Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 3 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
The Good Ole Days of Cannabis Cup
Posted: 2021-11-25, 9:19 pm

420XXX
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Who on this board remembers going to Amsterdam every Thanksgiving Holliday to attend the Cannabis Cup back in the mid 2000's? What a great week of hanging with all types of cannabis fans. From the old school Pot heads to the current hi-tech peeps. The best strains back in the day for me were

Super Silver Haze - Greenhouse Centrum
King Hassan Hash - Greenhouse Centrum

Favorite Venues

Dampkring
Greenhouse Centrum
420 Cafe
Cafe Remember
Hunters

Missing those old days,,,most likely will never be the same.

Tot ziens
Re: The Good Ole Days of Cannabis Cup
Posted: 2021-11-30, 8:16 pm

jms
Great thread topic. Funny, your preferences almost mirror mine. I still love going to Dampkring on every visit, and Greenhouse Centrum will always hold a place in my heart. Joa Helms is by far one of the good guys in the industry; really cares about Mokum and his customers.

I really, really miss those days. Amsterdam was such a special place. I still hold it in high regard in a lot of ways, but it is not the same place of old (mid-90s to about 2012 or so for me). That was a great stretch of trips when everything just seemed so carefree and fun; when the windows were full and when Sylvana was still around (if any of you can remember her...Lord what a woman). There was always a new friend to be had or an unsuspecting surprise waiting around every turn. It was almost mystical in its charm and benevolence.

I still have almost unexplained, happenstance kind of experiences whenever I go, but things like removing the Cannabis Cup, Project 1012 with the closing of coffeeshops and the attempt at what was and still is essentially a real estate grab from the RLD, and now endless restrictions and God knows whatever other threats looming, it's somewhat of a shell of its former self. It's the price of change, I suppose. Regardless, that's the one thing nobody or nothing can take away from me so long as I'm lucid...the memories.
Re: The Good Ole Days of Cannabis Cup
Posted: 2021-12-01, 5:56 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Ha,

I still smoke the king Hassan. To me, it is the hash that all others are compared to.
I used to take 5g with me when I had dates with Sabrina in Antweerp.
Good enough for the girl that taught me how to roll hasj joints, good enough for me!

Hunter's is long gone, but the others remain in some form.
I used to hang at Anyday, on Spui, and miss it terribly.

getting old is painful, but it beats the alternative.

Weasel

[ 3 posts ] 

Jump to: