Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 5 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Christmas Twins - the videos
Posted: 2010-04-15, 9:02 am

brezova
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I already saw those videos when I phoned him and also tried to contact the person who had made them, as I also live in Belgium.

I might have some old black and white photos of the twin from when they were performing for a month or two weeks in Aalborg, Denmark.

I especially remember them speaking French with one of the older girls from my school, and that was another thing, I wanted to tell him, as now a days I speak French all day, and all night, as my husband and children dont speak Danish :-) Is the coffee shop still open in the way he kept it or has it been changed into something completely different?

I also remember watching Dutch television sometime in 1982, 83 or 84 and suddenly seing both of the twins in a television programme - I phoned my sister right away to tell her, they were there :-)
Re: Christmas Twins - the videos
Posted: 2010-04-16, 1:14 am

Roland Power Kat
Hi,

No the shop has been closed and dismantled. They did sell off lots of the "stuff" that was inside during Queensday last year. It was an institution, no question about it.

The owner of the building has taken the space over.

Regretably Gary was suffering from dementia in the end and would come in and out of the conversation. It got noticeably bad over the last year before he died. At times he would have difficulty even with Cindy. However when he was on, he was spot on.

I got called by a friend who told me that they ran the interview on Chanel 5 that I had done (maybe 8 years before) when they announced his passing on the TV news.

Regards, Roland

Posted: 2012-06-11, 10:27 pm

hudsony777
Dear Roland:

I live near New York City and met the Christmas twins during a long European vacation during the summer and fall of 1979.

They were wonderful people, wonderfully kind and interesting and warm. For some reason I just thought of them and looked on the Internet and was saddened to see they have both passed on.

I would love to research and write an article about their lives...they meant a great deal to me, even though I really didn't know them well. I would stop by every few days to say hello and have a coffee while I was in Amsterdam.

I think the reason they stayed with me is because they were larger than life...but still very real and human...I met many intriguing people that summer in Amsterdam who will always stay with me.

Please do respond.

Thank you,

Peter
Christmas Twins - the videos
Posted: 2012-06-12, 12:26 am

smuler Power Kat
viewtopic.php?t=13682

These are the things that make Amsterdam special

Reminiscing of a time past....

Best Regards

Smuler