Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 47 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: It is open! The girls, the windows!!! Finally
Posted: 2021-06-07, 10:37 pm

averagejoe
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
if that question was directed to me, I found out from that map I posted 2weeks ago above here in this thread. You could follow the debate on twitter or in the local dutch press. there are plenty of info.

twitter has this auto translate function which is good for non dutch speakers

check this account for an example. very active about the subject. you can link yourself further if you want to go deeper. there are plenty of accounts if interested.
https://twitter.com/mvdbeer

---------------------------
off topic but still about the re opening

this account is writing mostly about the the Belgian scene

"disinfect hands on arrival, keep 1.5 m away when making an appointment at the window, stay home with complaints and sex worker provides customer with fresh mouth cap at entrance."

https://twitter.com/handicapenseks/stat ... 0758895620

hahahaha doesn't seems to be worth it if you ask me....
Posted: 2021-06-08, 12:45 am

dorps
averagejoe wrote:
if that question was directed to me, I found out from that map I posted 2weeks ago above here in this thread. You could follow the debate on twitter or in the local dutch press. there are plenty of info.

twitter has this auto translate function which is good for non dutch speakers

check this account for an example. very active about the subject. you can link yourself further if you want to go deeper. there are plenty of accounts if interested.
https://twitter.com/mvdbeer

I was actually asking theoned who posted last week with specific dates on the permanent closures.

Thanks I’ll have a look at Twitter.
Posted: 2021-06-08, 1:36 am

grimnul Power Kat
Seems like the window owners were probably having a bad time with no ladies working and the government took the opportunity to make them an offer they couldn’t refuse, so to speak.
Posted: 2021-06-08, 1:30 pm

dorps
grimnul wrote:
Seems like the window owners were probably having a bad time with no ladies working and the government took the opportunity to make them an offer they couldn’t refuse, so to speak.

Seems likely. Due to Covid, it may inadvertently be the start of the wider plan to close the whole place.

I visited that particular part of the RLD far more than the rest of it.
Posted: 2021-06-12, 9:40 am

averagejoe
UK is back on the red list again

That means
- 10 days of strict quarantaine with a 339Euro fine if not following.
https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/06/t ... ank-chief/

”... The cabinet has now pledged to look into setting up tougher checks on people in quarantine after MPs voted in favour of a D66 motion calling for the resumption of flight bans to be reconsidered.

Read more at DutchNews.nl:”

This can really change fast. Last week ’Sweden and other high risk countries’ was removed from the Red list. Now UK back on again.
Posted: 2021-06-13, 10:31 am

dorps
averagejoe wrote:
UK is back on the red list again

That means
- 10 days of strict quarantaine with a 339Euro fine if not following.
https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/06/t ... ank-chief/

”... The cabinet has now pledged to look into setting up tougher checks on people in quarantine after MPs voted in favour of a D66 motion calling for the resumption of flight bans to be reconsidered.

Read more at DutchNews.nl:”

This can really change fast. Last week ’Sweden and other high risk countries’ was removed from the Red list. Now UK back on again.

Thanks. The link you gave leads to another news article.

Here is the story:
https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/06/b ... m-tuesday/

The Netherlands, together with almost all other countries, don't appear to be going with a 'vaccine passport' system and giving an exemption to the quarantine requirement. I think the preliminary data in the UK indicates that those who are contracting the new variant of Covid-19 are relatively young people who haven't been fully vaccinated (both doses) - in other words the vaccines are working well against the new variant.

I think all countries are being cautious at the moment, but at some point, particularly with so many people vaccinated, they have to allow more freedom or bring in a 'covid passport' system if possible.
Posted: 2021-06-15, 1:29 am

Melons
dorps wrote:
averagejoe wrote:
Sint Annestraat was closed last september when I was there. Every window.

I think (but Im not sure) that some windows are now closed due to My Redlight went bankrupt
please use google translate http://www.myredlight.nl

however, I dont know if someone else are taking of their windows or if they go to other businesses..

I was there only a few weeks before you, at the end of July, and there were 4 or 5 windows open on Sint Annenstraat at that time, including the well known Simona working there. Perhaps the September closure you refer to was simply nobody working on that day.

Anyhow, I think we’ll have a better picture in a few weeks of how many windows are permanently closed.

Does Simona do deepthroat and if so, what is the number and street she works on?

Thank you
Posted: 2021-06-15, 12:00 pm

dorps
Melons wrote:
dorps wrote:

I was there only a few weeks before you, at the end of July, and there were 4 or 5 windows open on Sint Annenstraat at that time, including the well known Simona working there.

Does Simona do deepthroat and if so, what is the number and street she works on?

Thank you

My post was on spotting her last July - almost 1 year ago. I've no idea if she is working now. She returned unexpectedly last July as she had said she was leaving permanently. We are now 1 more year down the road so there's a good chance she may no longer be around.

Another post has also reported that those windows on Sint Annenstraat (where I saw her) are closed now. Anyhow, she was moving around a fair bit.

I had commented previously that her service appeared to be going downhill, perhaps in the knowledge that she would soon be leaving permanently; a couple of her regulars agreed that this was entirely believable. I think I only saw her once but there are a few Simona regulars on this site who can advise whether she deepthroats. Personally, I think the days of getting great service from her may be long gone.
Posted: 2021-06-16, 1:27 pm

glasgowguy_69
Ok so I've just read through this thread and trying to make sense of it. Am I right in saying that this whole area of the RLD, including La Vie en Rose will be permanently closed? That it's gone forever? If so, this is major. This is and was by far the best part of the RLD. This is a game -changer and I've been going to Amsterdam long enough to see the changes over the years.

Posted: 2021-06-16, 1:42 pm

dorps
glasgowguy_69 wrote:
Ok so I've just read through this thread and trying to make sense of it. Am I right in saying that this whole area of the RLD, including La Vie en Rose will be permanently closed? That it's gone forever? If so, this is major. This is and was by far the best part of the RLD. This is a game -changer and I've been going to Amsterdam long enough to see the changes over the years.

Basically, yes. I agree it is big news - this is the part of the RLD I have visited the most and until Covid struck i still had a couple of regulars there.

I think I've seen reference somewhere else that La Vie en Rose may not be closing, but the rest of the area will. Anyhow, it seems as though the whole of the De Wallen part of the Amsterdam RLD is planned to be closed at some point, so closing this area fits nicely with their wider plan.
Posted: 2021-06-16, 9:39 pm

averagejoe
i think La Vie en Rose will be open , at least for now. also some windows at trompetersteeg s according to that new map posted earlier in this thread.

the red marked windows will be closed for good.
Posted: 2021-06-17, 2:20 pm

glasgowguy_69
Ok, while being far from ideal, its not the doomsday scenario i had in my head reading over the thread for the 1st time where i thought every window in the area was closed for good. Theres a lot of red on that map that have been closed a good while now, eg Goldbergersteed (which i loved walking down and circling back on myself at the bottom).

Posted: 2021-06-24, 9:48 am

averagejoe
so no one has been to the NL yet with a first hand report?
Posted: 2021-06-24, 4:56 pm

Lucas3
Will be visiting NL in 2 weeks and will let you all know how many windows are open. Netherlands officials are saying that starting July 1st they will give free covid testing for all tourists through end of August.
Posted: 2021-06-30, 5:16 pm

averagejoe
even more countries are added to the NL safe country list from july 1st.

https://www.government.nl/topics/corona ... list-entry

things are going in the right direction. Let's hope we wont see any backfire with the new delta variant.
Posted: 2021-06-30, 6:57 pm

tom999
Thanks Joe.

For the good news.

//Tom.
Posted: 2021-07-05, 9:15 am

averagejoe
bad news this week.
numbers in NL are going up again....

If one is planning to go, it might be good to go now the week.... later on this month it could go back into more restrictions.

hahahaha this is as exciting as the Europeans ( E cup football/soccer for you in the US) at the moment. you never know how things are going from week to week.

from the article:
"...That moving average has risen to its highest point in 14 days. Preliminary data from the RIVM also showed that about 3.8 percent of those tested by the GGD were diagnosed with the coronavirus infection. Should that number rise above 4 percent for a consistent period, the Netherlands will return entirely back to the orange or red warning level from the European Union, which could be mean more travel restrictions for people traveling from the Netherlands to another EU country."

https://nltimes.nl/2021/07/05/covid-pos ... st-results
Posted: 2021-07-05, 9:16 pm

dorps
Some good news for Uk residents wanting to visit Netherlands; there will be no need to quarantine when returning to the UK even though Netherlands is on UK’s amber list, if you have been double vaccinated.

Unfortunately, entry to Netherlands still requires a mandatory quarantine as Uk is on the ‘very high risk’ Netherlands list, even if double vaccinated.

Overall, it’s sadly still not possible to go but let’s hope the situation in the Netherlands improves although I did see the link in the other thread about cases rising.

My own view is if you’ve been double vaccinated, let us come the fuck in!!
Posted: 2021-07-07, 5:04 pm

Rex
really hoping to head across from the UK soon!

Really missed the place! just dont know when everything will be green again so i dont have to isolate on return.

The UK is now completely reopening from the 19th July.... but im not sure what that means for international travel, especially since we left the EU, its really putting a dent in my travel plans!
Posted: 2021-07-08, 5:38 pm

dorps
Rex wrote:
really hoping to head across from the UK soon!

Really missed the place! just dont know when everything will be green again so i dont have to isolate on return.

The UK is now completely reopening from the 19th July.... but im not sure what that means for international travel, especially since we left the EU, its really putting a dent in my travel plans!

I really miss the place as well! Got serious withdrawal symptoms - before Covid I was used to going every 6-8 weeks for a few years. It's now 1 year since my last visit.

The good news is the UK have today announced that from 19 July, if you've been double vaccinated, you can visit countries on their amber list (e.g. Netherlands) without needing to quarantine upon return. In other words, if you've been double vaccinated, you can visit green and amber list countries without quarantine when back home:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57763173

Basically, international travel will depend on which list a country is in (green, amber, red).

There are a couple of things to bear in mind:

1. You will still need covid tests when travelling to green and amber list countries, which will add cost to the trip.

2. A country could be moved from amber to red fairly quickly, leaving you hurrying to get back home. I don't think it will be an issue for many of us visiting Amsterdam from the UK, as most of us go on short trips. I only stay 2 nights every time i visit. But it could affect you if you book a longer holiday to another country.

As soon as i see news of the Netherlands removing their entry restrictions, I'll be on the first flight out!
 [ 47 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: