Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 4 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hotel De Koopermoolen and Hotel De Mallemoolen
Posted: 2005-04-21, 6:39 pm

papawhiteheadSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hi, can anyone recommend either of these? Is one "better" than the other? I usually stay at the "Kras" but won't have near as much cash next visit. I don't mind the downgrade as long as it's clean/safe. Anyother suggestions? Thanks a lot !!!
Re: Hotel De Koopermoolen and Hotel De Mallemoolen
Posted: 2005-04-22, 7:24 am

nuggy
I have never stayed anywhere else in Amsterdam so I have nothing to compare it to, but overall I found Der Koopermoolen acceptable. i stayed there in January and it was clean and safe. Good location , right down the street from the "Kras".

I should mention that when I arrived they did not have my reservation. initially this kind of pissed me off especially since I had previously tried to call and confirm the reservation but was unable to get through due to the telephone always being busy. but they did upgrade me to a double at the price of a single, so that was cool.

The people running the place were nice and there was always someone stationed at the front desk. Access to the rooms was with a security card, which i guess is fairly standard these days(?)

The rooms are not brand new and show some wear but they are very clean
they also have a decent breakfast buffet if you get up early enough.

I dont know anything about Mallenmoolen but i think its right next door and owend by the same people.
Posted: 2005-04-22, 5:30 pm

bobvanz
I stayed at the Koopermoolen in mid-March. It was acceptable, no complaints. I was price conscious so I stayed there for four days. A good location.
Posted: 2005-04-22, 8:50 pm

MikeDeHavillandSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hi,

Right opposite is the Old Quarter. If you get an on-suite bathroom its better, because the Kopermeulen is getting a bit run down. The lights not working, that sort of thing.

Forget the Mallorian, its much more basic.

The rooms vary tremndously in both so always ask for the more expensive en-suite double room. 50 Euros, less for single rooms

Mandy in the Old Quarter is a total Fox

Mike
 [ 4 posts ] 

Jump to: