week 8
Blueberry Haze - The Noon, €10/gr
Big Buddha's Blue Cheese - Grey Area, €13.50/gr
Grey Haze - Grey Area, €11.50/gr
Sour Diesel - Grey Area, €13.50/gr

BBBC was nice and strong and funky, off the menu again now unfortunately. To be honest, I'm tiring of this strain, but that's just a personal thing.

Blueberry Haze nice, but a little off the peak.

And at the risk of sounding blasphemous towards what I crowned Weed of the Year last year -- the Grey Area's Sour Diesel entries lately have been very strong (both in effect and approximation to the real deal).

Weed of the Week
Sour Diesel - Grey Area

-paniked

Last edited by paniked on 2008-02-27, 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Posted: 2008-02-19, 8:24 pm

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
two of soma's strains in one shop is a find , eh?

what about nycd and lavender?

ANYDAY,
Posted: 2008-02-19, 9:18 pm

paniked Power Kat
yeah, I think right now you get at least 4 at Hunters (which has always had more than other shops):

NYC Diesel
Lavender
SoMaui
Mango Madness (aka Somango)

sometimes you get Buddha's Sister too.

they're all quite nice, but sometimes I need something nice and really debilitating and I find Soma's strains to be, well, not so devastating ;)

-paniked

Posted: 2008-02-22, 2:25 am

RickGA420
Thanks dude, and I'll be sure to actually check the menu next time too lol :P

Ya, I do feel your comment regarding the Somaui but the Mango for me is really a treat because my Vapezilla brings out all the fruity flavors in the weed much better than smoking it does (especially with weeds such as cannolope haze, grey berry, silver b, etc)
All my comments on weed will be from the vaporizer - I just smoke pure hash from a bong, but sometimes I like to take a hit or two off hashy weeds like the G13-haze or the new king the G13X Amnesia.

Can someone tell me if the Amnesia Haze at Hunter's is made by Soma too? If so I will need to test that out against the G13 X Amnesia, which I agree with you is the best smoke right now and is really something special - it seems like Dampkring is on a mission to take down Derry's G13 kingdom with this one lol

Went into Grey Area today - everything in stock except blue cheese which should be in on Saturday. I'm anxious to hear your verdict Panicked :)
Week 8
Posted: 2008-02-24, 10:42 pm

paniked Power Kat
Week 8
East Coast Trainwreck (indica) - The Noon, €12/gr
Honey B (sativa) - Barney's Lounge, €12/gr
Crimea Blue (indica) - Barney's Lounge €12/gr
G13 Haze (indica/sativa) - Barney's Lounge €14/gr

Hadn't been to Barney's in a while so I decided to stop back in and see what was happening. As always, weed looks and smells fantastic -- right up there with Grey Area for presentation and quality. Must admit I was disappointed a) to get ID'd straight off (though the fella quickly realized his mistake); b) with the smoke quality. Was expecting a lot more from both the G13 Haze and the Honey B, but they seemed quite a bit off the peak; it was actually Crimea Blue, which I think I slated pretty hard last year, that caught my attention with it's very grapefruit like taste/smell.

Trainwreck from the Noon also was a nice indica creeper stone. Again, surprised me a bit as this has been very disappointing in the past. But this was selected only on account of a lack of Blueberry Haze at the time.

Weed of the Week
Crimea Blue - Barney's Lounge

-paniked

Last edited by paniked on 2008-02-27, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Week 9
Posted: 2008-02-27, 3:38 pm

paniked Power Kat
Week 9
Silver Bubble (sativa/indica) - Grey Area, €13.50/gr
ReCon (indica) - Grey Area, €13.50/gr
Pink Kush - Grey Area, €12.50/gr
P-Wreck (Purple Trainwreck) - Grey Area, €11.50/gr (?)

new batch of Silver Bubble, it's a lot like the ones in the past, but this one seems to have more flavour to match the strength -- that's a good thing!

and the lovely mutant indica ReCon is back as well -- it's been probably about 14mos since this was last around. I definitely think it's different, don't know if the growers have been working on it, or if it's a new grow from seed, but it's got the very nice hashy stone which it owes to it's LA Confidential roots.

Weed(s) of the Week
ReCon - Grey Area
Pink Kush - Grey Area

-paniked

Last edited by paniked on 2008-03-03, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Week 9
Posted: 2008-02-28, 5:46 pm

ColonelAngus
Hi Paniked, I sampled some of the Recon last week at the GA also, it was a special offering and not expected to make a regular return. DonCoProdo says it was off the hook!

Posted: 2008-02-28, 6:52 pm

paniked Power Kat
I know, Col. -- that's why I was on it faster than a chicken on a june bug, if you're familiar with that expression ;) maybe it's my SEC education...

-paniked

Posted: 2008-02-29, 11:32 am

MikeFromTxSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hey Paniked,

When you say SEC education are you talking about a South East Conference school?

Posted: 2008-02-29, 4:02 pm

paniked Power Kat
indeed, though I'm not sure if all of them actually qualify as schools ;)

-paniked

Posted: 2008-03-03, 2:34 am

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
never heard it before but i like that a lot my son.

what the fuck's a june bug though?
Re: re: SEC
Posted: 2008-03-03, 4:41 pm

ColonelAngus
A very large flying UGLY bug that you can tie a thread to and fly around your yard. A redneck version of an RC toy plane for them that can't afford them thar' thangs : ).

Posted: 2008-03-03, 9:49 pm

Harvey WallenbangerSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyllophaga_%28genus%29
Re: the ignatz weekly weed report 2008
Posted: 2008-03-04, 1:56 am

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Now, now, there are some Southeastern Conference institutions that have schools the football teams can be proud of.

Don't forget Vanderbilt is an SEC university.
It raises the academic status of the conference and provides employers for the Bamas, Vols and Tigers.

Most importantly Ole Miss has the best looking coeds.

Posted: 2008-03-10, 4:53 am

freakpa
OK I decided to try a couple other places lately, like Betty Boop, Dampkring, Mellow Yellow, and a few others.

First, I did not see visibly any difference between the Blueberry and the Blueberry Haze bins at Mellow Yellow. I bought the blueberry haze. It was pretty good at 10 €. But still, I could not see the difference. My suspicion was that it was all the same.

I also went to Betty Boop and bought kushage at 10 and la confidential at 15. Neither bag was labelled. The guy said he could smell the difference. I have no idea why I bought the LA after that. It could all be from one bin - the 7 euro crap and the 15 euro superpremiums could all be the exact same thing. Freaks you out if you think about it.

My reviews:

Blueberry Haze - Mellow Yellow - 10 € - Very good, but not amazing. If you're in the area, pick up, but I don't know if I'd make a special trip too far out of the way. Well maybe.....

LA Confidential - Betty Boop - 15 € - Very good, but overpriced. Not recommended at this price from here.

Kushage - Betty Boop - 10 € - Very very good, I think I may have liked this better than the LA from Betty. It is now on my faves list.

Sneek - Anyday - 9,20 € - Good. I've had better Sneek. I bet if I let it age a while it will be better. Something about aging baggies for a couple weeks. But Anyday Sneek is really good stuff. On my faves list.

Stella Blue - Anyday - 9,20 € - Solid good. An excellent value. 15% off at Anyday if you buy 5g so put a g in your mix. On my faves list.

Hashplant G-13 - Anyday - 9,90 - REALLY GOOD GET THIS. Surprisingly up considering its hashplant nature. Feel good for a couple hours. I'd say this is one of the best buys in town right now if you buy 5g. Otherwise it's between this or the Kushage at Betty Boop. I have to get more of this.

Amnesia Haze - Anyday - 11,20 € - This was the most expensive on the menu. But it was still less than most top shelf anywhere else. And it was on par with most of them. Other than the Hashplant G13 I'd say this is the best on their menu.

Sage - Betty Boop - 12 € - Pretty good. It's a decent strain but I truly believe the best strain out of THSeeds is the Kushage. Save 2 e and get that instead. I just think sage is a weak sativa. Now breed that with some kush.......

G13-Amnesia Haze - Dampkring - 12,50 € - This truly does put Dampkring back in the game. I wasn't such a big fan of the Mako Haze, actually the only major one I like there is the Ocean's 12 Haze. The green menu is massive here, but it's just been off lately IMHO. So has Greenhouse. Otherwise at Dampkring their hash menu is second to none and the quality is second to none except maybe barney's. Dampkring is the best place to shop for hash at any price level (except MAYBE the top top top level of ice hash, then there are a half dozen or so places). But now it's safe to say this is worth a trip alone. Very twisting.

Silver Bubble - Grey Area - 13,50 € - Solid Grey Area crop. Recommended to go in and ask what is top shelf. At that time, the silver bubble was it. It was really good. But about the same level as the kushage and hashplant g-13 mentioned above. But it's a lot more expensive. Note on grey area - if you see the following on the menu: LA Confidential, Recon, Annunaki, Connie Chung - BUY THEM. They're novelties and to quote Zaphod Beeblebrox, "it's amazingly amazing". Otherwise, it's USUALLY Chocolope, and it's usually Chocolope anyway because that's one of the best strains ever. But every once in a while the batch is on holiday and there's something better.

Tbizla Ice - Dampkring - 20 € - I was told this is not real ice-o-lator. It looked like a block of ice though. Picked up a half g. I have gotten a LOT of use from that 10 euros. It even bubbled. Plus it's more an up than hash normally is. I can't see why this would not be ice-o-lator. I'd say it's worth checking out a half g. I plan on getting more in the future.
Re: the ignatz weekly weed report 2008
Posted: 2008-03-10, 6:48 pm

RickGA420
I just called Jon - the LA will be in stock on Thursday
Week 10
Posted: 2008-03-11, 8:00 pm

paniked Power Kat
Week 10
Crystal - Het Wolkje
Haze - De Graal
Pink Kush - Grey Area
Silver Bubble - Grey Area

freakpa, when did you score the G13-Amnesia from Dampkring? I was buying it non-stop (and rating it highly accordingly) at end of December and January, but last time I checked it was off the menu. If it's back, I'm there.

the Haze from De Graal is really quite something (1.25gr/10E) -- old-school haze taste and effect, really clean and clear, nice and high. everyone who smoked this one remarked on it and wanted more ;) now, knowing my luck, De Graal will be all out next time I'm there and it won't reappear ever again...

Weed of the Week
Haze - De Graal

-paniked

Posted: 2008-03-12, 1:42 am

RickGA420
Yea no G13 at Dampkring :( It wont the Highlife csup they finished it all by the end of it.
The new Dampkring top weeds go somethin like, Mexican Haze, Reeferman Mango, John Sinclair, Amnesia Haze

Non outstanding but still quality.

I went to Hunter's recently no somango/somaui but they had Hunter's haze which is G13x SSH and Burmese Kush which are both very strong. The haze reminds me of Grey Area sweet haze a lil :D
Re: Week 10
Posted: 2008-03-12, 5:48 am

freakpa
It was maybe a week to ten days ago. I went originally to the Pink Floyd Dampkring, but every time I go in there I walk out disappointed. All the good exciting strains are only at the main one. I give up. Same thing with the Blue Velvet Greenhouse. Always out of what I want or don't even carry it. Heh even the main greenhouse is out of half of what I want.
 [ 292 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Jump to: