Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Amsterdam £8 return
Posted: 2012-04-17, 10:22 pm

down
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
mega bus are doing Amsterdam £8 return buses it will take about 11 hours to get there but is cheap

Posted: 2012-04-17, 10:48 pm

Aardvark
Admittedly, that is cheap but if you buy a few months in advance you can get a plane ticket so cheaply I can't see how it would be worth it being on a coach or train for that long...

From East Midlands Airport to Schipol I can usually get a return flight for around £60 - £100 inclusive of taxes and flying at the times I want (and it's usually around the lower price figure of that bracket). That's with BMI Baby.
Re: Amsterdam £8 return
Posted: 2012-04-20, 12:42 pm

gezellig
Been keeping an eye on their website since the news broke last week and yesterday they released a whole load more dates.

So I got me a £2.50 (£1 each way and 50p booking fee) return from Cardiff. My back will be in half when I arrive, but I'm sure will find something at my destination to take the edge off of it.

Incidentally KLM flights are £100->£300 for the same week.
Posted: 2012-04-22, 3:54 pm

down
gezellig wrote:
So I got me a £2.50 (£1 each way and 50p booking fee)

Incidentally KLM flights are £100->£300 for the same week.

so all that money you saved can be spent on hookers

Posted: 2012-05-07, 12:53 pm

bauhaus
Aardvark wrote:
From East Midlands Airport to Schipol I can usually get a return flight for around £60 - £100 inclusive of taxes and flying at the times I want (and it's usually around the lower price figure of that bracket). That's with BMI Baby.

Sadly, not for much longer. BMI Baby will no longer be offering flights between Amsterdam and East Midlands (or Birmingham) after 10th June this year.

http://www.bmibaby.com/bmibaby/faqs/important_information.aspx
Posted: 2012-05-07, 3:03 pm

Aardvark
I know :-( I'm so sad and annoyed about that. It was so convenient for me to fly from East Midlands because I live in Nottingham.

For my trip in late June-early July i'll have to fly from either Birmingham or Manchester.
Posted: 2012-05-07, 3:24 pm

bauhaus
Birmingham is my nearest airport and I am annoyed about BMI Baby going out of business, not just for trips to Amsterdam, but for the other destinations they did as well. I've booked KLM this time, the fare isn't that much different to the prices BMI Baby were quoting when taxes, luggage costs etc were added.

I once did the overnight Eurolines coach from London Victoria, having got National Express down there first, but for the total journey time I wouldn't do it again; ditto with Megabus even if it is dirt cheap. I suppose Eurostar from St Pancras, changing in Brussels, is an option, but I think that a flight is still the best way.
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: