Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Still searching...
Posted: 2005-04-18, 1:41 am

tryinitout
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Looked into the houseboat idea (Phildutch?), but was booked for that time and the Botel is out because they are not 420 friendly. Also checked in on the Ibis Stopera (sp?), but that was booked too. Looks like Crowne Plaza is out. Anything else I should look into? Thanks again!

It seems everyone has had one REALLY bad experience in each hotel I check. The ones that don't have bad reviews(as searched at TripAdvisor--thanks for the link btw), are way out of my price range(gotta save up for the trip to BKK in July) or just too damn far away from the action.
Re: Still searching...
Posted: 2005-04-18, 5:58 am

heynow1210
Do a search on this site and you'll pull up many threads on hotel recommendations.
Check this out...
Posted: 2005-04-18, 6:07 am

SunLover
I checked bookings.nl for your dates, May 5th - 9th.

Was getting mighty discouraged until I saw the NH Barbizon Palace. Excellent 5* across from Centraal Station. Marble lobby/business center/room service type hotel. Convienent location. 3 minute walk to the main RLD. Plenty of restaurants in the area. I have stayed there a couple of times and smoking was not a problem (ask for a smoking room, keep the window open, ect). Standard double room was 600E for the 4 nights + 5% taxes.

Not cheap to be sure. But considering the season, along with your budget and requirements, this was the best value for money to be found.

SunLover
Re: Check this out...
Posted: 2005-04-18, 5:42 pm

tryinitout
I'll check that one out...thanks!

So if you had to choose between the Kras and Barbizon, which one would you pick?

Kras is 650 euro, Barbizon is 600euro for same time.
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: