Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 13 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hash Report
Posted: 2009-11-25, 6:20 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Forgive me for being tardy. I have meant to post this for some time, but I keep getting sidetracked. I know that there
are a few travelers in town for the cup, so this seems like a useful time to get this out.

First, a moment of silence for Mr. Paniked. I miss his reports dearly. Over a year's worth of weekly reports on great weed, written with style and wit. The cost alone must have been staggering, and the time to post it all was substantial as well. I looked forward to the reports, even when I wasn't planning a trip. Perhaps most impressive, the posts never deteriorated into "Dude, I got really stoned". Even when he got really stoned. Well done, Sir. Please come home.

Now, for something we hope you really like:

The crack staff at Stately Weasel Manor has finally sampled all the treats from this summer's travels. Hard work, but they are a dedicated lot.

Blond:

King Hassan -Greenhouse 8.70
Earthy, mineral smell and taste. Sightly sweet smoke, moderate volume. My standard hash, smoked more than any other over the years. Functional and active high, lasts 2-3 hours per bowl. Winner of best value award, superior to the King Hassan Extreme, at a lower price.

Blond Morroc-Tweede Kammer 13.00
Harder press then the Hassan, with a sweeter odor. Low volume smoke, suitable for sneaking a discreet toke. More spacey high, less condusive to activity. Flavor similar to Hassan, but more likely to lead to couch lock. Not the best sample I have had from Tweede Kammer. Several complaints from the staff that I did not get the sheherazde or any of the Rifman strains. Personally, the "organic" marketing schtick surrounding the Rifman pisses me off. How the hell else are you going to produce hash? On a commercial farm with pesticides and chemical fertilizer? Give me a break!

Golden Soles-Grey Area 13.00
Very hard nugget that resembles sucked candy. Broken apart, it is filled with sparkling crystals. High volume smoke with a very intense onset. Longest lasting high of the lot. Much giggling, almost a nitrous oxide effect. Winner of the happiest high award. Wish I had more of this.

Moroc Special-Katsu 4.00
No shit. 4E a gram for hash (when you buy the 5g/20 special). This is what my relatives like to mix into joints with tobacco. If I liked to smoke it that way, this is all I would buy. They swear that price has nothing to do with quality when it comes to hash, it is just a reflection of cost to produce. The common morrocan hash strains can be really cheap, and taste/quality is not far below the boutique strains. Dude, I got really stoned.

Dark:

Aladdin's chocolate-Popeyes 14.00
Brown/Grey and crumbly with a hint of a chocolate smell. Slightly flowery taste to the smoke. In small doses, this is a very "up" and active smoke, very useful for a walk through the wallen. Beware--overindulging does not lead to more activity. One of the staff helped himself to a second bowl, which led to a frightening display of munchies, followed by a nap! Overpriced in my humble opinion, but still a tasty and unusual smoke. Popeyes has been my favorite early breakfast stop for years (I loathe the bitchy staff at Barney's), and I have noticed the quality of the hash has really improved. Prices in general are a little high, but the same can be said for all the shops on Harlemerstraat.

Temple Balls-Hunter's 13.50
Very soft black hash, sweet smell without the perfume effect of cheap black hash. Unbelieveable volume of smoke. One big toke will easily fill a small WC, so unless you want everyone within a block to know what you are up to, don't try to sneak this in a WC! Old school, massive couch lock. Warming body rush, almost a drunk feeling. Lasts almost as long as the golden soles, best black hash I have had in years, since Bluebird started going downhill.

Nederhash/Ice hash

Crystal Clear-Katsu 22.00
My favorite hash for traveling. Maybe my favorite hash. Wafer thin sheets are easy to hide anywhere one might find adhesive. Available in 0.4g/10 or 5g/110 Almost no smell, citrus flavored smoke with huge volume. Headringing rush leads to a hyperalert feeling that lasts 30-40 minutes, while a softer stone lasts up to 2 hours. A poor man's cocaine rush, highly recommended prior to a kammer visit or FKK romp. Use over a long period, it seems to cause burnout, and can be a little hard on the lungs.

Startrek-Amnesia 25.00
An even faster hitting rush than the Crystal Clear, but just doesn't seem to last. Useful as a pick-me-up at the end of a long night, but not recommended for every day use unless you have money to burn. Sweet citrus smoke that can be a little harsh. Hard to handle unless it is kept cool.

Natural-Amnesa 40.00
OK, I know. 40 freaking euro a gram! I just had to try it. Got a nifty free lighter as a bonus! What can I say. This is your hash pipe on crack. Massive headrush, dizziness and ear ringing. Wild thoughts. Over in 20 minutes, then you want more. Very harsh smoke. Impossible to peel out of the bag witout making a mess.

So there it is. I really do miss the weed thread, and can only dream of a hash thread. BigBen, if you are out there, thanks for everything. Dogs, I think you had a hand in this too. I'll be back in February, and will be restocking as usual. If anyone sees a hash that stands out, please let me know.

Weasel

Posted: 2009-11-26, 1:33 am

deadheadSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Now this is my kind of report. Wish I had stuck to the hash when I was over there. Although grass in a vaporizer is quite good (in my extremely limited experience. Tried one bag full and lost half of it), you can't carry a vaporizer around with you.

Don't know the names but I was not impressed with the dark hash at either 420 or Resin. Didn't even see anything of interest at Dampkring to even try.

I wanted to try the ice hash but spent all of my money on girls (go figure). Next trip less girls and more hash.

Thanks for the report.

P.S. Found half a joint in my torn jacket pocket which I accidentally smuggled back to the US. A pre-thanksgiving toke perhaps.
Re: Hash Report
Posted: 2009-11-26, 2:05 am

jgramos Moderator
Au contraire deadhead, you can carry a vaporizer with you at all times:

http://www.weedmania.co.uk/the-handheld-vaporizer.php

;-)

Peace

Posted: 2009-11-26, 7:04 am

deadheadSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Seems to be a UK thing. Can't find one for sale in the states. They do have portable ones but since I can't really bring it back, I don't want to spend a lot of money just to throw it out.

Also, it looks like it requires a fair degree of coordination to use and might be difficult to use outside (not to mention pretty conspicuous). I discovered after the 1st joint/bowl, I seem to lose most of that (along with any sense of direction I possess).

Guess, I'll stick with smoking grass in vaporizers in the coffeeshops and tobacco/hash joints at the hotel/on the street. Before I leave, I'm also going to a) practice rolling (seem to have lost my skill) and b) bring my own papers. I hate the free ones they give you. Too long and thin for me.
Posted: 2009-11-26, 1:11 pm

jgramos Moderator
You're probably right deadhead! lol!!!

The only reason I knew about it was when you mentioned a portable vaporiser, I remembered receiving an email from a head shop advertising it, so checked it out. It basically looks like a cheap UK portable version of the "proper" vaporisers that you'd get in a coffeeshop. They say it's portable, but in all honesty, it's not the sort of thing you'd want to carry around in your pocket in De Wallen. Just thought it was worth showing you what's on the market, and I do know there's proper portable ones availible in Amsterdam which are far smaller than that, not made of glass, and more reasonable to carry around with you, just can't get any pics/details of them at the moment!

Peace

Posted: 2009-11-26, 3:28 pm

block
Excellent report...thanks for sharing!!

Miles Davis
Posted: 2009-11-30, 11:08 pm

alelover45Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Very good report...I like the detailed comments.

I too enjoyed the Temple Ball from Hunters...
Reminds me of the"balls" my friend brought back from Nepal in his surfboard back in '79.

For fans of "old school" style hash..visit Siberie...They have one called Sahara that has a rich and smooth exhale. 8.50e per gram...a nice deal...got a break on a 3.2 gram chunk from the budtender.
Siberie is a nice neighborhood shop.

I think it would be great to have an ongoing thread that keeps us up to date on the available hash around the city.

cheers all,
-ale

Posted: 2009-12-01, 3:58 am

Supporting Member
Alelover,
I love Sibarie. You almost never see posts on the shop. Really comfortable neighborhood shop with the odd artist hawking lamps/prints/chairs. The only time I got stoned to the point of passing out was on the hawaian haze they had a few years back. I am not a lightweight! Hell of a smoke.
I never had the hash there. I will make a point of stopping in next trip.

Weasel

Posted: 2009-12-02, 12:57 am

smuler Power Kat
Forgive me for being tardy too...

A past highlight for me, was always opening up the forum, and seeing a new report from Paniked.

Such quality reporting will certainly be missed by I, as well......

Weasel- I always look forward to any hash report from you, as I share your love for good hash ...

With Harvey's recent mention of Club Media, and with Katsu being so close, I really will have to check this Crystal Clear out...

I will be thinking of you Weasel , as I "conduct the interview " in the huts of GT

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2009-12-02, 6:33 am

Supporting Member
Smuler,

"say hello to my little friends"
I'm sure Wim can point out Lisa for you, but to be honest, she is pretty obvious.
Hope you get a chance to spend time smoking and with joking Jacki. It is hard to go back to Amsterdam after a long relaxing day in Bruggen. Any plans to try Babylon/Bernds? They are the next step up the pleasure ladder, once you have mastered GT!
I'm jealous, but I will make up for it in February.

Weasel

Posted: 2009-12-02, 1:42 pm

smuler Power Kat
Hi Weasel

Lisa is on my list..Even though she doesn't do the full menu card, I might go with a 50, just to say I test drove her...

Please describe Jacki for me in a PM ( Who knows if she's even there anymore )....

I'm only in country for 1 afternoon, so GT will have to do

You'll get my report when I am back....

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2009-12-05, 7:30 pm

Harvey WallenbangerSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Great report Weasel. It's good to hear about the various hashes available and their particular effects. Alelover is again right on with the Siberie tip, it is a good off the beaten path coffeeshop.

Smuler, you are obligated to do a weed and hash report as well as a kamer/FKK report! Don't go into Club Media expecting much else than a chilled (and mostly empty) coffeeshop with nice bio-weed available. I did not look at their hashes while I was there, maybe you can report back on that too? Enjoy your trip!

HW
Posted: 2009-12-06, 9:44 pm

Assspazz
Awesome rapportin' there, Weasel. Tried Golden Soles.. wow. Much appreciated, mate.
 [ 13 posts ] 

Jump to: