Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 10 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
New restrictions in NL
Posted: 2021-11-05, 5:02 pm

geordie44
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi All, i hear there have been some new restrictions re imposed in NL such as face masks and 1.5m distancing?
Can anyone confirm this is correct, and does that mean that the windows are a closure casualty?
Re: New restrictions in NL
Posted: 2021-11-05, 6:09 pm

rollmech
Windows are open, I was there yesterday, don't think there any imminent closures of windows. My understanding is face masks in public buildings, airport, train stations, they were mandatory on public transport, everyone was wearing them on trams, metro and trains, covid passes will be needed in all restuarants, bars even on terraces, this was hit or miss on checking this week, seemed to accept uk travel covid passes, there scanners wouldn't recognise uk Q code, some want to see passport for id. Face masks for sex workers won't be required.
From my experience this week RLD very much as it was but less rooms in use, daytime quieter, night time good selection of girls available.
Go and enjoy!
Posted: 2021-11-05, 7:02 pm

geordie44
Thanks, much appreciated

No problems getting into NL through security without any tests if double jabbed?

I believe we need to pre book a 2 day test when returning to uk, and a locator form for time in NL

Correct?
Posted: 2021-11-06, 12:32 am

rollmech
No problem getting in to NL.
When checking in for flight in uk, checked that I had covid vaccination travel passes (showing each vaccination) to get boarding card, then not asked for it again Had quarantine form showing your exempt as vaccinated on my phone but was never asked to see it.
Getting through Schipol really easy, slightly slower than before due to not being able to go through self service passport machine.
Just need quarantine form to show you're exempt from quarantine in NL due to vaccination, didn't have to show it.
Passenger locator form for return to uk which has to be filled out within 48 hrs of your return to uk. you can fill some of it out before you go it needs to have your return day 2 lateral flow test reference on it. That was checked & covid travel passes check at check in at Schiphol before you got your boarding pass.
It was all much easier than I imagined it would be. Schiphol seem to have it really well organised,
I travel from Southampton airport which is small so always easy to get through.
Posted: 2021-11-08, 11:55 pm

Betad
Do people from the UK need a negative test to enter the Netherlands?
Posted: 2021-11-09, 9:56 am

rollmech
Yes PCR within 48 hrs of arrival or lateral flow within 24 hrs of arrival they are checked before boarding card is issued
Posted: 2021-11-09, 11:34 am

geordie44
Really - ive not seen anything that says you need a pcr or any other test to get into NL if you are and can show full vaccination?
This from the NL gov site

You must show a negative COVID-19 test result if you are travelling to or returning to the Netherlands from:

a COVID-19 risk area in the EU/Schengen and you can’t show proof of vaccination or recovery (the EU Digital COVID Certificate, for example)
all countries/areas outside the EU/Schengen. You don't need a negative COVID-19 test if you travel from a high-risk or a safe country and you can show a proof of vaccination.

My reading is that the ONLY test you have to take for a NL trip if you are double jabbed, is the uk return 2 day test?
Posted: 2021-11-09, 7:34 pm

rollmech
geordie44 wrote:
Really - ive not seen anything that says you need a pcr or any other test to get into NL if you are and can show full vaccination?
This from the NL gov site

You must show a negative COVID-19 test result if you are travelling to or returning to the Netherlands from:

a COVID-19 risk area in the EU/Schengen and you can’t show proof of vaccination or recovery (the EU Digital COVID Certificate, for example)
all countries/areas outside the EU/Schengen. You don't need a negative COVID-19 test if you travel from a high-risk or a safe country and you can show a proof of vaccination.

My reading is that the ONLY test you have to take for a NL trip if you are double jabbed, is the uk return 2 day test?

UK is very high risk country. Initially I read same as you have. On NL GOV site read rules for VERY High Risk countries. I was there last week & had to take lateral flow test to get there
Posted: 2021-11-13, 11:33 pm

Randalf
It’s a strange business getting back into the UK though.

As when going out you can’t get a boarding pass from anywhere bar the checkin desk but for some reason they make you queue for quite a while in a very crowded area (not the best idea with Covid) before giving you a boarding pass and telling you the documentation will be checked the other side of security.

Not too sure why they couldn’t just issue the boarding pass if that was the point of the check in desk.
Posted: 2021-11-29, 6:42 pm

zoodude
Based on the latest restrictions as of Nov 29th, are the windows still open? I have a work trip scheduled to arrive in AMS on Dec 3rd and can deal with stores bars being closed at 5 pm, but I want the windows to be open. Are windows open by this weekend or not? Thanks, guys, for any info you can offer!
 [ 10 posts ] 

Jump to: