Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 292 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: cheese
Posted: 2008-04-01, 5:04 pm

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
paniked - yeah he's been doing the sogouda beans for a while. i was just interested if you'd come across it cos this one has supposedly got g13 haze in it's breeding so sounded interesting.

freakpa - yeah it is hype over there as i've said before. to end the debate - REAL UK cheese actually is skunk no.1 - but a very odd stinky phenotype that was cloned and cloned and cloned over the last 20 years in the uk. it originally spread through the exodus collective - free party / traveller types who were involved in putting on large post-acid house raves.they gave out loads of clones from their base in luton and so it spread - clone only. the only shop in dam that ever had this was homegrown fantasy a few years ago but it was like the fucking holy grail to find it actually in stock.

this was up until the last year or two when bigbuddha started producing seeds based on cheese. the reason that there has been an explosion of "cheese" recently is that coffeeshops can now grow out and cross these seeds. thing is the bigbuddha seeds are not cheese in the first place. as cheese is a clone-only strain he had to cross the female clone he had with an afghan male to get seeds. this was then backcrossed 5 times. he also did a cheese x blueberry cross called blue cheese which was first sold at bluebird a good while back. anyone can grow these seeds and they are cheap so whether it is "good" or not is inevitably gonna be down to the the grower the coffeeshop uses and how it's cured. this is why it's good in grey area and hunter's but might me crap elsewhere. but they're all based on bigbuddha seeds which (though they can produce a lovely smoke) ain't actually cheese for the reasons i've explained. subsequently loads of people have used these BBC seeds to produce their own "cheese" seeds.

sorry to go on and on and fuckin' on. i did say in my initial question it was a tired subject but just thought that bit of history night be of interest to other tokers. as it goes i'm smoking some BBC right now and i'm in the UK and it's fuckin' lovely so it can be excellent - just different and NOT real cheese. so fuck it! cheese debate over.

ANYDAY.
Posted: 2008-04-03, 1:27 pm

Tranquilised
I tried that original cheese from Homegrown Fantasy a few years beck and it was one of my top 3 'Dam weeds of all time for strength/taste/aroma (truly cheesy!) but tried it on my last trip in December and it was truly not the same.

The same thing happened with MK Ultra from Amnesia in 2004 which almost put me on the floor but last year from Hunter's it just wasn't the same.

The NL5XHaze from Greenhouse which was one of the first hydros I smoked when it won the HTCC also seems to have gone downhill over the years, or is my tolerance just increasing?

Through all this I finally learned that a name is largely irrelevant!
Posted: 2008-04-03, 7:32 pm

paniked Power Kat
Tranquilised,

welcome! yes, these strains lose can their potency over time if not properly maintained...or they're volatile and unstable, meaning results are inconsistent. that one supremo crop might have been the exception, not the norm.

Quote:
Through all this I finally learned that a name is largely irrelevant!

especially when there are no guarantees that's what being sold is actually what it is.

-paniked

Posted: 2008-04-04, 6:15 pm

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
mr p - with 1 july approaching what's the situation on the ground with regards screens/ shelters being put up? anyone started doing this yet or you heard plans?

cheers,
ANYDAY.
Posted: 2008-04-04, 8:08 pm

RickGA420
Hey Anyday man, you talkin about the smoking ban? They just going to make all joints pure or just sell plain weed no tobacco. For me that's a good thing but I feel for the people that do enjoy it in their spliffs.

For anyone in town up for one of the chillest indicas: Buddha's Sister that Soma made at Hunter's - for me the high is right on par with the G13xAmnesia but instead of hashy goodness it's very fruity with a smoothe, candy after-taste as you watch the world go by
Re: the smoking ban 1 July
Posted: 2008-04-04, 9:03 pm

paniked Power Kat
anyday,

not really sure what's going to happen on 1 July -- I haven't seen any evidence of partitions or screens going in. I get the feeling some people may just try to ignore it...or see what happens when they're forced to act.

I haven't heard anything about allowing only "pure" smoking...I mean, don't tell me we're going to have cops inspecting the contents of joints! er, wait...we just might.

-paniked

Posted: 2008-04-04, 9:06 pm

paniked Power Kat
Week 13
Blueberry Haze - The Noon, €10/gr
Mexican Haze - Dampkring, €12.50/gr
OG Hindu Kush - Grey Area, €13.50/gr
Pink Kush - Grey Area, €12.50/gr
Lemon Skunk - Grey Area, €12.50/gr

Blueberry Haze is back to being sweet and very nice again; no G13 x Amnesia Haze at Dampkring/Tweede Kamer this week. the Mexican Haze is OK, I need to try it some more, but I'm typically disappointed by variations of this strain for some reason, maybe I like something that hits a bit harder and fuller. I find the Mexican tends to be very clear but "thin" high...probably good for day time and being more functional.

I think I posted before, but OG Hindu Kush reminds me so much of weed that I'm used to smoking back in the States: skunky and funky, not sweet. not as nicely manicured as usual for the Grey Area, still some fan leaves intact, but I don't mind if it helps to protect the buds. the smell isn't overpowering in the bag, but it's distinct and stronger when ground up: sweet orange, spice, wood, hashy and musty, oily...it's got all sorts really. a nice stony and spacy high as well.

Pink Kush comes from Reeferman apparently...it's also very Kush-y in that complex, funky taste. and it looks a bit pink-ish...very nice taste and smoke, strong and stony.

Weed(s) of the Week
OG Hindu Kush - Grey Area
Blueberry Haze - The Noon

-paniked

Last edited by paniked on 2008-04-07, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Week 13
Posted: 2008-04-05, 4:06 pm

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
i'd luv it if the shops really could just ignore it and i'd be happy to do so myself but i fear something WILL be forced. we'll soon see anyway and i think i'll come over myself to celebrate the changeover day with a big fat spliff and see what happens.

that grey area selection looks absolutely delicious this week p. i look forward to your reports. is OG hindu kush a dna production? i've tried OG kush from canada and loved it -fantastic smoke -but like the cheese its a clone-only lady. have the dna boys crossed this with hindu kush? much more importantly - how's it hit, fella?

regards.

ANYDAY.
Posted: 2008-04-06, 9:22 pm

PARAQUAT
Hi All,

Has anyone seen the Hawaiian Snow around at all. It was a big seller a couple years ago and ever time I have been over it has never been in stock. I haven't heard it mentioned in ages and I am starting to think I will never taste this elusive strain. Also, does anyone know if The Nes stayed with buds or beers. I will be there in two weeks and will be writing an extensive bud report. Thanks everyone.

I just placed a meet-up in the calendar if anyone wants to get together for a fatty.

Peace,
PARAQUAT
Posted: 2008-04-06, 11:15 pm

paniked Power Kat
Hawaiian Snow is around, I think it's €11/gr...had a little taste recently and it's OK, but nothing at all like it was a few years ago when it first came out. that shit was out of this world.

Nes is a bar but you can smoke, for better or worse not a coffeeshop any more. I definitely had some really good and really interesting stuff there, but also had a lot of mediocre crap.

-paniked

Posted: 2008-04-07, 12:16 pm

Thepacifist
I'll be there tomorrow :D

First purchase will be a gram of OG Hindu Kush, gram of Chocolope, gram of Mothers Finest haze. If they have the Hindu or Choc in stock. I'll improvise if necessary. I think i'll get really baked after smoking a bong and then fail some more times trying to roll a joint. I'm gettin closer tho, practise tomorrow.

Posted: 2008-04-07, 9:40 pm

freakpa
Now this guy above - this guy is a man with a plan. He knows what he wants, how he's going to get it, and he's probably up late nights with a rolling board, shredded newspapers, and some crushed up Frosties running drills.

That is a man to respect. Go forth and conquer!

As for the Hawaiian, picked some up about a month ago for 11 euros I think. Not that good. I'd say you missed it but there's still Chocolope...
Posted: 2008-04-08, 12:10 am

RickGA420
Sogouda alert - Bluebird - I called them too just a second ago and it was in stock :D
Posted: 2008-04-08, 5:58 pm

PARAQUAT
Paniked,

Thanks for the info on the Hawaiian Snow. I guess the first choice will be the Chocolope if it is in stock when I arrive. The Nes always had a nice feel to it. I agree the buds were sometimes good and others not so good but the staff was helpful and the crowd it attracted was pretty laid back.

Peace,
PARAQUAT
Posted: 2008-04-11, 1:13 am

RickGA420
Bluebird's as good I've seen since November. Soguada is like the somaui but with a fruity kick, not much cheese cause it not needed it's really tasty. Bubba Kush too also excellent especially the cure. Both only 12.50 for 1.5g
Posted: 2008-04-11, 9:55 am

paniked Power Kat
Quote:
Soguada is like the somaui but with a fruity kick, not much cheese cause it not needed it's really tasty.

Thanks for the updates, Rick -- because I can't be everywhere at once ;)

y'know, I find the Soma strains to be very balanced, usually quite flavourful and never a knock out -- in some ways this is good: you can keep on smoking and keep on enjoying. in some ways, that's sort of the point...unless you want something that's one hit and nighty-night :)

-paniked

Posted: 2008-04-12, 12:20 am

Thepacifist
I especially enjoyed the OG Hindu Kush, Chocolope, Grey haze and Mothers Finest haze, i thought the sour D was lacking a bit. A big pure joint of white dolphin was pretty good i thought.

Posted: 2008-04-12, 2:06 am

simon_the_byron
You got the Mothers Finest Haze from Grey Area right? The best gram I've ever smoked was Mothers Finest that I got from Tweede Kamer in November 06 and I just want to know if what you smoked is the same or at least similar. When I had it, it had a completely unique, reminiscent of tropical fruity kind of a taste, but not something you could put your finger on. Blew me and my mates away just how strange but lovely this specimen was. The high was incredible, had us laughing out loud for no particular reason, philosophizing if I remember correctly about whether gravity was optional and it was possible to decide to just float in the air if you believed it enough..

Looking to get back to Dam during the May holidays and I need that Mothers Finest in my life, cheers..
Week 14
Posted: 2008-04-12, 11:32 am

paniked Power Kat
Week 14
Sogouda - Bluebird, €12,50 1.5gr
Bubba Kush - Bluebird, €12,50 1.5gr
Strawberry Haze - Greenhouse Tolstraat, €14/gr
Buddha's Sister - Hunter's, €12/gr
Mother's Finest Haze - Grey Area, €11,50/gr
Big Buddha's Blue Cheese - Grey Area, €13,50/gr

on the recommendation of RickGA420 (are you living here?) I stopped by Bluebird for the first time in a while to check on this Sogouda -- I suppose this strain's name is supposed to carry an Anglicized pronounciation, as in it's "so-gude-a"; of course the Dutch pronounciation would be "so-khowda". What's in a name anyway? First, I don't detect Cheese at all here -- it does a have fruity flavour to it, but it's a fresh, sweet and citrusy one, not sometimes the ripe, rank fruit smell of Amsterdam Cheese's. I suspect that Soma's crossed a Cheese with some of his other favourite hybrids. I must admit that it does have a full flavour and that I was high as hell after smoking the first joint -- high to the point I had to comment on it to someone else, and that's not usually necessary.

Bubba Kush I wasn't so excited about -- not as flavourful as the Bubble Kush that Hunter's/The Coin were rockin' a while back. And nowhere in league with Pink Kush or OG Hindu Kush over at Grey Area.

I hadn't been in the Greenhouse in ages but decided to stop in as we walked back from the Taco Shop with alelover45 -- I thought I'd try the Strawberry Haze again. Ugh, what a waste. Now, this was never a strong knockout or even that trippy, but it had a really nice flavour. This batch had nothing in any department. Really weak I thought.

Buddha's Sister from Hunter's/The Coin is another well-known Soma strain, and this is a lovely crop -- tight compact buds that are just glistening and with a great smell and taste. But, wow, this stuff is strong...like I-need-a-nap-all-of-a-sudden strong. Careful when you choose to smoke this one :)

Finally, back to the Grey Area -- I saw the discussion about Mother's Finest Haze, and having enjoyed it in the past myself, I thought to try it again. And it was looking particularly lovely: nice light green and burnt orange, with a typically hazy smell. It's got a bit of sweetness to it and a nice, clear high. Not too strong, imo.

And the Cheese was also looking lovely and I hadn't smoked it in a while. I must say -- and I got some strange looks in the Grey Area when I mentioned -- I'm actually not wild about the taste of Cheese in general. Call it blasphemy, call me crazy...

Weed of the Week
Sogouda - Bluebird
Mother's Finest Haze - Grey Area

OG Hindu Kush - Grey Area
(yeah, it was from last week, but still topping out the stash ;)

-paniked

ps: I should give a bit (or even a lot!) more credit to the Mexican Haze from Dampkring as well -- most "Mexican" hazes have that thin, spicy taste, but this one had a thicker, kind of fruity taste to go with a clear, strong high. Not your run-of-the-mill Mexican Haze...and definitely not your father's Mexican ditchweed!

Last edited by paniked on 2008-04-16, 8:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Posted: 2008-04-12, 11:22 pm

Thepacifist
The first time i tried Mothers Finest was from Ummagumma when it was still around. I liked it so much Mothers Finest is my x box live gamer tag, though no one knows what it is lol. The gram from grey area was amazing, it has that unique smell, looks beautiful. I took a hit and pretty much instantly felt it, i was having trippy thoughts, forgetting i was even high with the bong in my hand contemplating another hit. It's a one of a kind strain and i'm very glad i sampled it again.

[ 292 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next

Jump to: