Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 178 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Sexyland area kamers closing?
Posted: 2012-05-10, 8:46 pm

OldAmsterdam
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
OldAmsterdam wrote:
ThirstyTraveller wrote:
Which building will be the first to go? If known. Apologies if already mentioned.

The building on the corner of St. Annendwarsstraat & Trompettersteeg. The windows that will be closed are:
St. Annendwarsstr. 3-1 & 3-2 and around the corner Tromp 3-3, 3-4 & 3-5.

Today is announced that Saturday 19 May is the last day these 5 windows will be open.

On Sunday 20 May Stoofsteeg nr 1 (2 windows) and nr 6 (4 windows) will reopen.

The “SexyLand” premises will not change into Albert Heijn. It is now said that here will come an “Art Galery”...
Posted: 2012-05-10, 10:24 pm

Anglofil
My boss gave me 1 week of unpaid vacation, due to personal reasons, as I put it. So tickets all booked and I'll be there "at home" in deWallen next week to see these windows off. Will be a mix of joy and sadness, I guess.
Posted: 2012-05-10, 11:42 pm

burn out
Does anyone know where the girls in these rooms are going?
thanks
Posted: 2012-05-11, 1:54 am

ThirstyTraveller
OldAmsterdam wrote:
Today is announced that Saturday 19 May is the last day these 5 windows will be open.

On Sunday 20 May Stoofsteeg nr 1 (2 windows) and nr 6 (4 windows) will reopen.

The “SexyLand” premises will not change into Albert Heijn. It is now said that here will come an “Art Galery”...

Thank you very much for the update OldAmsterdam! I do hope the girls who work in the closing windows get "first dibs" on the newly restored windows.

Sexyland now becoming an art gallery! Even less a reason to go there than if it was to become an Albert Heijn lol. What next fashion designers taking over these windows? lol

Cheers!! :)

Posted: 2012-05-11, 4:25 am

burn out
perhaps we should argue that many of us consider the windows in that area an "Art Gallery" :-P
Posted: 2012-05-11, 10:29 am

greenhoffSupporting Member
Supporting Member
No more " meet you outside sexyland @ "
Meet you outside the art gallery just doesnt sound right imho..................!!

Amsterdam council, hang your heads in shame !!!
regards

Posted: 2012-05-13, 5:43 am

skipexcaliburSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Greenhoff,

greenhoff wrote:
Meet you outside the art gallery just doesnt sound right imho..................!!

Bet it sounds right to the married guys! I'm sure they have been saying that for four hundred years...

TZ,
Skijp
Posted: 2012-05-14, 1:01 am

burn out
BTW Admin. don't forget to change the descriptions on Dolleb to "Art Gallery end" :-P
Posted: 2012-05-19, 11:03 am

OldAmsterdam
OldAmsterdam wrote:
Today is announced that Saturday 19 May is the last day these 5 windows will be open. On Sunday 20 May Stoofsteeg nr 1 (2 windows) and nr 6 (4 windows) will reopen.

Two days delay, as the premises in Stoofsteeg are not yet ready: Monday 21 last day and Tuesday 22 May reopening Stoofsteeg.

I heard that 21 May also Dollebegijnensteeg 3-3 will close. This indeed makes the exchange 6 to 6 windows.

In July/August the other 9 windows in Dollebegijn/Trompet 3 and 7 will close. At the same time Oudekennissteeg 5 (2 windows), OZA 13 (3 windows) and OZA 40 (3 windows) will reopen.

It seems that most girls have decided to move to the new addresses.
Posted: 2012-05-23, 2:04 pm

m02499
The Amsterdam RLD is certainly changing. The documentary that was posted in another thread on the topic was very interesting and informative. I only get to Amsterdam every few years nowadays, but even during my last trip a few years ago I noticed the change. The area just didn't seem to have the same vibe that it had in years back. Many of the rooms that were left seemed to be closed/empty and IMHO in general the quality of the girls was not the same. I still enjoy Amsterdam and will undoubtedly continue to visit.
Posted: 2012-05-23, 5:41 pm

loolz Power Kat
It would be very useful if a forum member who lives in Amsterdam could update us on which kamers have officially closed and which new rooms their previous occupants have been moved to or if they have decided to leave, etc. Are the new Stoofsteeg windows in use now?
Posted: 2012-05-24, 4:14 am

burn out
i agree.
it would also be nice to know the political climate as well. it would be nice to know which building owners are fighting the room closures.
thank you for everyone in Amsterdam who help keep the rest of us informed!
Posted: 2012-05-24, 12:16 pm

Panty Wearer
I'm here today and unless I'm missing something, they all seem to be open as usual?

I don't want to get anyones hopes up as I haven't been here for well over 18 months, but all of the ones opposite sexyland are open and in the area?
Posted: 2012-05-24, 9:14 pm

OldAmsterdam
Well, today (24 May) the exchange really has happened. The above mentioned five windows in St. Annendwarsstraat and Trompettersteeg are closed now. It seems that the process of removing the interiors has immediately started.
(By the way, the four windows opposite the former "SexyLand" will remain open).

This afternoon Stoofsteeg 1 and 6 were open for the first time after the rebuilding. It was very nice and sunny weather and most ladies had their doors open. Some of them told me that they are happy with their new rooms.

I saw that Dollebegijnensteeg 3-3 is still open. Melanie/Miau told me that she can stay in her room for some time.

I have no information about the night shift, except that I heard that most girls will go to Stoofsteeg as well.
Posted: 2012-06-10, 10:42 pm

OldAmsterdam
Around 20 June the two windows on Oudekennissteeg 5 will reopen. At the same time Trompettersteeg 7-4 en 7-5 will close and most likely the three windows on Dollebegijnensteeg 7 as well.

On Monday morning 11 June Lodewijk Asscher himself will give a tour on the Wallen for 40 journalists from all over the world (BBC is among them). No doubt he will tell about his splendid results in cleaning this area. We will read about it...
Sexyland area kamers closing?
Posted: 2012-06-11, 12:37 am

smuler Power Kat
Thanks Old Amsterdam

Was there ever talk of reopening some rooms in Bergstraat or even Boomsteeg ?

Best Regards

Smuler

Posted: 2012-06-11, 8:11 am

OldAmsterdam
smuler wrote:
Was there ever talk of reopening some rooms in Bergstraat or even Boomsteeg ?

Bergstraat (Singel area) will remain closed (only one single room is open here). But Boomsteeg is available for owners of premises in St. Annen area, who are prepared to exchange.
Posted: 2012-06-23, 9:40 am

OldAmsterdam
Update: last Thursday Trompettersteeg 7-4/7-5, Dollebegijnensteeg 7-1/7-2/7-3 and 3-5 were closed. On the same day Oudekennissteeg 5-1/5-2 and Oudezijds Achterburgwal 13 (three windows) were reopened.

In August the exchange will be completed, when Trompettersteeg 3-4/3-5 and Dollebegijnensteeg 3-1/3-2 will close. On that moment Oudezijds Achterburgwal 40 (three windows) will reopen.

Unfortunately the rebuilding of the new rooms is carried out in a rather cheap way. The girls of the nightshift are very unhappy with the light, which is to blue. They look very unattractive and hardy can make money, I have heard. Some of them already have left. The office does not care and hope that new girls will take the rooms.

By the way: On Friday 15 June Lodewijk Asscher and Major Van der Laan have presented far-reaching plans with prostitution in Amsterdam. Some proposals are good, but other things will cause radical changes in the future...
Posted: 2012-06-23, 9:45 am

jvdriel
What about the remaining rooms in Sint Annendwarsstraat, Bethlemsteeg, Goldbergersteeg: will these remain open or
do they plan to close the whole area?
Posted: 2012-06-23, 10:58 am

hnbcm
I spoke to both Katie and Simona about it earlier this week. The feeling is that there are no more immediate closures as the government have not got the finance to purchase any more buildings. The remaining girls don't appear to be particularly worried about it.
 [ 178 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: