Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Eurolights map problems due to new Google maps
Posted: 2014-11-22, 4:29 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Some may know that Google has changed their mapping interface and features, and with that public maps are being force-moved into the new system.

My "Eurolights" map linked below has been so moved, and with that some problems have been introduced.

(1) The full information for each city/location no longer appears in the column to the right. You have to click on the city and open the bubble. The big downside here is that you no longer can just scroll and read through the cities...you have to click, click, click to read them.

(2) Any links (urls) in the information bubble is now shown in full. This makes the bubbles quite ugly. I'm not sure if/how/when this can be cleaned up.

(3) The "pegman" interface for street views is supposed to appear in the lower right, but it's just not there. There have been other street view problems in previous releases, perhaps this is just another one. I'll keep an eye on it and try and get it back.

Posted: 2014-12-04, 8:09 pm

george47 Power Kat
Yet another example of these companies pissing everyone off with their "new and improved" layouts and features. Why can't they all have a "leave the fuck alone" option?
Re: Eurolights map problems due to new Google maps
Posted: 2014-12-04, 10:44 pm

G.laGaffe Power Kat
Neuro,

Your map item on the 'Eierberg' in Bochum (DE) mentions EUR 50 for 15 minutes and EUR 30 for 20 minutes. Should that not be reversed ? Otherwise I will be investigating this locale very soon ;-)
Oh, and I miss the website of Duisburg, something with 'lustmeile dash duisburg dot de slash vulkancenter' .

cheers,

Gaston.

p.s. I fully agree with George. Most 'improvements' in this sense are utter total sh*t.
Re: Eurolights map problems due to new Google maps
Posted: 2014-12-05, 10:08 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Having been on the other side of the fence I'm a *little* more sympathetic about the problems related to legacy systems and moving forward. HOWEVER, in this case they could have easily preserved the old features along with adding the new ones. This kind of behavior is typical of a technology company that feels like their users don't have any other alternatives, so screw'em.

Bastards.

Anyway thanks for the commiseration, and Gaston thanks for the catch and I'll fix it soon.

cheers,

neurosynth

Posted: 2014-12-31, 9:54 pm

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I went through and copied the ratings to the left column pin listing. Better than without, but still not as good as the format before the change.

If anyone figures out (1) how to put a URL link in an info bubble without literally showing the entire URL or (2) how to bring the "penman" street view tool back...please let me know. I think both are currently impossible.

[ 5 posts ] 

Jump to: