Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
cameras prices and girls
Posted: 2005-05-05, 1:13 pm

peter craig
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I know the usual advice is 'ask the girl' but are there any girls more open to having their pics taken for cash than others?

Also how does Amsterdam compare to British high street prices for Canon camera equipment?

http://www.gorge.org/images/nl/ these people amaze me that they would risk life and limb for a grainy snap....

also what street is this http://www.amsterdam-red-light-district ... te_01.jpeg
Re: cameras prices and girls
Posted: 2005-05-05, 1:46 pm

axxxtw Founder
Actually can't answer the camera questions, because I wouldn't quibble over a few euros, but i am sure they are roughly comparable. But the Canon digital mini's are the best, and we always carry one in our pockets, and have done for years.

As for the second photo, this is a stolen photo from Bruno Navarro, a professional photographer---it was done many years ago, and that kamer, which used to be on the corner of OzA and Stoofsteeg, was closed for years, until the little bar which opened around the corner on Stoof, 't Stoofjes expanded into it a couple of years back.

Taking photos is a big no-no, and sites that then steal, publish them, and claim them as their own, should be taken for what they are---a questionable source of information and thieves. As a visitor you should respect the local customs and the wishes of the ladies, and not contribute to the problems. It makes them all very unhappy. And you may find serious problems for yourself if caught by someone who really really objects. Like the Brit who was stabbed recently.
And deserved it.

Privately you may find it possible to arrange with some lady for a few snaps, at a price, and if you're going to publish them, be sure to be honest about it and tell her. And keep it private.

Don't betray her trust.

Frankly any lady who agrees to this, is just naive, because theyre nearly always published, and we nearly always find out about it, and advise any ladies of our acquantance to NEVER agree to a photograph, unless she truly doesn't care.

Posted: 2005-05-05, 5:47 pm

peter craig
Cheers for taking the time and effort to reply!
 [ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: