Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 397 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
the ignatz weekly weed report 2006-2007
Posted: 2006-10-20, 2:50 pm

paniked Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Week 42

PP - Greenhouse, Tolstraat
Mellow Berry - Mellow Yellow, Vijzelstraat
Mango Haze - Mellow Yellow
White Russian - Het Ballonnetje, Roeterstraat

Mellow Yellow and Noon are now under same ownership so the Mellow Berry is just another name for Blueberry. BUT what I got must have been a different crop than the last Blueberry I had from the Noon because the Mellow Berry blew it away. I don't know what to read into that exactly, but subjectively there seemed to be a significant difference. I smoked some of the MB at the Hemp Hotel bar and it illicited several inquiries "what are you smoking!?"

the Mango Haze is OK, but nothing extraordinary on this occasion.

I finally went out to Het Ballonnetje on the Roeterstraat across from the Universiteit van Amsterdam. a very nice little shop, with good prices and a decent menu (NLX, Santa Maria, White Russian -- no Jack Herer at the moment). the White Russian is cross between AK-47 and White Widow so it gives a lot of nice both sativa and indica effects -- very tasty, pleasant smoke and good value at 7 Euros/gram.

just a quick word on the PP from the Greenhouse -- well, it's OK, but nothing special. why did buy it then? well, they didn't have anything else -- ongelooflijk! I asked first for the Sweet Widow, but it was all out. what about the Diesel? all gone too. what about the Kali Mist then? only dregs. I don't think they even had any of the Arjan's Haze [insert number here]. pretty piss poor if you ask me, rather puts me off the Greenhouse (until the Snow comes back -- but almost wish someone else would grow and stock it!)

I am planning to stop in the Grey Area this afternoon and possibly visit De Republiek for the first time. Look forward to updates here from the weekend.

cheers,
-paniked

Last edited by paniked on 2008-01-04, 8:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Re: paniked's weekly weed report
Posted: 2006-10-20, 3:39 pm

freakpa
So PP stands for Piss Poor and not Power Plant? ;)
Posted: 2006-10-20, 3:51 pm

withnail Power Kat
i believe im right in saying that PP isnt power plant, it is a different strain. maybe somebody else can confirm. i remember thinking that was the case myself for a long time until it was pointed out to me by a coffee shop owner.

for what its worth the PP from millennium coffee shop is delicious.

i still think the nicest thing mr.paniked has in his armoury right now is that buddhas sister from barneys. every time i smoke it i like it more.

doog!

withnail
Posted: 2006-10-20, 5:05 pm

hizbashi
Paniked, the greyberry and sour cream I got from the Grey Area yesterday are very nice. I really like their greyberry. May I also suggest a duck into Amnesia to inquire if they have pure pre-rolls of Hundu Kush shake. A nice diversion at 6 euro per joint. They had them yesterday still.
Posted: 2006-10-20, 5:34 pm

freakpa
I have spoken with many people in the know - and they all have told me that a giant chunk of what all the shops sell is powerplant under various names. So you could buy powerplant at two different prices from the same place, and the difference could be nil or maybe a different grower.

Apparently, powerplant is one of the easiest plants to grow so it makes sense to the commercial grower. And you know that the strength and quality of the same strain can be night and day depending on the farm.
Posted: 2006-10-21, 11:02 am

PlayItAgainSamSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Nice report. Hopefully soon, a trip will materialize to sample the latest...
Week 42: Weekend Edition
Posted: 2006-10-23, 2:02 pm

paniked Power Kat
This weekend's purchases were:

Bubblegum - Coffeeshop Bronx, Marnixstraat

fwiw, folks on Channels were raving about this place -- didn't seem anything special to me, the gear is OK, but it's a small neighbourhood shop so it could be that they occasionally have some gems. pricing in accordance with typical neighbourhood shops, 5-6E/gram

Sour Cream - Grey Area
Special K - Grey Area

really wanted to try the Grey Diesel but John showed me the rather small buds and steered me towards the Sour Cream and the Special K, I think it was 12E/gram for Sour Cream and 10 for Special K. Sour Cream is lovely without a doubt; I'm not sold on the Special K but I only got one gram and perhaps it isn't entirely representative.

Red Diesel - Amnesia
NYCD - Amnesia

again, just wanted to sample the Diesels a bit more widely to see what's what. NYCD is very nice (on the 'connoisseur' list); Red Diesel seemed OK, but not strong enough for my liking :)

Sour Diesel (or Diesel Sour) - Anyday

wow, delicious smell and flavour, great high. a bit dear at 10,20/gram but very, very nice -- much like the version I had in Colorado last year.

Sweet Tooth - Barney's Lounge, Reguliersgracht

very nice stuff from Barney's Lounge once again, and very friendly dealer once again. as is my new custom, if I see a nice bud in the box, I just ask to buy it straight up -- otherwise a dealer might break it up or give you a couple of smaller bits.

Jack Herer - Stix

pretty nice, not super-strong, but balanced as this strain should be. will need to make a more objective sampling of this ;)

Weed of the Weekend
Sour Diesel - Anyday

-paniked

Last edited by paniked on 2006-11-06, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Week 43
Posted: 2006-10-27, 12:50 pm

paniked Power Kat
Week 43

Cherry Bomb - Barney's, Reguliersgracht
Buddha's Sister - Barney's Reguliersgracht
KC Brains Select - Tweede Kamer/Dampkring

purchases this week were somewhat curtailed by the fact that I didn't much more weed! that and a trip across the border to GT (see Other Cities: World).

the Buddha's Sister needs no further explanation: it's excellent and if the crop is good it has to be in the stash. 10E/gram at Barney's.

I thought I would try another indica from Barney's, the Cherry Bomb. very nice, pretty mild. strengthwise seems a bit on par with Blueberry to me. nice smoke and a little bit cheaper than the Buddha's Sister.

KC Brains Select comes from KC Seeds out of Gorinchem in the east, so it doesn't seem so common to see these strains in Amsterdam shops even though they are winners of prestigious weed cups in Holland (High Life [not to be confused with High Times Cannabis Cup], Doordse Wiet Cup). I couldn't detect too much flavour but, wow, this stuff makes you very stoned in a very nice way. After a busy day when you feel the need to downshift, this stuff seems right on. Tweede Kamer only had little popcorn nugs and dregs, so I'd be keen to get a hold of this stuff with some bigger nugs.

Weed of the Week
KC Brains Select - Tweede Kamer/Dampkring

cheers,
-paniked

Last edited by paniked on 2006-11-06, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2006-10-27, 1:21 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-10-27, 4:10 pm

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Paniked, do you ever try hash?
Do you know of any popular hash around town?
Posted: 2006-10-27, 6:27 pm

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
The Power Plant I got from Siberie two weeks ago was very nice.
Posted: 2006-10-28, 3:14 pm

seeker
Greetings
Thank you for the consistantly good reporting.
I have greater interest in hash since I get plenty of good weed.
I've been searching the boards but not finding alot of info lately.
I will be in town for most of November.
Any reports would be welcome.

Thanks again
Posted: 2006-10-28, 4:09 pm

soylent Power Kat
I can't comment on what's kicking ass at this very moment, but I will say that generally the ice-o-later hashes are the strongest. Some of my faves over the years has been the Moonshine as well as the Waterworks from Dampkring. Also, the Royal Creme from the Old Church coffeeshop. It's not the strongest but an absolute party on the palette. I'm not just looking to be knocked on my ass from hash. I like to appreciate the taste and the way it burns.

Here's a link:

http://www.smokersguide.com/sg/index.html

They have some excellent, up to date info on Adam hash and weed.
Posted: 2006-10-30, 12:34 pm

paniked Power Kat
Week 43: The Weekend Edition

Super Haze - Eerste Hulp, Marnixstraat
Stonehedge - Grey Area
Canna Sutra - Nes Cafe
Hash Plant Haze - Nes Cafe

wanted to pick up some White Widow or K2 from Millenium but when we arrived there was no weed -- what, trying to imitate the Greenhouse!?

so we headed over to Eerste Hulp on Marnixstraat -- Eerste Hulp is Dutch for 'First Aid' and the theme is reflected on the menu with the house strain, Intensive Care, a Widow-like variety. I picked up some Super Haze, which isn't what the name says it is (at least as in comparison to Super Haze that I had at Katsu which was one of the best weeds I've ever smoked). But it is very nice, slightly Diesel-y, very up and active buzz, and very nice buds on one large nugget. The shop is really nice and comfortable, a great chillout spot if it's not crowded. Highly recommended, will be heading back.

stopped in the Grey Area on the way back into town and picked up some Stonehedge. wow, this has a funky flavour and is super-stony without being incapacitating. seemed different than when I'd had it and reviewed a couple years ago, but I would definitely get this again.

wanted to check out more of the Nes Cafe's exotic menu and I must say I'm still on the fence -- these strains will need to be smoked under more controlled conditions :) I tried the HP Haze first thing yesterday and it seemed to offer a really crazy high that was tempered a bit by the Hash Plant influence.

Weed of the Weekend
Super Haze - Eerste Hulp

on account of the shop, the menu and this particular gear, whatever it may be exactly even if it isn't a Super Haze.

Honourable Mention:
Stonehedge - Grey Area
Cherry Bomb, Buddha's Sister - Barney's (purchased last week and still some of the best in the stash)

-paniked

Posted: 2006-10-31, 1:39 pm

paniked Power Kat
personally, I don't smoke a lot of hash so I don't do much research on it. also one cannot always be sure what else is in the hash you are smoking. if I do smoke hash, it's Iceolator (or Bubbleator) hash or similar pure and potent varieties.

maybe someone else fancies doing a weekly hash report :)

-paniked

Posted: 2006-10-31, 7:03 pm

THE SOAPMAN
Have been reading over some older posts regarding smoking issues.
Wish to add a few personal comments.
Thought about starting a new thread, but I think it is ok appended to this weed report.

1.Joint science
I smoked for years and never fully appreciated “how” it works until I took the time to study the vaporizer. No one ever got high from “smoke”. Full combustion results in CO2 and H20. Partial combustion results in a mulitude of compounds with no beneficial value. A joint is actually a vaporizer device. The burning portion acts as the heat source and very little “buzz” comes from this zone. As the heat is drawn across the non-burning portion, vaporization occurs, and THIS is where the payoff comes from. As the zone directly behind the “cherry” is vaporized, it will be the next section burned, and the zone behind it will be the next section vaporized. Burning is only necessary as a source of heat. I have seen crude vaporizers made from a tea strainer, a candle and a straw. Hats off to Eagle Bill, who turned me on to vaportechnology. GRHS.

2.Mixed joints
As each one has their own preferences, I do not pass judgment, however I do prefer pure. I once had a Netherlander explain to me their take on this. “Americans smoke pure because they do not have the leisure to smoke it mixed.” This may be true, because of the clandestine nature of American consumption, we tend to roll ‘em, smoke ‘em, and then put it away. While the dutch may be in no hurry to consume and spread it out over several smokes combined with tobacco. I tend to be more tolerant of cigarette smoke when in A’dam. I suspect that it may be the nature of the Dutch tobacco. American cigarettes are full of additives, which aid in processing and even-burning, etc. Just like the food we get, it is full of crap. If I were to roll mixed joints, I would prefer an organic tobacco. Or better yet, there are Native American blends which contain mullein, etc, and are quite kind to the lungs. In light of the science discussed in section 1 above, a pure joint can be rolled with cannabis comprising the middle 60%, dividing it so that the tobacco is concentrated at the ends (the lit end and the roach). Burn the tobacco at the lit end to vaporize the middle, and then toss it out when you get to the roach.

3.Badly cured product
I think that there are several factors at play here, foremost being the humidity in Holland. Even dry herb will become moist if left out on a rainy day. So whether it is a rush to get product into the shops, or the “benefit” (to the coffeeshop) of wet herb weighing more, or just humidity in the environment, we all have had that joint that just wouldn’t stay lit. Here’s my solution. When I pack for the trip, I bring along a plastic jar (glass might break in luggage) and a box of powdered milk. Fill the jar halfway with the powdered milk and put a paper towel or tissue on top of the dry milk. Place the product in the jar and close the lid. You now have a crude
“de-humidor” as the dry milk will attract the moisture from the herb. In a day or so, things will be just right. Meanwhile, I have found that Blue Velvet tends to cure things a bit drier than at other shops.

Hope this has been helpful.
Adios.
Posted: 2006-11-01, 3:48 pm

420 Power Kat
Hoi Paniked

Looking for some help with two different strains. Let me know if you find Sour Diesel or H. Snow. I am a big fan of these two smokes and would like to locate some while in town.
Last year, Greenhouse Centrum was sold out within two days after the C.Cup started.

Regards,

Posted: 2006-11-01, 7:14 pm

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Soapman,
I tip my hat, sir! Such imaginative and crisp advice is all too rare.

I last saw Hawaiian Snow at Greenhouse Centrum, but it never lasts long. Sour Deisel was at Katsu and *420*

Posted: 2006-11-03, 2:34 pm

paniked Power Kat

I posted about Sour Diesel a week or two ago -- it's in at Anyday.

as far as Hawaiian Snow goes, it has not shown up on the Greenhouse menu since I have been in town. and on that note, as good as their product can be, FUCK THE GREENHOUSE! I have just decided that I'd rather not support Arjan, King of Cannabis.

-paniked

Posted: 2006-11-03, 2:46 pm

paniked Power Kat
Week 44

I didn't make so many purchases this week because I still had a large stash to get through...but now that that's gone ;)

Amnesia Haze - Barney's, Reguliersgracht
Buddha's Sister - Barney's

Weed of the Week
Amnesia Haze - Barney's

this shit is probably the best sativa weed I've smoked since I've been in Amsterdam. when we went in the friendly Irish dealer pointed out that it was a brand new, killer crop -- close inspection of the box seemed to back up this assertion. while I only wanted 1 gram originally, there was one long lanky sativa bud that I asked to be put on the scale -- it was 2.6 grams so I bit the bullet and topped it up to 3 to benefit from the "discounted" price of 12E/gr (I'm still on vacation technically ;) and I'm conscious that I've just slagged off the Greenhouse and Arjan for his imperial tendencies -- Barney's could certainly be accused of same, but at least (most of) their employees aren't total dickheads. the chaps at the Reguliersgracht shop *always* take the time to show and discuss the product and there's no ill will if you pass on something.

Back to the Amnesia Haze...after a evening of smoking the rest of my stash, mostly indicas at this point, I was completely thrown for a loop by the Amnesia Haze. normally at this point another joint wouldn't do much for me, but this cut right through the fog in my head -- very trippy high, very cerebral and spacy. I said to withnail, "I feel a bit 'fisheyed', like my eyes are on the side of head". to which he replied, "yeah, that's about right."

Also picked up more of the Buddha's Sister -- don't think I need to say more about it -- because it was the last of the crop. The dealer pointed out that it was already off the menu on Harlemmerstraat.

-paniked

Last edited by paniked on 2006-11-06, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 [ 397 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

Jump to: