Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 23 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Covid rules in Amsterdam in February
Posted: 2022-01-07, 10:23 pm

Grassleaf
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I was pondering where to take a city-break in mid-February, and the idea of a few days in Amsterdam crossed my mind. However, I was wondering what the current rules there are given Covid-19 (I'm vaccinated) and whether things would be more relaxed by February. Ideally I'd like to visit a few tourist places, as well as smoke and to try some of the magic truffles, so this would not just be a query about the status of the RLD and places like Park 118.
Re: Covid rules in Amsterdam in February
Posted: 2022-01-08, 2:53 am

jms
Tough to tell at this point. The Netherlands have their current mandates in place until Jan. 15th, where they will revisit if they're going to ease restrictions or, God forbid, make things even worse (which I cannot imagine, but look at the world we're living in right now).
I was supposed to head there for 10 days in late-Feb., but the way things look coming out of The Netherlands, I will likely be canceling the trip in a week or so until some sense of normalcy and/or common sense can return. Amsterdam appears NOT to be the place to visit anytime soon, but I hope I'm wrong.
Keep checking the iAmsterdam and City of Amsterdam sites for the latest information and COVID restrictions updates after Jan 15. Good luck! We all need it at this point.
Posted: 2022-01-08, 9:58 am

rollmech
The other big restriction at the moment from the UK and I think USA, even if vaccinated, is the need to quarantine for 10 days, which can be reduced upon a day 5 test, so this makes trips impossible at moment. I'm booked for early Feb, fully cancellable, but expecting to have to rebook this trip. As many waiting for 14 Jan, when current situation is reviewed. Lets hope this year does get better
Posted: 2022-01-08, 2:21 pm

dorps
Good point about the mandatory quarantine. Irrespective of what they do with other things, the quarantine makes trips pointless.

I can't see them removing this when they update next week about the new rules after January 15th. If they do leave it in place, the next update likely wont be until February.
Posted: 2022-01-09, 12:04 pm

Grassleaf
Damn, thanks about the head's up on that front then guys, a ten day (or even 5 day quarantine) would take me well passed the handful of days off I have. Will probably wait until March/April when things will hopefully have eased up over there, and head to Edinburgh instead. Funny that Holland of all places is having such a rough time with the pandemic.
Posted: 2022-01-21, 11:02 pm

rodney
Anybody think pubs will be back open in amsterdam by mid march?
Posted: 2022-01-29, 7:49 pm

vaitape2
https://nltimes.nl/2022/01/29/temporary-covid-access-passes-soon-available-tourists-outside-eu

Maybe things are getting better for non-EU visitors starting soon.
Posted: 2022-01-30, 4:57 am

Eric
vaitape2 wrote:
https://nltimes.nl/2022/01/29/temporary-covid-access-passes-soon-available-tourists-outside-eu

Maybe things are getting better for non-EU visitors starting soon.

Helpful - Thank you!!! - a friend wants to fly in from the US to meet up in March, this removes a worry!

We're planning like crazy - hope it doesn't all blow-up - because it's getting fun again!!!

Cheers,

... Eric
Posted: 2022-01-30, 9:39 pm

Rogert
It’s getting too confusing.If you go before this is in place where do you get tested?
Posted: 2022-02-01, 10:43 am

busted
I'm looking forward to getting out to AMS at the end of Feb. From What GeorgeAmsterdam says on YouTube, I gather that my favourite haunts Trompettersteeg and Dollebegijnensteeg are now closed down, so I'm looking forward to sampling Singel (which I never knew existed until watching George's videos!) as well as getting out to the main Wallen area now they are open until 10pm.

As the best girls always seemed to me to be in Tromp and Dolleb pre-Covid, any recommendations on which are the streets that get the best looking girls in 2022?

How does Singel compare to Wallen for quality of the girls?

Thanks in advance.
Posted: 2022-02-01, 1:36 pm

averagejoe
busted wrote:
I'm looking forward to getting out to AMS at the end of Feb. From What GeorgeAmsterdam says on YouTube, I gather that my favourite haunts Trompettersteeg and Dollebegijnensteeg are now closed down, so I'm looking forward to sampling Singel (which I never knew existed until watching George's videos!) as well as getting out to the main Wallen area now they are open until 10pm.

As the best girls always seemed to me to be in Tromp and Dolleb pre-Covid, any recommendations on which are the streets that get the best looking girls in 2022?

Thanks in advance.

ok, you know that there is a third RLD in the Pijp also, dont you? def worth checking out if you are in town. check George's site for directions.
Posted: 2022-02-01, 8:37 pm

busted
Thanks,

Yes, I knew about that (again from George!) but de Pijp is too far out from the centre for me on a short trip. Interested to hear about Singel and also the best streets in de Wallen for 2022 though?
Posted: 2022-02-01, 9:56 pm

rollmech
busted wrote:

Thanks in advance.

When I was there in November last year the girls seemed to have moved to stoofsteeg (daytime girls) also saw faces I recognised from that area on oudekennisteeg at night time.

Le Vie en Rose is still open

Spuistraat 17-19 had the most choice in evenings in Singel area.

De Pijp definitely worth visit only short tram Ryde from Dam square to get there. I’ve had plenty of daytime fun at de Pijp.

I’m there next week so will be able to see how it is in all areas, I’ll update on here
Posted: 2022-02-02, 1:22 am

Rogert
Hope you don’t mind me asking where are you travelling from? Ive got trip lined up from UK but having second thoughts now
Posted: 2022-02-02, 8:47 am

rollmech
Rogert wrote:
Hope you don’t mind me asking where are you travelling from? Ive got trip lined up from UK but having second thoughts now

Travelling from uk .
Posted: 2022-02-02, 12:45 pm

Rogert
What documents do you need to travel there and back to UK.Do you need to show vaccinations to get into bars etc
Posted: 2022-02-02, 8:59 pm

rollmech
Rogert wrote:
What documents do you need to travel there and back to UK.Do you need to show vaccinations to get into bars etc

You need to show your nhs. COVID pass to check in for flight, take Lateral flow within 24 hrs of travelling , or PCR within 48 hrs, fill in Dutch quarantine form & keep that on you at all times,
Then fill out passenger locator form before you return to uk.
As I come back on 11 feb I won’t need to do day 2 test when I’m back in UK
I don’t tend to go into bars so not sure what you have to show, In November they wanted to see nhs COVID pass to get into restaurants, so expecting that to be same,if not I’m happy to just get takeaways.
Hope this helps,
Posted: 2022-02-03, 11:14 am

Rogert
Thanks for the replies.I don’t have to quarantine when I get there do I or have a PCR test when travelling back to UK?
Posted: 2022-02-03, 9:40 pm

rollmech
Rogert wrote:
Thanks for the replies.I don’t have to quarantine when I get there do I or have a PCR test when travelling back to UK?

My understanding is if your fully vaccinated including booster (3 jabs), you don’t have to quarantine, that rule changed this week.

If returning after 4 am on 11 February you don’t need to take any tests when back in uk
Posted: 2022-02-12, 2:04 pm

Betad
Does anyone know if there are any plans to drop the COVID test required prior to arrival in the Netherlands? I know this isn’t all countries but as I’m from the UK I need a negative pre-departure test as well as my proof of vaccinations.
 [ 23 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Jump to: