Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
the best Apartments?
Posted: 2005-04-20, 12:09 am

JBIG
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
I was planning on using The Amsterdam House for getting an apartment, but thought I would ask here if there are any better places I shoudl try. It sure would be nice to have a great view from our window and a good location etc.

I have stayed in The Amsterdam House's houseboats 2 times, and they were very nice but there was a question about having some small items possibly stolen from our room when they were changing our sheets or something. All in all, we were in such a state we couldn't really be sure what happened, so we gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed we lost the stuff somehow, but we were not sure of that either.

The houseboats were in an OK location, on the Amstel kinda near the Hotel de Europe etc. Had nice rooms, a TV and a couple stereos. The one thing I didn't like, was the rocking of the boat when other boats passed by, that made me nautious. Our view was OK and the location was OK, but the price was a little high and the actual place was just a bit above average but not much. All in all it was a decent place to stay but I am sure there must be better. I do like the look of their apartment in the pictures, but who knows what it will actually be like and where.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks
Jeremy
Re: the best Apartments?
Posted: 2005-04-20, 3:22 pm

maxusa
Check out the web site of simply amsterdam. They have several apartments on OZV in the heart of the RLD. I usually stay in an apartment across from the Old Church...excellent location.
Posted: 2005-04-20, 4:11 pm

Craig
I've stayed in apartments at the Krasnapolsky and Amsterdam Escape. The Kras apartments are the best value I've seen in my frequent trips to the Dam. The only negative is the minimum stay is 7 nights (although one of my friends got them down to 5 nights). Many overlook OZ Voorburgwal canal and are right in the center of the Old Side of Amsterdam.

Amsterdam Escape has some very unique/retro style apartments. Most offer a good view of Kloveniersburgwal canal and are located right at Niewmarkt. The guy who runs Escape (Brendan) is open to negotiating so look for around a 10% discount off the listed price.

Good luck with your search.
Posted: 2005-04-20, 5:47 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I stayed here in March, http://www.internationalrentals.com/vie ... perty.html Great location, crawling distance to the RLD. Will sleep up to 8 people, share the cost with friends. I found it cheaper than the hotels in the long run. Nice people that own it, Maybe they will cut you a deal. Good luck...................COOTER

Posted: 2005-04-20, 7:23 pm

JBIG
well, there are only 2 of us, so I think that may be too large
but I will check out all the suggestions, thanks so much!
Posted: 2005-04-20, 11:51 pm

JBIG
wow those sites are great! I see Amsterdam Escape is almost all booked up!
Amazing! I have never been during this time, so I guess I should expect it to be a bit more busy yeah?
Posted: 2005-04-21, 8:04 pm

JBIG
Question about the Kras apartments.

It looks like they are available, but where exactly are they?
and how do I know I will guaranteed have one when I arrive???

is there any way to exchange email with the hotel to ask questions etc.??

could someone who has stayed there please give a example of their experience, what to do and what not?

thank you
 [ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: