Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Globe Hostel
Posted: 2006-09-16, 10:34 pm

vicgoo
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Anyone stayed there?Any comments good or bad.Planning on using it Nov 18-25,i,m particularly wanting to know if their no curfew policy is true,since i,ve heard bad experiences with curfew policy

Posted: 2006-09-16, 11:24 pm

amsterdamfan
the globe is spot on

Posted: 2006-09-17, 12:09 am

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
aye, however it is the no.1 hangout for english football hoolies on the piss. don't mind that myself but you really should be aware that england are playing the netherlands on 17 nov...........................

ANYDAY.
Re: Globe Hostel
Posted: 2006-09-17, 8:59 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-09-17, 10:30 pm

blowfishcharlie
I have stayed there twice,... I prefer the Flying Pig Palace, but the Globe is fine (as hostel go), and it is very convenient for the Wallen.

Posted: 2006-09-22, 7:58 pm

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
Smokely son,

I'm interested as to why you feel it necessary to point that out?

ANYDAY.
Posted: 2006-09-22, 11:14 pm

DELETED
DELETED
Posted: 2006-09-25, 6:35 pm

anydaySupporting Member
Supporting Member
weekend after england are playing in amsterdam, you reckon?

only trying to give the guy who originally asked the question a bit of info, that's all son. and enough of the "pops", eh.

;-)

ANYDAY.
Posted: 2006-09-25, 10:41 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
The first time that I stayed there (in 2000) I thought that I had died and gone to heaven - 24 hour curfew, a stones throws from the RLD (but strangely on a quiet street), 24 hour residents bar with great beers on tap and they served a wicked 'full english' breakfast.

I stayed there several times over the coming years until I booked a dorm there last year - I checked in around 8pm and went on a nights RLD activities. Returned about 1am to be told that they had made a 'mistake' with my booking - they had moved my stuff out of my room and decided that my bed for the night was a mattress thrown on the floor in 10 person dorm, where each person would have to step over me to get to the toilet - no apology, no refund from the management.

Thats my story, maybe I was unlucky. If you want to get a better feeling for the place (and other hostels), I would check out the feedback on -
http://www.hostelworld.com/

If England are playing in A'dam the same weekend as you are planning to go, I'll guarantee that that the place will be full of gentlemen donned with Stone Island / Paul & Shark / Hackett etc etc

Regards,
bb69
Posted: 2006-09-26, 2:02 pm

Dam_04
I go tomorrow , can't wait. Heard good reports about the Globe so decided to give it a go.... looks nice and lively...... 24 hour bar, i DO like the idea of that for sure.

Billy Bob i shal be sporting some CP, Boss, Stoney, Lacoste and such atire.... does this make me a gentleman? ;)

Posted: 2006-09-26, 8:35 pm

billybob69Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Quote:
Billy Bob i shal be sporting some CP, Boss, Stoney, Lacoste and such atire.... does this make me a gentleman? ;)

I was trying to get across the point that if is the weekend that England were playing in Amsterdam, that it is guaranteed that the hostel would be full of groups of young English men, behaving like only groups of young English men do in The Wallen (as other topics have discussed) and therefore an American tourist (which I assume vicgoo is) might not wish to experience this.

I think the way that you spot a gentleman is how he behaves (particularly in a foreign country) rather than what he wears?
Posted: 2006-09-27, 12:38 am

Dam_04
Well i'd sooner rather see groups of English lads in the RLD having a good piss up and a laugh than groups of thieving, mugging low life little bastards (Take note of their origin aswell).

I'm sure our American freind would be fine, he'd have more chance of getting aggro in a wank cabin.

Yes you are correct, not everyone that wears good clobber is a hoolie... i'm certainly not.

Cheers,
Dam_04

[ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: