Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 16 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Next Trip - Cannabis Cup!
Posted: 2011-10-02, 12:32 pm

dam86
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hey guys,

Just in the process of booking my next trip to the Dam :-) Im going to go around the 20th November which ive just found out is the week of the Cannabis Cup 2011!! Anyone else visiting at this time?

Has anyone been to a Cannabis Cup before?? Just wondering what they are like?

Also, anyone in the Dam on these dates fancy meeting up for a smoke or a walk around the RLD?

Cheers
Re: Next Trip - Cannabis Cup!
Posted: 2011-10-02, 1:09 pm

potlover
I'm gonna be there, more because of deals on flights than for the cup itself.
It's gonna be my first time too, but i'm not expecting much from this event, actually.
Guess is kinda commercial...

Posted: 2011-10-03, 8:22 am

valefar
Well that is the exact time I am planning to be in Amsterdam, 20 to 24 of November. I ll search for this cup thing more.

http://cannabiscup.com
is this what u talkin about?

Posted: 2011-10-03, 9:10 am

dam86
Thats when I will be there. We should organise a good meet one afternoon if everyone is up for it? I'll be there from 21st to 23rd.
Posted: 2011-10-03, 9:38 am

valefar
dam86 wrote:
We should organise a good meet one afternoon if everyone is up for it?

Count me in...

Posted: 2011-10-03, 6:59 pm

potlover
I've done my to do list for this trip, you'll probably find me at:

-De Kuil
-Dampkring II, Ex Pink Floyd
-Grey Area
- Still not sure if Katsu, Papillon and Club Media

I'll be looking for my winner, pretty sure i'll find it in one of these places...

Posted: 2011-10-04, 12:02 pm

valefar
Plane tickets bought for 20th Novermber and return on 24th. Still planning on things to do, girls to do...

However I need help on hotel matter. Searched the forum about this Frisco Inn hotel (they say it supposed to be hostel) and the latest result I got about it was in 2010. I have an open reservation for this Hotel from booking.com that will cost me 300 Euros if I accept to stay for 4 nights in a standard double room.

Did anyone here stay in this hotel lately I would like to hear real review about it since the reviews on booking.com and tripadvisor vary madly. One person has stated that he had seen a mouse in his room where some others give 10 points over 10. I (we) will be visiting my room just to sleep in fact and don't mind about the noise coming from outside since I sleep with speakers in my ears listening to music. All I need is a clean room with shower and toilet. What you guys think about this price also? I know for this price I can stay in a 5 star hotel in my country but it is Amsterdam...

People here inquire about the Tulip Inn which is on the same street I guess, but why can't I ever get it listed on booking.com? Is it always full or not listed there? Or am I dumb :P?

Thanks for any help.

Posted: 2011-10-04, 2:15 pm

balou1999_75962
IMO the HTCC has gone to shit over the last few years. They just released a partial schedule which in years past would have been out over a month ago. There are several people in town from the Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory, see the following thread http://coffeeshopdirect.info/phpBB3/vie ... 11&t=15861 Also, there is a growing list on the Coffeeshop Menus site of events being planned during the CC. http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/ Just click on the Who's in Town link for events/people that are scheduled. And while you're there you might as well have a look at a few menus as well.

valefar wrote:
What you guys think about this price also? I know for this price I can stay in a 5 star hotel in my country but it is Amsterdam...

Fact is hotel rates in Amsterdam are expensive. I've never stayed in the Frisco, but I know people who hav and suggest it often. Yes there might be a mouse or two, common in Amsterdam. That's the reason most hotels/businesses have a cat.
valefar wrote:
People here inquire about the Tulip Inn which is on the same street I guess, but why can't I ever get it listed on booking.com? Is it always full or not listed there? Or am I dumb :P?

I've found the hotel on booking.com the last couple of times I booked for my upcoming trips. They don't seem to have as many available rooms as in the past. and not to mention the prices have increased since they were sold. I just found the hotel and it is available for 400 euros for your dates!
If you are worried about quality, have you thought/heard about Priceline? You could bid blindly on a 4 star hotel in the Centrum for somewhere around your budget since you nights don't include a weekend. Read more info at the following link, http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g1885 ... erdam.html

Peace
Posted: 2011-10-06, 6:33 pm

alelover45Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I'll be Cupping it this year too.
Lil Ale and I are in town from the 19th till the 29th.
Got a place on the Leidsegracht...within stumbling distance of the Melkweg.
Hope to compare judging notes with you folks.
Nastarovia,
-ale

Posted: 2011-10-07, 4:47 am

smuler Power Kat
Where you gonna eat your turkey ??

Bring some Pliny to Peter @ Beer Temple or the Arendsnest...

you told me to tell you last time I saw you....

I'll be in your backyard December 26...

Of course with my daily romp to Tijuana...

We can discuss Costa Rica ?

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2011-10-07, 7:30 pm

Supporting Member
Hola mi amigo!

Not a huge fan of turkey...but to keep the tradition alive, how about this for a Turkey dinner?
http://www.kinky.nl/Advertentie_Anjelin ... &show=home

I plan on taking a few bottles to Peter...the Pliney is always a good choice for a hop-head like him.

Aren't you getting burnt out on Tiajuana?
For about the same price of travel, you could be in San Jose pulling Ticas from the Del Rey.
(I know "a few" great ladies down there to party with.)

That said, I've moved on a bit from the CR scene...getting a bit more expensive than it used to be. (but still comparable to TJ.)

I'm finding Colombia has everything that I look for when visiting a new country. Beautiful women...great food...interesting history...and it's cheaper than CR. (Renting an apartment in Colombia versus a hotel in CR.)
Next visit...in February...something to consider.

But this is all about the Cannabis Cup...
Get a ticket over there, and meet us.
Got some extra room in the flat for you. (Right on the Leidsegracht)
Cold in NJ/NY or cold in Amsterdam...I know which place I'd choose.

Sending over a few selections from this year's garden. I think my Sleestack and Tahoe OG are as good as many of the entries we'll see this year. I'm looking forward to sharing with Don and Aaron (DNA) since they gave me the Sleestack seeds last year.

You need to join us...
Salud!
-ale

Posted: 2011-10-10, 11:47 pm

420 Power Kat
Hey Alelover,

I am thinking about using my 100K miles from a British Airways special last year,,,fly first Class to Amsterdam from 11/23-11/30. Just need to find a place to hang my hat between Goldentime visits.

Also going to meet HWB in AMS for our 50th Birthday Month next May for a FKK tour

You still have room?

Posted: 2011-10-14, 7:25 pm

Supporting Member
Hey 420...
Funny you mentioned the BA 100K miles...That's what I'm using to come over with lil Ale.
LA to London to AMS.
You are more than welcome to join us in the Leidsegracht flat.
I might even tag along with you to GT.

It's gonna be a great trip.
Hope you're on board,
-ale

Posted: 2011-10-15, 5:00 am

news2
I'll be with 2 other Americans and we'll be staying at the Greenhouse Effect in the RLD for the Cup. It's my 5th time in A-dam. We would enjoy the opportunity to hang out w/ you guys and smoke up, clown around, and check out the scene.
Posted: 2011-10-15, 11:51 am

dam86
Looks like there will be quite a few of us meeting up for a good smoke :-) I cant wait!! Any ideas of where we can meet??
Posted: 2011-10-15, 1:55 pm

balou1999_75962
There are indeed a lot of people in town during the cup. Feel free to join the members of ACD at any of the planned events. First Toke & Talk is on Nov 16th, with something daily until at least the 1st. http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/0-WhosIn ... ber.htm#16

Peace
 [ 16 posts ] 

Jump to: