Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Stena Line Travel Bureau
Posted: 2006-09-29, 7:17 pm

killer_doll
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Since on our next trip we are first stopping off in London for a few days and didn't want to shell out too much money to fly from there to A'dam, we have booked with Stena line to get us from one city to the other. (Yeah, it takes up most of the day, but I'm cheap.) Anyhow, I was just wondering if anyone else on here has booked with them before because I'm curious about the tickets they mailed me. My e-mail is all screwy right now so I can't e-mail them to ask, but I was wondering if these Rail Tickets that I got sent from the postal office are the actual tickets I need on the trains or if I have to exchange them at the station for other tickets? I mean, they do say "Rail Ticket" and have all of the information on them, I just want to make sure because I'd rather not wait until I'm ON the train and get kicked off if the guys who check the tickets think they're bogus. haha. Plus it says on the directions for both the train in England and the one in Holland "latest check-in time is 30 minutes before departure" and I'm not entirely sure what that means.

Also, do I need to bring the e-ticket that was e-mailed to me for entrance on the boat that takes us from Harwick to the Hook of Holland?

Sorry if my questions sound stupid, I've just never been the one to plan a trip before, I'm used to following someone else's lead so I don't want to mess up.
Much thanks :)
killer_doll

Posted: 2006-09-29, 9:47 pm

banana61Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I have used Stena line from Hook to Harwich with my car, the email was all we needed. Cannot comment on the train part of your journey.
Re: Stena Line Travel Bureau
Posted: 2006-09-30, 4:14 am

reg888
I have used rail and sail or Dutch flyer as they call it now around 20 times and have the tickets for my next trip in front of me now. It's best to take the whole E-ticket with you though in theory all you need is the reference number. You can go directly to departures without having to queue at the check-in counter. Your tickets and passport will then be checked and you will need to hand over any big luggage. If you're going out on the morning sailing make sure you arrive at the port by 10.25. If you return on the afternoon sailing then you must arrive at the port by 15.45. As a rule Dutch trains are far more reliable than British ones so I always catch an earlier train than recommended. If your tickets say Rail Ticket then they can definitely be used as normal on the Dutch trains. Mine are blue and white and credit card sized. When these first came out several conductors did not recognise them but there was never a problem. Now everyone knows them.
Re: Stena Line Travel Bureau
Posted: 2006-09-30, 4:24 am

killer_doll
reg- Perfect! Thank you very much!

Yes, my tickets are blue, white, and credit card sized.
I just figured I'd check that those + the e-ticket were all I needed, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the tip on getting to the train in London a bit early as well, I'll deffinately note that.

-killer_doll

[ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: