Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 75 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: Amsterdam RLD to be sent packing...
Posted: 2021-02-11, 7:32 pm

grimnul Power Kat
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Shinken69 wrote:
hermogalegin wrote:
I hope this joke ends once and can make normally money again and travel, the adult entertainment sector is terribly down since a year already.

How many favourites will have gone home, never to return???
This is a big concern of mine. Most of my favorites had a foot out the door already, Simona was gone though apparently had come back a few times, Veronica had said it was likely her last year, Aliza was apparently stopping a few days after my last trip. I don’t suppose they’ll come back now. Or who knows? Maybe they’ll need the money? But yeah, I’ve accepted that if I do go back, I’ll likely need to find all new ladies to see.
Posted: 2021-02-11, 7:53 pm

paolo2
Charlie B. (not to be confused with Cardi B) knew our our pain in this regard:

Like a poor profligate who sucks and bites
the withered breast of some well-seasoned trull
we snatch in passing at clandestine joys
and squeeze the oldest orange harder yet
Posted: 2021-02-11, 10:09 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
I’m always confusing Cardi B with Baudelaire.

La Fleurs du Mal is certainly apt for Amsterdam.
Or....... Pinocchio’s Pleasure Island. (8~>)

Posted: 2021-02-12, 8:08 am

paolo2
Yes, apt to both! Baudelaire also mourned the changes in his favorite city-

Old Paris is gone (no human heart
changes half so fast as a city's face)...

Paris changes...But in sadness like mine
nothing stirs- new buildings, old
neighborhoods turn to allegory
and memories weigh more than stone
Posted: 2021-02-18, 3:09 am

lilji
I guess if it's 3.5 - 10 years after a location has been found then it's a good while off. It will take a while to find somewhere in the first place. It may take so long that it eventually falls through too, or other priorities get in the way.

I wonder if other places will try to grab the punting reputation away from Amsterdam?
Posted: 2021-02-21, 7:12 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
lilji wrote:
I guess if it's 3.5 - 10 years after a location has been found then it's a good while off. It will take a while to find somewhere in the first place. It may take so long that it eventually falls through too, or other priorities get in the way.

I wonder if other places will try to grab the punting reputation away from Amsterdam?

Hmm, look at what happened to the Utrecht windows.
Closed down to be relocated for similar reasons.
The new location has never materialised, years later.

Posted: 2021-02-22, 10:24 am

averagejoe
some articles about the subject.

I follow this former sex worker on twitter. she writes very good on the subject. She also runs Red Light United (I think its some kind of organisation or union for RLD girls).

article from a UK magazine
https://www.dazeddigital.com/life-cultu ... relocation

and her blog:

(please use google translate).
https://redlightunited.wordpress.com/20 ... oscentrum/
Posted: 2021-02-23, 7:04 pm

Shinken69 Power Kat
It looks like the same thing is afoot in The Hague.
The Hague

Both RLDs to be relocated to some wasteland, between train tracks, 10 mins East of Geleenstraat.

FUCK!

Posted: 2021-02-25, 10:08 pm

IQ
Shinken69 wrote:
It looks like the same thing is afoot in The Hague.
The Hague

First they talk about "safe" and "clean". By the end of the list they finally get to their point.

the article wrote:
the municipality is looking for a new place where:
more likely to stop sex work.

Such fucking hypocrites.

the article wrote:
the municipality will investigate how it can furnish Doubletstraat and Geleenstraat when there is no longer any window prostitution there. There are already several ideas, but no fixed plans yet.

Translation: the commercial developers are already rubbing their hands together and instructing the pols what to do.

I find the picture astonishing. If a place as attractive as that ever gets built under the direction of the municipality, I will eat my hat. Also, if they think this plan has half a chance of success they would build the center first and naturally the business would go there. I'm actually a little surprised that a corporation like Hustler used to be hasn't developed a sex center on this scale. Each kamer in the AMS RLD generates something close to €10,000 per month. That seems like a reasonable business opportunity for a real estate developer.

inline image
Posted: 2021-02-26, 12:34 am

Anglofil
De Wallen RLD is a point of cultural and historical interest, and therefor should be protected like you protect a grade 1 listed building or the pyramids of Egypt.
Maybe the politicians of Amsterdam dont know the history of the RLD.
Posted: 2021-02-27, 10:01 pm

paolo2
This article from VICE World News (now around two weeks old) has some good content on the issue from the sex worker's viewpoint-

Sex Workers Are Not Happy with the Plans for Amsterdam's Red Light District

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgqkw4/ ... kers-moved

One lady pointed out that their visibility from the windows is an advantage when it comes to safety, and fosters a sense of community among them. The police and social workers regularly stop by; also, the ladies keep an eye out for each other, and share information. She also observed that confining sex work to a walled off building out of sight would reinforce the stigma attached to it, making it harder for people to think of it as a profession deserving of respect.

Quirine Lengkeek, the chairwoman of SekswerkExpertise (described as a network of sex workers, advocates and researchers) is quoted as having said that sex worker's voices were largely marginalized during the Amsterdam City Council's decision making process. This confirms some earlier news accounts, which indicated that some city council members thought that sex workers input on this issue had been inadequate.

The working ladies are a major economic asset to the city (whether the local yokels want to admit it or not); it was unfair that their views were given little weight. The reformers' alleged concerns for improving sex worker's safety are disingenuous.
Posted: 2022-01-25, 10:07 pm

CookieSausage
Could I PM to ask you about your experience with society service?
Posted: 2022-02-02, 3:04 pm

PWatt88
Does anyone know what happened to the favourite Simona?
Posted: 2022-02-02, 11:26 pm

Fazzer1991
She had retired I believe but some unconfirmed reports she was back at Stoofsteeg. Description didn't complete match so guess not her - but good luck in finding her! I'd be surprised if she was back after the last month's of issues; even if retirement wasn't accurate she had said the end was a close a few times. Shame
Posted: 2022-02-03, 12:00 am

dorps
Yes she had been saying since 2019 that she was going to leave but kept coming back / extending her stay.

As the previous poster says, there were reports that she was there last summer.

Given we are now almost 3 years on from when she first indicated she wanted to leave, i would be very surprised if she is still there.

An important point is that there were several reports that her service was deteriorating. I appreciate some will have good memories of her.
 [ 75 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: