Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Flying from the UK to Amstedam.
Posted: 2021-08-22, 12:32 pm

allwrighty2
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi guys, I'm a regular visitor the Dam but not been since pre covid.
I am just wondering how smooth the process is at the moment with testing etc when travelling through Schiphol, is it chaotic or is passing through quite easy ?

Any updates from anyone who has travelled recently much appreciated
Re: Flying from the UK to Amsterdam.
Posted: 2021-08-24, 11:22 pm

kal77uk
I wouldn't go, there is a quarantine process in place for Brits.

Also the KM target Brits to meet the non-EU entry criteria, there are "3rd country nationals" and "3rd country nationals from the UK" they do make that difference-be warned.

AMS RLD is pants anyway, parts of it have closed and wont re-open. Even before COVID there was little action until evening, daytime is for youtubers and snappers.
Re: Flying from the UK to Amstedam.
Posted: 2021-08-25, 3:19 pm

IQ
Passed through last month from outside the Schengen area. Didn't have to show any papers on arrival at Schiphol other than my passport — not even the pre-registration document the Netherlands govt said tourists should carry with them at all times.
Posted: 2021-09-19, 11:41 pm

dorps
Good news - from midnight this Wednesday (22 September) fully vaccinated travellers from the UK no longer have to quarantine on arrival in the Netherlands. In other words, entry is finally open for UK visitors!

I'm keen to see for myself just how many closures there are, and to visit one or two privehuis' that I went to regularly! checking flights and hotels now...
Posted: 2021-11-01, 9:58 am

rollmech
Travelled through Schiphol last night from UK, really easy experience had to go through manned passport booth rather than auto ones, passport got stamped no other checks at all, I have every bit of paper I might need on phone in case. From leaving plane to exiting central station was 40 mins which is on par will pre COVID visits, I only carry hand luggage
Posted: 2021-11-02, 2:14 pm

dorps
rollmech wrote:
Travelled through Schiphol last night from UK, really easy experience had to go through manned passport booth rather than auto ones, passport got stamped no other checks at all, I have every bit of paper I might need on phone in case. From leaving plane to exiting central station was 40 mins which is on par will pre COVID visits, I only carry hand luggage

Nice to hear the smooth exit through Schipol and hope you are having a good trip. I'm going in a couple of weeks, had to cancel my booking in October but looking forward to getting out there.
Posted: 2021-11-02, 7:06 pm

rollmech
Nice to hear the smooth exit through Schipol and hope you are having a good trip. I'm going in a couple of weeks, had to cancel my booking in October but looking forward to getting out there.[/quote]

Am having a very good time, catching up with few regulars, have seen lot of faces I recognise, girls that had their rooms closed seem to all be on stoof. Ella in her usual room service as good as ever, Lucia who was on tromp is over by new bridge service as good as ever. Definitely worth a trip.
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: