Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 29 posts ]  1, 2  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Current Situation
Posted: 2022-01-28, 11:02 pm

Betad
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Is anyone able to give an update on the current situation? Are there many girls/windows at the minute? Looking at a visit early Feb if there is anything left to visit for. Thanks in advance.
Re: Current Situation
Posted: 2022-02-02, 3:03 pm

PWatt88
I'm here now so will let you know later.
Posted: 2022-02-02, 5:51 pm

jms
Please do!
I postponed my trip for the middle of this month, but have rebooked for April. If you're in Stoofsteeg, please let me know what the Asian situation is like (or anywhere else). So much changes from month-to-month. Would be so appreciated!
Posted: 2022-02-02, 11:14 pm

Betad
Thank you PWatt88, we look forward to an update and hope you have a great trip.
Posted: 2022-02-05, 4:39 am

steven
This data is alarming: From the nltimes for Feb. 3, 2022 (I cannot post links):

Covid hospital total hits 3-week high; Average daily infections near 80,000
Hospitals in the Netherlands were treating 1,386 people with Covid-19, the LCPS said on Thursday. That was 14 more than on Wednesday afternoon, pushing the figure to its highest point since January 12. The hospital total has gone up six times in seven days, increasing by 23 percent in a week.

There were 218 Covid-19 patients in intensive care units, a net daily increase of three after accounting for new admissions, discharges, and deaths. The figure has gone up two consecutive days for the first time since the start of the month. The other 1,168 patients were in regular care wards, a net increase of 11.

-ADVERTENTIE-
Hospitals admitted 217 new patients with the disease since Wednesday afternoon, 16 of whom were sent directly to an intensive care unit. A total of 1,318 patients were admitted the past seven days, up 37 percent in a week. That includes a 46 percent increase in ICU patients, with 102 admitted during that period.

The RIVM recorded a total of 82,961 positive coronavirus tests between Wednesday and Thursday morning. That was the third highest total since the start of the pandemic, but well below the 40,000 below the record set on Monday.

That pushed the seven-day moving average up to 79,563, an all-time record. The average was 35 percent higher than last Thursday.

However there were still concerns about the accuracy of data released by the RIVM. The health institute and the GGD municipal health services were still behind on recording 113,000 positive coronavirus tests taken over the past 17 days. That backlog increased by 9,000 since Wednesday.

About 59.3 percent of those tested by the GGD between January 26 - February 1 were given a positive diagnosis for the coronavirus. The health service tested 143,627 people each of those seven days.

The three cities with the most new infections in the latest round of data were Amsterdam (4,127), Rotterdam (3,531), and The Hague (2,384).
Posted: 2022-02-05, 9:08 pm

averagejoe
steven wrote:
There were 218 Covid-19 patients in intensive care units, a net daily increase of three after accounting for new admissions, discharges, and deaths. The figure has gone up two consecutive days for the first time since the start of the month. The other 1,168 patients were in regular care wards, a net increase of 11.

hmm yes, it seems to go backwards again for NL?

well, 218 on intensive care of more than 17 million people. sounds rather few but what do I know.

Im curious how they fail every time . its been serval super hard lockdowns with curfew , and they are still struggling...
compare their data to similar european countries like Denmark , Sweden. Sweden has never gone into any lockdown. Still did better than most countries and also not fucked up their economy.
Covid is over both for Sweden and Denmark. well never say never, but at least regarding restrictions.
Posted: 2022-02-08, 11:50 am

Betad
Hi PWatt, how are things and are you able to give us an update?
Posted: 2022-02-08, 1:00 pm

PWatt88
Hey mate,

Sorry for the delay, work has been pretty mad.

Well, things are okay... but not great. I arrived into Amsterdam the day after the quarantine rule for the UK ended so things may well be busier now, but this was one of the quietest times that I've seen Amsterdam.

Quality / Selection of girls was okay but not a patch on what it used to be. The closure of the windows around Tromp etc is such a shame.

Having said that, some very pretty Eastern European girls on the lower end of OZA (Central station end).

50e appears to be the price just to get you through the door now. Probably best to budget 70e-100e for 20mins with a few positions now.

Any questions just let me know, when are you heading out? I'm out again next week but will probably try Den Haag.
Posted: 2022-02-08, 5:45 pm

Betad
Thanks for the update. I’ve not booked anything and did consider next week but I might wait a bit now.

What time is the RLD open to? I think I read it was closing early? How are the bars? Are there many open and I guess not many tourists?

Enjoy your next trip and hopefully things will pick up but sadly it sounds as though the want to kill off the RLD.
Posted: 2022-02-08, 5:58 pm

PWatt88
They do I'm afraid, Amsterdam has definitely lost some of its charm for me.

Windows seemed to close at 2200, the same as all pubs, bars, shops, restaurants etc.

Bars were still moderately busy and all required to see your COVID pass. I found it to be a lot quieter than normal though.

In a way though, it was quite nice to experience the city a little quieter. The RLD between 1900-2200 was still fairly busy.

Let me know if you end up going out next week, I'll probably spend one day in Den Haag and one day in Amsterdam.

Cheers,

Paul
Posted: 2022-02-08, 9:33 pm

Betad
Will do and thanks again for the updates
Posted: 2022-02-09, 6:33 pm

rollmech
Currently in Amsterdam, & have to agree that it’s very quiet everywhere, although I think there are slightly more tourists around as the week goes on. Restaurants, bars seem really quiet. It just seems very strange everywhere being quiet.
One positive is, rooms that changed ownership, around main canal are now available, when I was here last November they were waiting for permits.
Reasonable occupancy for current times, seems better after 3pm when night time girls seem to be starting though some only work to 8. Plenty of good lookers around.
3 girls I know have all said, they think rules may be eased next week allowing them to work till midnight. They are certainly hoping so, Dutchnews.nl seem to be saying rules may be eased, girls also think more tourists will be coming back now travel has eased, & people start to book trips.
Although this is a very different time to how things were, I think we’re seeing beginning of the end of COVID restrictions.
Posted: 2022-02-09, 7:44 pm

Betad
Hi rollmech, thanks for the update. Really appreciate the view from the ground. Still considering next week and hoping restrictions might start to ease and breathe a bit of life back into the area. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Posted: 2022-02-10, 8:32 pm

jms
Yes, thank you rollmech!
I have rebooked for the third week in April, hoping this greatly subsides; also waiting to see if the temporary COVID access passes for non-EU visitors really becomes a thing. It would go a long way in making things easier and more fun. Not being able to visit museums or a sporting event, or wonder if one will even be allowed inside a bar or restaurant really dampens the experience. I don't have to mention the curtailed hours of the RLD...that's bad enough.
Really appreciate your updates.
Posted: 2022-02-15, 6:14 pm

PWatt88
rollmech wrote:
Currently in Amsterdam, & have to agree that it’s very quiet everywhere, although I think there are slightly more tourists around as the week goes on. Restaurants, bars seem really quiet. It just seems very strange everywhere being quiet.
One positive is, rooms that changed ownership, around main canal are now available, when I was here last November they were waiting for permits.
Reasonable occupancy for current times, seems better after 3pm when night time girls seem to be starting though some only work to 8. Plenty of good lookers around.
3 girls I know have all said, they think rules may be eased next week allowing them to work till midnight. They are certainly hoping so, Dutchnews.nl seem to be saying rules may be eased, girls also think more tourists will be coming back now travel has eased, & people start to book trips.
Although this is a very different time to how things were, I think we’re seeing beginning of the end of COVID restrictions.

Hey,

Any more updates as to the windows staying open later than 8pm? I haven't read anything to this effect yet.

Cheers

Paul
Posted: 2022-02-16, 2:52 am

Eric
From a very reliable source, starting Friday (18th), the windows will be open until 1am.

The news came as a big relief; I'm visiting mid-March, and I really don't like going to bed at 8pm :-|

... Eric
Posted: 2022-02-16, 5:01 pm

PWatt88
God I hope your source is right!
Posted: 2022-02-16, 6:17 pm

humerouus3
The source is the NL government

"From Friday 18 February all locations in the Netherlands will be allowed to stay open until 01.00"
Posted: 2022-02-17, 12:22 am

Betad
Does anyone know if there are any changes to the entry requirements for the NL? Hoping they will drop the pre-departure test for visitors
Posted: 2022-02-19, 8:27 pm

busted
Hi gents

Amsterdam trip report to follow in a few days time ;-)
 [ 29 posts ]  1, 2  Next

Jump to: