Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 178 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Sexyland area kamers closing?
Posted: 2012-02-08, 8:36 am

alexatmalta
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
greenhoff wrote:
cant see a business wanting to buy a property there, can you ?
regards

I'm not talking about only that 3 buildings... of course they are not too interesting for business now. But the idea of the plan 1012 is to change the whole territory around OudeKerk, Warmoestraat... and who knows what next - may be OZA also? So for example if you buy a building now at Tromp and make there Louis Vuitton store... of course it's the most stupid idea, it will fail surely, cause girls, mongers, drugs are everywhere around and who will buy anything there? Nobody, because people go to DeWallen for other things, not luxury fashion... luxury shopping may be, but other kind))) And an experiment with young designers at closed windows proved it.
But if you change the whole area, kick out sex-drugs industry, make infrastructure for fashion district (fashion is only an example), invest money there, make huge p.r. company, etc - it will make an effect. It is possible to make it the same as golden foursquare in Milano for example... but it can't go both with prostitution and drugs.
So then it will be interesting for business and further investments.
It's like buying a car... if you buy a whole car, it will surely be much cheaper than buying all the spare parts one after one and making a car by yourself. So a job of "making a car" will be done by the council now. After that business buys the whole product.
I'm sure that noone in this world is really interested in morality if huge money are at stake.
Posted: 2012-02-09, 1:15 am

Tineke
Guys, the whole idea is to close the whole area Oude kerksplein/ sint ann. From oudekennissteeg till the nieuwmarket stays open. They wanna renovate the chinatown area and oudekerkplein/sint anna will be shops downstairs and appartements downstairs. they will make enough or even MORE money out of that. there will be music events in summertime. why?? they wanna close THAT area... because it is the nearest to the centre and they wanna stretch that all together... beursplein (bijenkorf area) and warmoestraat will also be cleaned out and renovated to "Modern" evenso as Rokin. again... Check www.amsterdam.nl and write project 1012 in the search area. or just google project 1012 amsterdam, and i think you will also find enough information. the only thing i know...we can complain, but things are already set! nobody can change it!? xxx "dutchie" tineke
Posted: 2012-02-09, 2:45 am

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
thanks tineke
if anyone knows whats happening, then you do

ok, Frankfurt etc here i come, bye bye Amsterdam ( after Feb 24th) lol
regards

Posted: 2012-02-25, 1:37 pm

OldAmsterdam
Amsterdam newspaper ‘Het Parool’ of today has a large article with the headline ‘Project 1012 unattainable due to short of money’.
http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/4/AMSTERDAM/article/detail/3202148/2012/02/25/Project-1012-onhaalbaar-door-geldgebrek-gemeente.dhtml

The article is the result of the reports of two different investigations. Buying up all brothels around Oudekerksplein and St. Annen area would cost an amount of at least 165 million Euros. Above this, an extra 49 million must be paid to the new owner, due to the depreciation of the premises. The municipality don’t have this money. Conclusion of the article is that this will endanger the whole Project 1012.

Last Wednesday ‘Het Parool’ already reported that it will not be easy to change the present function of the prostitution area (‘bestemmingsplan’). On juridical grounds a new planning only is possible when it will be practicable. The owners of the brothels will take the law of the government, which will last for many years.
http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/9244/DE-SLAG-OM-DE-BINNENSTAD/article/detail/3199302/2012/02/23/Sluiten-bordeel-vergt-een-gevulde-beurs.dhtml

Unfortunately this won’t affect the closure of the 15 windows in Trompettersteeg and Dollebegijnensteeg. Very transparent is that the owners have been very eager to exchange their premises for windows at the canal, hoping to become good friends with Lodewijk Asscher. It is still announced to the girls that the first windows will close in May 2012.

Besides this, there still is the threat that 'La Vie en Rose' (with the famous covered area) has to close this summer. After six years of lawsuit, the highest court (’Raad van State’) this year will give the final judgment.

Good news and bad news. But it seems that not all the narrow streets in St. Annen area will be closed very soon.
Posted: 2012-02-25, 1:49 pm

akaDrPussy Moderator
Thanks for that update oldamsterdam. As you rightly say, a mixture of good and bad news but given were things were heading it is encouraging that there may be some hope that at least part of the sexyland area may survive. It will be interesting to see how this all eventually plays out.

Posted: 2012-02-25, 1:58 pm

smuler Power Kat
Thanks OA

It will certainly be strange seeing the Albert Heijn in the Sexyland location

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2012-02-25, 9:11 pm

Drand320
OldAmsterdam wrote:
Amsterdam newspaper ‘Het Parool’ of today has a large article with the headline ‘Project 1012 unattainable due to short of money’.
http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/4/AMSTERDAM/article/detail/3202148/2012/02/25/Project-1012-onhaalbaar-door-geldgebrek-gemeente.dhtml

The article is the result of the reports of two different investigations. Buying up all brothels around Oudekerksplein and St. Annen area would cost an amount of at least 165 million Euros. Above this, an extra 49 million must be paid to the new owner, due to the depreciation of the premises. The municipality don’t have this money. Conclusion of the article is that this will endanger the whole Project 1012.

Last Wednesday ‘Het Parool’ already reported that it will not be easy to change the present function of the prostitution area (‘bestemmingsplan’). On juridical grounds a new planning only is possible when it will be practicable. The owners of the brothels will take the law of the government, which will last for many years.
http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/9244/DE-SLAG-OM-DE-BINNENSTAD/article/detail/3199302/2012/02/23/Sluiten-bordeel-vergt-een-gevulde-beurs.dhtml

Unfortunately this won’t affect the closure of the 15 windows in Trompettersteeg and Dollebegijnensteeg. Very transparent is that the owners have been very eager to exchange their premises for windows at the canal, hoping to become good friends with Lodewijk Asscher. It is still announced to the girls that the first windows will close in May 2012.

Besides this, there still is the threat that 'La Vie en Rose' (with the famous covered area) has to close this summer. After six years of lawsuit, the highest court (’Raad van State’) this year will give the final judgment.

Good news and bad news. But it seems that not all the narrow streets in St. Annen area will be closed very soon.

I don't buy it. I think the Dutch Govt has likely seen a sharp decline in tourism in recent years and they are too proud to admit they have made a mistake.

Nice research by the way.
Posted: 2012-02-26, 11:01 pm

jgramos Moderator
Yeah, glad this has been confirmed........I was told that this would probably be the case about 2 weeks ago, and that some of the kamer owners in the "Sexyland area" were "sticking to their guns" and not willing to sell, meaning the only way for the municipality to get the buildings would be a "forced sale", which the municipality couldn't afford.

Thanks for the info OldAmsterdam. Nice to bump into you a couple of times a couple of weeks back! :-)

Peace

Posted: 2012-03-02, 9:05 am

officematt2002
I just read this and I must say it is a crying shame.

Although in my opinion much of Sint A. is pretty much 'ripoff' alley to me, I wonder what will happen to my Anna in the covered area? Christ, I only go to A-dam for the weed, friits and Anna.

I've been going to both Amsterdam and Germany over the last two years, but really, I will always come back for the friits and friitsauce. Amsterdam has its charm, but really, what are they thinking? I first visited back in 2003 and felt like I had to watch my back, although I had a good time, in the RLD. I visited in 2009 and saw some shit that still blows my mind (as in I smoked far too much, saw an altercation that would not be acceptable in my home country and though, wtf!) but felt safe enough that I did not have to look out for my fellow smokers (two lovely ladies) and in 2011 I was back again and felt 100% fine. Amsterdam is good now. I love it. Always did. Change it? Fuck that.
Posted: 2012-03-02, 11:17 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
A bit of better news, anyway.
What I have to ask is what the hell they possibly hope to do with something like Trompettersteeg? You can't put shops there. About the only thing to do would be to eliminate the alley itself, which will increase the cost even further.
Posted: 2012-03-02, 11:26 pm

potlover
Many thanks OldAmsterdam for the amazing info,

Quote:
Very transparent is that the owners have been very eager to exchange their premises for windows at the canal

What i would like to know is whether kamers will be exchanged 1:1
Needs more searching, i guess...

Posted: 2012-03-02, 11:37 pm

jgramos Moderator
Potlover - I don't think that will come to light until the closures happen.

Posted: 2012-03-03, 10:13 am

OldAmsterdam
potlover wrote:
What i would like to know is whether kamers will be exchanged 1:1
Needs more searching, i guess...

In the plans of 'Project 1012' the exchange is not 1:1 as more windows have to close than there are available in the OZA area. That is one of the reasons (besides other things) that Office OZA52 was so eager to exchange: they had the first choice.

Office OZA52 has exchanged 3 of their buildings (15 windows) in the Sexyland area for 5 buildings (14 windows) in the OZA area. As a compensation for the 1 lost window they have received a large sum of money as well.

The windows that will close are correctly mentioned in post #3 in this topic (by slick 7/1/2012).

Among the windows that will be reopened there are two buildings 1 and 6 in Stoofsteeg (6 windows). At this moment rebuilding activities in these two premises are clearly visible. I guess that these windows have to be ready before 1 May, when the first building in St. Annen area will close (the two others will follow July/August).

I have heard that Oudekennisteeg 5 is part of the deal as well. That means two more buildings on the canal will be reopened in the near future. But until now I have seen no other activities, except from Stoofsteeg.

Indeed the girls are not happy with the exchange. Some of them have already moved to other rooms, others will stay as long as possible and make their decision at the last moment. For the day shift there are alternatives; for the night shift it will be very difficult – even now there are long waiting-lists. It is rumoured that some bribery is very helpful to get a permanent room...
Posted: 2012-03-03, 6:40 pm

jgramos Moderator
Thanks for the information OldAmsterdam. :-)

Cheers

Posted: 2012-03-03, 9:08 pm

Anglofil
In the midst of sadness, for the closure of Sexyland area, I feel that Stoofsteeg is not too bad. Methinks, it feels much better sharking along Stoofsteeg than OZA.
And Bar de Stofjes (with their black cat on the red pillow) will certainly have more guests :)
Doei
Posted: 2012-03-03, 9:24 pm

potlover
Many thanks, really appreciated as my next trip is gonna be midway trough the closure and right now it doesn't sound as bad as before...

Posted: 2012-03-04, 1:49 am

ThirstyTraveller
OldAmsterdam wrote:
I guess that these windows have to be ready before 1 May, when the first building in St. Annen area will close (the two others will follow July/August)

Which building will be the first to go? If known. Apologies if already mentioned.

Posted: 2012-03-04, 8:30 am

OldAmsterdam
ThirstyTraveller wrote:
Which building will be the first to go? If known. Apologies if already mentioned.

The building on the corner of St. Annendwarsstraat & Trompettersteeg. The windows that will be closed are:
St. Annendwarsstr. 3-1 & 3-2 and around the corner Tromp 3-3, 3-4 & 3-5.
Posted: 2012-03-05, 8:48 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Not that it fully compensates...but....

Maybe this will result in Elodie having a larger bed!

Posted: 2012-03-05, 6:19 pm

jgramos Moderator
Ha ha ha!!! Neurosynth.....I already had that thought - hopefully you're right, and she doesn't retire instead!!

With regards to the city council not being able to afford the "forced sale/purchase" of the other buildings in the Sexyland area, I was recently told that they're budget for Project 1012 was €100 million. I'm not too sure of how accurate that figure would be, but if it was correct, quite a chunk will have already been spent on what they've done so far, so it looks pretty unlikely they'd be able to find the further €214 million needed to own the whole Sexyland area....let alone the other works they'd have to do on the properties once they'd purchased them!

[ 178 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Jump to: