Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 31 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Re: With the US vs Euro exchange rate the way it is...
Posted: 2004-12-18, 7:06 pm

oidar
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. 
I work for a German company. There are mad euros being spent in the US, North Carolina impaticular. Commercial real estate is disappearing. Frieghtliner owned by Daimler Chrysler is making 300 million dollars of renovations to it's facilties outside of Charlotte. Freightliner is backordered for like the next 5 or 6 years. They can already build almost 200 trucks a day. Thats alot of money going back to Germany. Just because hookers cost more does not mean the weak dollar is all that bad. At least i dont get paid in pesos.
Posted: 2004-12-18, 7:33 pm

El Burro
all power to the mighty euro!

love it....

Posted: 2006-08-01, 12:58 am

linyjo
Coming from the US, Amsterdam is not any more expensive than any other major European destination.
East coast flights run about 750 USD. I rented a two bedroom apartment in center of centre for 625 Euro for 5 nights. Combined flight and 1/2 apartment (2 bedroom-travel bud pays other 1/2) is 1,148 USD. Breaks down to $229 per night for flight and apartment.

How can anyone say that is out of linw with any other overseas travel?

You can't get a decent hotel for a night in NYC for $229 and that doesn't include the flight. Plus we stay in an apartment with kitchen/living room instead of just a room. Even the entertainment is on par for price. A trip to the RLD cost you around 50, the same or less than admission to an amusement park in US. (where they sell $5 sodas and $3 bottle of water.)

There is no doubt that tourist cities like AMS can be costly but ALL tourist cities are costly. It just matters what kind of fun your looking for. If you think a trip for $229 a night for air+hotel is too expensive, you probably can't afford to travel.

Posted: 2006-08-01, 8:50 pm

aldo
Hey cdalrym,

Calm down a bit, please...

You are right saying that the USD is undervalued compared to the EURO.

I agree with part of your 'economical' analysis too.

But I dislike the feeling coming out of your argumentation, sort of American superiority !

I assume You are american...

Calm down a bit please !

Don't forget You give dealth penalty to people and You are the biggest pollution maker in the World...

...and respect your ancestors !
Posted: 2006-08-02, 4:44 am

Mako
When I donate $2-300 to a provider here in Miami, I think in the back of my head that money is about 1/3 of the plane ticket to the place I really want to be.

it was honor and offer.
Posted: 2006-08-02, 5:38 am

soylent Power Kat
"When I donate $2-300 to a provider here in Miami, I think in the back of my head that money is about 1/3 of the plane ticket to the place I really want to be."

Amen to that.
Posted: 2006-08-02, 5:48 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Hey Aldo...

You point out the death penalty as if it is obviously a bad thing. That's an issue open for debate! By assuming that of course America is wrong you, in turn, project a sort of European superiority. ooops!

Anyway, the post you are responding to is over a year and a half old.
Posted: 2006-08-02, 5:59 am

linyjo
Hey ALDO

You calm down and stop trying to turn this into a us versus them discussion. It's a conversation you will always lose.

It is way too east to throw things out there like you did. The death penalty and pollution? That's your big beef? Get real. I have no problem with a death penalty that rids our society of serial killers and baby killers. I suppose you would try to rehab such a person but that is just piling insanity on top of insanity.

Pollution? It is easy not to pollute when you don't produce anything! When you are a country of our size, with the industrial base we have, it is an inevitable conclusion. Should more be done to curb it and protect the enviroment? Of course and it is being addressed, like many other problems large countries face. To think that we just sit around and piss in the ocean is simply uniformed.

We can sling arrows back and forth but that seems pointless. I could say lets have a moral conversation about your selling of whores and drugs legaly in city centers but I won't. I could mention the long-term unemployment, particularly among ethnic minorities but I won't. I could mention the high rate of violence against women but I won't. I could ask why government officials are being assassinated in the streets but I won't. I could point out that you can't walk down the street of your capitol without being pestered but strung out drug dealers and $5 hookers but I won't.

I won't say those things because we are here to make new friends and share information about the party that is RLD. I won't say those things because any intelligent adult can deduce for himself that a citizen doesn't make the policy of the country, he just lives it. The policies of your government is not decided by you and neither is mine decided by me.

To sit in one of the smallest countries in the world, with your head in the sand or in bong and be critical of the countries that fight and die so you can live in peace, is........ very dutch I guess.

Posted: 2006-08-02, 6:18 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
To be fair the Dutch have fought and died in Afganistan, and have been good US allies in other times as well.

Let's just note there is the occasional nationalistic overreaching by all...cool it a bit...and move on.

cheers, Neurosynth
Posted: 2006-08-02, 6:22 am

neurosynthPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I see that as of today one Euro will cost me $1.30. Ouch!
Posted: 2006-08-02, 9:31 am

withnail Power Kat
To sit in one of the smallest countries in the world, with your head in the sand or in bong and be critical of the countries that fight and die so you can live in peace, is........ very dutch I guess.

ok, enough total crap for one day. post locked. user banned. stay in the 'land of the free', fool.

withnail
 [ 31 posts ]  Previous  1, 2

Jump to: