Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 77 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Previous topic :: Next topic
This RLD is finished
Posted: 2022-07-27, 2:44 pm

angus1
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Having just returned from Amsterdam this weekend I sadly have come to the opnion that this RLD is finished.
Many of the old windows are either closed or have changed to cafés or bars. I estimate that less than 20% of windows have girls in them.
Even worse is the huge amount of tourists crowding through the streets, the volume of tourists is so great that marshals cordon off the entrance to some streets and enforce one way systems around the RLD, this of course means having to walk twice as far to get around mostly empty windows, also the huge crowds make it really awkward for punters to look at and talk to the girls.
I am so sad to see this, I've been visiting since about 1985.
Be interesting to hear other punters thoughts on this and can anyone see a way back.
Re: This RLD is finished
Posted: 2022-07-27, 5:22 pm

Rogert
That was only Saturday night it was like that.I must admit there weren’t many girls even though there were plenty of people.I don’t see the logic of closing the streets on the other side of the canal when you’re just cramming more and more people into a confined space.
Posted: 2022-07-27, 6:02 pm

algernon27
They just want to put it down little by little. I guess that's their logic.
Posted: 2022-07-27, 6:26 pm

dorps
angus1 wrote:
Having just returned from Amsterdam this weekend I sadly have come to the opnion that this RLD is finished.
Many of the old windows are either closed or have changed to cafés or bars. I estimate that less than 20% of windows have girls in them.
Even worse is the huge amount of tourists crowding through the streets, the volume of tourists is so great that marshals cordon off the entrance to some streets and enforce one way systems around the RLD, this of course means having to walk twice as far to get around mostly empty windows, also the huge crowds make it really awkward for punters to look at and talk to the girls.
I am so sad to see this, I've been visiting since about 1985.
Be interesting to hear other punters thoughts on this and can anyone see a way back.

I was there at the end of June over a weekend (including saturday night) and didn't find it as bad as you make out. Wasn't restricted from talking to any girls due to crowds.

Sure, the number of windows has reduced over the years, including the big closure near the church. But was still reasonable amount of girls. I'm guessing around 75 occupied windows on Saturday night, a considerable decline on 5 years ago, but enough to not think of it as dead.

Unfortunately i don't think more windows are going to be occupied. Ultimately the plan is to relocate the red light district.
Posted: 2022-07-27, 7:26 pm

Rogert
I was there on Saturday night and it was horrendously busy.Luckily I dived into a bar and had a few drinks.I hadn’t been for a couple of years but I still enjoyed my stay and will be back A.S.A.P
Posted: 2022-07-28, 4:24 am

Eric
My dear working girl friend is of the opinion that the weekend barricades are intentionally put in place to create the illusion that the streets are overcrowded; providing mayor Femke Halsema and her political cohorts, influenced by supporting wealthy landowners, justification for moving the Red Light District out away from the city center, thereby recklessly annihilating 600 years of living Dutch history.

If this is indeed the case, the right thing to do would be to politically protest the weekend barricades. I wouldn't know where to begin other than, perhaps, a letter to the editor of a respected newspaper.

... Eric
Posted: 2022-08-03, 1:10 am

Shadd6
Has anyone here been to Amsterdam very recently? I'd really like to know how "empty" RLD is, I assume there's always a high demand for it so they've gotta keep the businesses going.
Posted: 2022-08-03, 11:51 am

sparkydj86
I just arrived this morning so I’ll update you
Posted: 2022-08-03, 1:10 pm

Shadd6
I really hope De Wallen's RLD is still doing fine, after all I think it's a big part of Amsterdam's identity. I know they've been trying to tone it down over the years but I just know there's a lot of wealthy tourists that help out the area too.
Posted: 2022-08-03, 11:01 pm

Rogert
It’s pretty dead during the day until nighttime.Mind you I was sat in The Old Sailor getting drunk watching a girl in the window opposite now regretting not taking a punt.Somethings never change
Posted: 2022-08-04, 4:55 am

sparkydj86
So dayshift was quite disappointing it really was dead. Sexy land area is now almost completely gone apart from the indoor la vien rose which had 2 girls in it on the dayshift. Nighttime is better although a lot of windows remained empty! Plenty of tourists about.

I will be here until Friday night
Posted: 2022-08-04, 4:35 pm

Shadd6
Which area in particular were you at? De Wallen? I know there are other RLDs, I wonder if those got even worse.
Posted: 2022-08-04, 7:42 pm

sparkydj86
I am in De Wallen
Posted: 2022-08-16, 8:55 am

Dinodina
It's not going great for de Wallen to be honest. Less girls, different girls. I kind of walk through them for nostalgia and occasionally spending some time with a girl. But these days I some times walk through to a brothel. Which is kinda different.
Posted: 2022-08-16, 7:48 pm

meap2066
Is it really that bad? Should I cancel my trip? I am flying in from US to Adam for a week.
Posted: 2022-08-16, 10:31 pm

pw999
meap2066 wrote:
Is it really that bad? Should I cancel my trip? I am flying in from US to Adam for a week.

That depends on what you are aiming for.
Posted: 2022-08-17, 12:35 am

Rogert
It’s not what it used to be that’s for sure but well worth a visit.I’d go back in a heartbeat.A very beautiful city
Posted: 2022-08-17, 1:10 am

meap2066
I’m making this week long trip in first week of October. Goal is to get with as many ladies as I can. EE with fake assets are fine with me.
Posted: 2022-09-14, 9:40 pm

pietje69
Main RLD is over for me, prices have gone up from 50-100 to 100+-200 and not worth the risk that i end up paying for a '6' for service now all my regular girls from pre-corona are gone. Prefer the other smaller area 'Singel' where i find the 'old' feeling for RLD. Otherwise the Ruysdaelkade seems ok as well. Jullia @ Oude Nieuwstraat 22b my favorite lady to visit for best quality/price.

For up to date reviews you can check site: Girlsreview
Posted: 2022-09-22, 2:52 am

hoogy
Eric wrote:
My dear working girl friend is of the opinion that the weekend barricades are intentionally put in place to create the illusion that the streets are overcrowded; providing mayor Femke Halsema and her political cohorts, influenced by supporting wealthy landowners, justification for moving the Red Light District out away from the city center, thereby recklessly annihilating 600 years of living Dutch history.

If this is indeed the case, the right thing to do would be to politically protest the weekend barricades. I wouldn't know where to begin other than, perhaps, a letter to the editor of a respected newspaper.

... Eric

Do the barricades project holograms of thousands of people walking through the area?
 [ 77 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: