Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 63 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: christmas /new year
Posted: 2020-11-24, 10:09 am

jimmy_nova
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. 
dorps wrote:
Let me define an obligation from the Oxford dictionary - “an act to which a person is morally or legally bound”. I mean I know your English is not great, but this really is embarrassing.

"An act to which a person is morally OR legally bound.". Thus it can be one (morally bound) OR the other (legally bound) (or possible both), thus an obligation is not necessarily legally binding.

The Dutch government also say that "everyone aged 13 or over should wear a face mask in indoor public spaces", but we know there is currently no legal requirement for the use of masks. So the Dutch government themselves have already set precedent that use of the word "should" is not legally binding with their statement on masks.

dorps wrote:
if the whole thing is optional as you say, why would the government bother to highlight the 2 specific circumstances under which people are exempt from the requirement to self quarantine? It seems a waste of space, and defies all logic. I mean if it’s optional for everyone why highlight 2 circumstances under which people are exempt from a requirement?

Because they want to mislead people into believing it's a requirement, so more people will follow the recommendation. It's really not that complicated.
Re: christmas /new year
Posted: 2020-11-24, 10:13 am

Shinken69 Power Kat
Will you two professors of English give it a fucking rest?
You aren’t going to agree and neither of you are going to win this argument.

Back on topic PLEASE!

Posted: 2020-11-24, 10:29 am

BlutoBlutarsky Admin
While I don't like to interfere in this fashion, it really seems this thread has run its course.

[ 63 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: