Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 16 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Next Trip!
Posted: 2021-01-16, 9:09 pm

rodney
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
when do you think people will be able to go to holland from Europe again? I think that we might see normality coming back around June.Id be interested to hear what others think. Amsterdam and The Wallen will be insane once the virus passes.
Re: Next Trip!
Posted: 2021-01-16, 11:27 pm

dorps
June isn’t a bad shout for resumption of travel. If I was a betting man, I would go for April based on what is expected regarding vaccinations.

In terms of full ‘normality’ (pre-COVID freedoms) I don’t think that will happen this year - even after travel resumes there will be restrictions in place. Also there is a grey area in just how effective the vaccines will be with new variants of COVID, and also how long the vaccines will shield you.
Posted: 2021-01-16, 11:48 pm

rodney
I think its good to book the hotel now with free cancellation. Once the vaccine takes off and people catch on that normality is on the horizon the demand will go through the roof especially in a city like amsterdam.Think ill book for June and September.
Posted: 2021-01-17, 1:17 am

dorps
Yes nothing wrong with booking if there’s free cancellation. I was having a look at prices of hotels I stay at and they are very high from April onwards - higher than normal. The hotels might be anticipating high demand.

I’m not sure how strong demand will be in the early stages after travel is allowed again. I get the feeling that some people may still be nervous about Covid and it won’t be until a few months down the line that places like Amsterdam return to normal levels of occupancy.
Posted: 2021-01-17, 12:23 pm

averagejoe
if living within the EU its OK to travel once the lockdown is over, isn't it? I was in Amsterdam twice and Belgium twice last year 2020 during the Corona. The trick is to make it between the lockdowns. and yes, its cheaper to book now during the lockdown than wait....

however, if you are living outside of EU it might be until september (I've read.) but that "ban" is floating I guess.
Posted: 2021-01-17, 9:44 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
I rebooked my Christmas trip for June.
I’m not 100% confident it will happen.
Hopefully, I’m wrong.

Posted: 2021-01-18, 5:48 pm

rodney
I think late June might just be good enough if your coming from Europe.
Posted: 2021-01-20, 12:34 am

funfor2houston
Dr Fauci has said he thinks we should be able to travel by the 4th quarter of 2021. Cruise lines think by the end of the 2nd quarter of 2021.
Posted: 2021-01-20, 7:32 pm

averagejoe
lockdown ends the 9th.. I think im going once it opens up. Can't really see why not when its half price for hotels and also super cheap for all tickets allover europe?
Posted: 2021-01-20, 7:55 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
averagejoe wrote:
lockdown ends the 9th.. I think im going once it opens up. Can't really see why not when its half price for hotels and also super cheap for all tickets allover europe?

Depends where you are travelling from.
From the UK, you need to pay for two tests on the way out, two tests on the way back and isolate for 5 to 10 days in both directions.
I don’t know what the cost of a test is in the Netherlands, but at my local airport, it’s £80/test.

Dutch parliament are voting Thursday on a curfew (20:30 to 04:30), lasting till Feb 10th.
Daily numbers are now below 5k, but the decline has slowed.

Posted: 2021-01-20, 9:32 pm

funfor2houston
We were looking at August and United is selling tickets from the US for August before they would block me .
Posted: 2021-01-20, 10:38 pm

averagejoe
yep, heard about the curfew in the NL... however, it seems the curfew doesn't affect the lockdown , ( at least not from today's news...fingers crossed)

well , I rebooked a trip to the 11th feb ( in other words - within 3weeks). hahahah. In fact I was planning to go in the end of this month which wouldn't have happened...thats why I rebooked 2 week later..
this can go in any direction. might be epic - or might be a total waste of time.

well regarding UK I totally understand you situation. I wouldn't have bother either. too much trouble.

every country freaks out about this mutation of the virus. btw, whats the current status at the moment?

then brexit , Im not sure how much that affect travels but I guess it doesn't makes things go smoother.
Posted: 2021-01-20, 10:51 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
The situation in the UK is quite depressing.
Some hospitals are beyond capacity.
Hard lockdowns are in place at least till sometime in Feb.
Numbers are coming down, but they are still massive. More than 33k new cases today.
Supplies of the vaccine seem to be reducing too???
Despite this, there are more and more people not giving a fuck about masks, social distancing or any other restrictions.
I get out once a week for some shopping.

Attachments
98340E8E-8602-4604-87BF-C1D272A6D4F7.jpeg
98340E8E-8602-4604-87BF-C1D272A6D4F7.jpeg [ 432.58 KiB ]

Posted: 2021-01-20, 11:54 pm

averagejoe
hmm that doesn't look good. I hope you all are well...
Posted: 2021-01-21, 2:27 am

ams2020dam
Shinken69 wrote:
The situation in the UK is quite depressing.
Some hospitals are beyond capacity.
Hard lockdowns are in place at least till sometime in Feb.
Numbers are coming down, but they are still massive. More than 33k new cases today.
Supplies of the vaccine seem to be reducing too???
Despite this, there are more and more people not giving a fuck about masks, social distancing or any other restrictions.
I get out once a week for some shopping.

Im the same only out for essentials.
I follow the rules.
4 of my family have caught covid all ok thankfully.
Was because one nephew was seeing his girl and her mum got covid.
If you abuse covid you increase your risk.

I think this year is a no go for travel if you do it wont be the same.My next holiday when it comes is going to be a good one.
Posted: 2021-01-21, 5:38 pm

funfor2houston
We haven’t been shut down as bad as y’all . We still go to the store also go to the gym . Most restaurants and bars have limiting protocols . Our governor says we will not shut down again . Numbers go up daily but recoveries are very good too. We are scheduled for next Wednesday to get the first vaccine shot.
 [ 16 posts ] 

Jump to: