Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 292 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Week 13
Posted: 2008-04-13, 1:50 am

simon_the_byron
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Cheers :). Sounds great, I still salivate when I think about the taste. There's so much else I need to try though, thanks in large part to these weekly weed reports. May can't come soon enough..
Posted: 2008-04-13, 5:08 pm

RickGA420
Panicked: Hope your chillin with the new Soma weed!

Chocolope, Lemon Skunk, Grey Haze, Mother's Finest - all prime at GA
a new sour dies batch sometime next week Jon says will be nicer
Posted: 2008-04-13, 7:57 pm

freakpa
You know the more I read ThePacifist's posts, the more I like this guy.

I remember the Mother's Finest from Umma Gumma. It was good - not great. I used to be of the belief that if you're going to be down that way anyway, buy at Barney's. Umma Gumma was my favourite coffeeshop due the the music and decor, but the goods were above average while a block west is Barney's superior grade.

Now Umma Gumma's a Dampkring, and not a very good one (the good strains are never here, you have to go to the main dampkring). Blue Velvet is Greenhouse. So today, you can get top shelf at any of these. But I am going to pick up some of the Mother's Finest from GA just to see how it comes out when they use their magic formula.

I am now tempted to go to popeye and try out some of their chocolate hash. Mmmmmmm chocolate.
Posted: 2008-04-16, 6:30 pm

amsterdamfats
Jon sold me some of the LA Confidential Friday afternoon at GA. He knew I was going to the Black Crowes concert that night and I asked him for something that would get me rocking! I smoked so much stuff that night I don't know if it was that particular weed or the Heinekens but I really appreciated it because it was not on the menu. I got some of the Grey Haze on Thursday and that was really good too. I love that place!!!!
Posted: 2008-04-17, 12:04 pm

RickGA420
Guys, if you are looking for the best cheese, I seem to have found it. The Green Place off of Nieuwmarket has the earlier cross from the guy who Buddha got his cut from (UK Exodus) in stock for 13 euro/g (and also the Somaui for only 10 and some other nice things - trainwreck)and you can really smell the cheese "fuel" coming off of it, as opposed to some low-odor bs. Somaui just as good as Hunter's and 2 euro cheaper I think. The Bubba Kush was pretty good in a jay I wasn't crazy about when I bong hitted it - low strength indeed. Yea that OG Hindu is definitely (Ouch! lol) too good for the more touristy coffeeshops :) I recently made some bubble hash with it muawahahahahahaha
Week 15
Posted: 2008-04-19, 11:51 am

paniked Power Kat
Week 15
OG Hindu Kush - Grey Area, €13,50/gr
Grey Haze - Grey Area, €11,50/gr
Hunter's Haze - Hunter's/The Coin, €13.50/gr
Sour Diesel - Grey Area, €13,50/gr
Black Widow - Topweazle, €11/gr

it was a bit of a busy week so not a lot of shopping, but some interesting surprises. made a couple of stops in Grey Area this week -- I'd forgotten it was 4/20 when I went by on Sunday actually, but still didn't have to wait too long. John had some nice Sour Diesel in stock -- very good, some of the nicest you'll find in Amsterdam when it comes around. And the OG Hindu Kush -- should be called the OMFG Hindu Kush ;) The flavour of this just resonates with me, an "old-school" pure taste that reminds me of the dank weeds I smoked at home in the States. A really complex mixture of fruit, spice, hash...lovely. Grey Haze is also back to being super-crystally and sticky, very strong and trippy -- lovely :)

anyway, the above paragraph might as well come from an AutoText given that the Grey Area is consistently good -- or you think I'm a sycophantic Grey Area fanboy ;) (for that, check the end of the bar for the usual faces ;)

so, last week it was Sogouda from Bluebird on RickGA420's recommendation. he, or someone else here, may have recommended Hunter's Haze as well, but I was given another tip about this. I'm not sure what exactly this is...but very nice looking nuggets with characteristic hazy wispiness (i.e. not rock-hard indica nuggets), reminded me a bit physically of the D-Line (Chocolope) when it first came out. it's got a nice combination of sweet/fruity and hazy/spicy taste and good clear high. Nice, though the generic name doesn't seem to quite do it credit.

another surprise was a stop in the Topweazle -- the shop has been completely remodeled to provide more space and you can now PIN for purchases above €10. typical "local shop" menu of White Widow's and Merry Crystal's and some outdoor stuff. but there at the top of the menu, Black Widow. again, really nice, really green buds just glistening with crystals. one joint and I was in orbit -- nicely high and pleasantly stoned. and just when I'd thought there was nothing worthwhile in the neighbourhood :)

hard to choose this week...

Weed(s) of the Week
Hunter's Haze - Hunter's/The Coin
Black Widow - Topweazle
(take your pick) - Grey Area

-paniked

Posted: 2008-04-24, 10:18 am

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
tip top reporting as usual p.

did you find out the background of the OGHK and who's produced it cos i'm very interested in that one.

topweazel sounds interesting. where is it? and while we're on neighbourhood shops - what was that one you mentioned ages ago with the vanilla skunk? is it still any good?

cheers fella.
ANYDAY.
Re: Week 15
Posted: 2008-04-27, 5:05 pm

RickGA420
I think Soma gave the good batch of Somaui to the Green Place instead of Hunter's Bar and Hunter's responded by getting better quality Hunter Haze (pure G13xSSH I believe) and BUKU (BurmeseKu)sh
Re: Week 15
Posted: 2008-04-27, 5:11 pm

RickGA420
OG Hindu is from DNA's private stock originally I will ask Jon more about it... stay tuned
Week 16
Posted: 2008-04-28, 10:24 am

paniked Power Kat
Week 16
Somaui - Hunter's/The Coin, €11.50/gr
Hunter's Haze - Hunter's/The Coin, €13.50/gr
Grey Haze - Grey Area, €11.50/gr
G13 x Hash Plant - Grey Area, €12.50/gr
Blueberry Haze - The Noon, €10/gr

Hunter's Haze, last week's winner, seems even nicer this week though I'm fairly certain this is the same batch. When the dealer opened the box for inspection, the aroma just leaps out and fills the room. And for a haze this is sometimes quite strong and heavy, but it tastes and feels great :)

The Somaui is a bit subtle and deeper, more well-rounded, as you would expect from a Soma Seeds strain. Lovely daytime smoke, or anytime smoke when you want to keep on smoking.

Blueberry Haze wasn't that available when I stopped in, so I just got a rather average gram :(

Whenever the Grey Haze is rockin' it's time to be stockin'...up, that is. At €11.50 and super-sticky and super-hazy high, this by far one of the best values around. And it was rockin' :) If, on the other hand, you prefer something a little more sedate ;) try the G13 x Hash Plant -- two legendary indicas meet, and the couch is the winner :) But along with strength, this also packs a really smooth hashy smoke.

Weed(s) of the Week
Hunter's Haze - Hunter's/The Coin
Grey Haze - Grey Area

-paniked

Last edited by paniked on 2008-05-05, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Week 16
Posted: 2008-04-28, 11:21 am

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
nice one rick.

i suspected it was a dna production but wanna know more.

cheers mate.

ANYDAY.
Posted: 2008-04-28, 6:27 pm

RickGA420
soma's amnesia haze is now at hunter's! 13/g and it's probably the best combo of sativa but hashy - verry strong and enabling but like Panicked says never overwhelming I know I'm buying a lot of this. Oh, and I'm waiting to see Aaron to ask him all about the hindu :P
Posted: 2008-04-28, 6:29 pm

RickGA420
I forgot, The Green Place now carries Grey Area actual strength chocolope at least smelled like the real deal and nice hydronuggets, for 13/g. Next time I'll try some just for fun
Posted: 2008-04-30, 7:54 pm

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
cheers man. find out if dna have tested "kushberry" anwhere and which shops if so while you're at it if you could please mate. i guess it will be grey area if they have but i've never heard mention of it and would love a smoke report on that one.

cheers,

ANYDAY.
Week 17
Posted: 2008-05-05, 11:16 am

paniked Power Kat
Week 17
Cannalope Haze - Grey Area, €12.50/gr
OG Hindu Kush - Grey Area, €13.50/gr
Blueberry Haze - Noon, €10/gr
Amnesia Haze - Hunter's/The Coin - €13.00/gr

a few catch-up notes from the past weeks:

Week 16 notes updated above.

PARAQUAT posted a nice smoking trip report Here.

Anyday - you asked about Topweazle...it's a neighbourhood-type shop in Vechtstraat in the "Rivierenbuurt", not too far from Vienna Massage, RAI, Amstel Station. Ordinary, "local shop" kind of menu, but that Black Widow was a pleasant surprise!

I don't know much more about the OG Hindu Kush, but I thought I recalled John telling me that it actually wasn't from DNA, but another source. Maybe RickGA420 can help out. I haven't seen/heard about Kushberry in any shops. Lots of the DNA strains in their catalogue I have not seen in shops, and many of them haven't been around for good long while (Sharksbreath, Martian Mean Green).

Note: Grey Area is closed today 5 May and next Monday 12 May -- nothing sinister, just staff holidays (both are also holidays in NL, though 5 May doesn't result in a day off...odd for Liberation Day ;)

---

Not too much to say about this week's Grey Area selections: OG Hindu Kush -- you've heard it before and it's the same crop or quality at least consistently. Cannalope Haze -- this crop has a very nice fruity flavour and a clear, uplifting high...not overly strong, but not weak either.

The Blueberry Haze looked and smelled really nice, tasted pretty nice too...but I still think it's a bit off the peak. Still at €10/gr it's not as painful to test out, and it's still pretty fine.

But the one shining -- or should I say 'sticky and glistening'? -- example of quality cannabis unearthed this week was the Amnesia Haze from Hunter's. This was literally difficult to pull apart, it was that sticky -- forget about 'breaking off' a piece and get ready to do some hard work with the grinder. But once you have this little jewel broken up and burning to white ash in a joint, and your mind is suddenly transported, all troubles are forgotten (pun intended ;) So good, you can't remember when you smoke it -- but you remember you want more when you're done :) This one has a nice fresh citrusy taste too -- a bit sharper than the rounded sweetness of G13 x Amnesia.

Weed of the Week
Amnesia Haze - Hunter's/The Coin

-paniked

Posted: 2008-05-05, 3:04 pm

RickGA420
Damn man... I went into town today ready to cop 10g of Amnesia (5 from Hunters 5 at The Coin) but what do I find? They are already ran out of stock. I got the last 3g at The Coin and Hunter's was already done (this was 12:30) and so I have another 3 from last week I am gonna be nursin these shits like a mofo now lol... this stuff is just insane :D
Re: Week 17
Posted: 2008-05-05, 3:05 pm

RickGA420
And yea I mean the batch is finished, not just today :(
Posted: 2008-05-05, 3:25 pm

RickGA420
I am currently smoking (instead of just Soma's Amnesia) Dampkring's Ocean Twelve Haze, Tazman Haze, John Sinclair and Amnesia Haze. I've noticed it's best to check the weeds their closely as the quality is different from day to day they have multiple batches sold at the same time. Oceans is like a more lemony grey haze though not with such a kick, tazman had lots of flavor, kinda tropical with lots of fat red hairs. John Sinclair (Reeferman Seeds) was really good, more powerful than the Mother's Finest, and more flavorful. Amnesia Haze was very good too, not sure how much I like it but the high is there and flavor is pretty much ok
Posted: 2008-05-06, 5:45 pm

PARAQUAT
Hi Paniked,

It is an honor to have you place a link to my report. I am sorry we missed each other, where does the time go when in Amsterdam. Next time we must hook up.

I was speaking to the guys over at DNA and they said the OG Hindu Kush at GA is not their strain. They shared some very interesting information on where their Og Kush strain comes from and it seems they have the real deal. However I don't know anyone growing their strain in AMS. The GA strain is very good just not from DNA.

I want to add that my travels on my bike were much shorter due to the excellent reports you offer here. A great deal of what I set out to try came from reading your reports on a regular basis. One flavor I forgot to add in my report was the So Gouda at Bluebird. I think it was you that directed me there and it was more great advice.

Keep on educating us and I will return soon. If you ever make it back to the great N.W. you will have to look me up. We have some pretty special things growing over here.

Peace,
Paraquat
Posted: 2008-05-07, 2:40 pm

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
cheers for the info paniked. "kushberry" ain't even in the dna catalogue which is why i was asking. it's something i'd heard about the guys producing though and is an og kush x blueberry cross which sounds very interesting. perhaps this is the strain the dna boys were talking to PARAQUAT about?

i'm a big fan of dna strains and have managed to find all the strains in the catalogue in amsterdam though sometimes they are marketed under different names (e.g. chocoloupe = d-line). this kushberry shit seems to be a very new one though.

anyday.
 [ 292 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

Jump to: