Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
which ibis near fkk palace?or any other hotel to suggest?
Posted: 2006-03-21, 6:17 pm

iloveamsterdam
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
which ibis near fkk palace?or any other hotel to suggest?
getting planned for the big adventure!!
Re: which ibis near fkk palace?or any other hotel to suggest
Posted: 2006-03-21, 10:37 pm

blondofil
These 2 hotels are the closest to fkk palace

Ibis Frankfurt West
Breitenbachstrasse 7
60487 FRANKFURT
(+49)69/247070
(+49)69/24707132

Express By Holiday Inn
FRANKFURT-MESSE
Gutleutstrasse 296
FRANKFURT, 60327
Tel.: 49-69-506960
Fax: 49-69-50696100
Posted: 2006-03-22, 1:18 am

chivaz
Hi blondofil,

Gutleutstrasse runs paralell to the river across from Niederrad and I am pretty sure it is at least 5-10 km from Palace so the Express by Holiday Inn can hardly be close to Palace although I have never stayed or seen this hotel myself. Is it possible you are mixing it with some other hotel?

Chivaz
Posted: 2006-03-22, 1:29 am

chivaz
some addition:

Tried this search thing on www.hotel.de where you can enter address and it will show the hotels next to it. The closest ones were:

Flemings Hotel Frankfurt-Neue Börse (4*), 100 meters (never heard of this hotel)
Ibis Hotel Frankfurt West (2*) 630 meters
Hotel Aurelia (2*) 1.320 meters

there are 10 others within 2 km from Palace which by most standards should be a walking distance.

Chivaz

few minutes later: Was curious about this hotel 100 meters from Palace and entered the address of it as well as the address of Palace on Map24.com. Damn, it seems to be almost the same place although different address. The hotel address is Elbinger Straße 1-3. Anyone know about this hotel?

Chivaz (again)

...and then 3 minutes later: looked a bit more into it, and it is quite close although not the same place. Direction from Palace:
You start at Königsberger Straße in Frankfurt am Main and head towards Elbinger Straße for 5 yd.
Leave Königsberger Straße and turn left into Elbinger Straße. Stay on for 136 yd. and you have arrived at your destination

So I guess you can be pretty worn out and still make it back to the hotel ;-)
Posted: 2006-03-22, 4:10 am

EasyE
Blondo notes the nearest Ibis Hotel. I stayed there in December and found it to be very nice. And it's a very short walk back at 4:00am.
Posted: 2006-03-23, 11:46 am

DedalusPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Hey Chivaz,

Flemings is a chain. I stayed at one in Munich once and, while not the Ritz, it was pretty classy. I did not know that there was one at Neue-Börse.

http://www.flemings-hotels.com/

How were the rates on hotels.de for that weekend that we are looking at?

Cheers,

Dedalus

Last edited by Dedalus on 2006-03-24, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2006-03-23, 10:07 pm

chivaz
Hi Ded,

I just figured out why we did not know of this hotel. It just opened in March 2006.

The rates for the weekend in question is 55 euros excluding breakfast (which comes as a 14e extra). But note that it is for a double room (seems like they do not have single). It is a tad higher than the Excelsior, but that comes with breakfast and the free minibar.

Then again, you can always start the day with breakfast at Palace, perhaps do a round if there is something one fancies, get a return ticket, later make a run for Oase or World, then on the way back to the hotel, put the return ticket to good use and make a late night stop at Palace for a nightcap. Whoha.

You feel like putting up base camp there?

From description seems like they have couple of decent restaurants as well.

I can see the scenario when checking in: "huh, double room, ok I'll take a double for me and my uhh...wife....name...uhh, we'll see about that, depends what I can drag out 136 meters from here".

Chivaz
Posted: 2006-03-24, 5:42 am

DedalusPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Hey Man,

It is a thought... I like the Excelsior but I may be up for a change just once. Plus I am a little tired of hunting for a "close to the bahnhof" parking space after a long, hard night of clubbin'. On the other hand, aside from Palace there is not so much to do in the Neue-Börse area. I like the idea of the "kostenfreien Internetzugang via Wireless LAN in allen Zimmern". I may consider it.

Cheers,

Dedalus
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: