Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 8 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
getting tattooed in amsterdam
Posted: 2005-09-23, 10:13 pm

madvillian
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
hey everyone

im planning a trip to amsterdam in a few months, and i would very much like to get tattooed there. so i was wondering if anyone has some information on tattoo studios in amsterdam. ive been searching the web but im finding it more then difficult to dig up info on studios there. i know of a few like tattoo peter and house of tattoos. from what i understand and can see from their website house of tattoos has a very talented artist named claudia. i am heavily tattooed and have very good work on my body so im not interested in some side alley prison ink joint, looking for quality. any information that can help me make a choice would be extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. thanks a lot, MADVILLIAN
Re: getting tattooed in amsterdam
Posted: 2005-09-23, 11:19 pm

sunmanmax
Hi I am not sure if this is of help but their used to be a nice place that did tattoos and piercingit was a shop which was well lit and very modern. I don't have any tattoos but I could not help but notice it, as it was done in a sort of modern and brightly lit place looking sort of clinically clean.
it was about two years back but if it is of help it is near warmoesstraat if my memory serves me right if you walk up warmoesstraat from the kolk area towards dam square end the tattoo place is on one of the streets on the left as you turn left the place is on your left. sorry I can't be of more help. it is just something I recalled

Max
Posted: 2005-09-24, 12:42 am

iloveamsterdam
i get all my ink done in amsterdam..
for traditional work/old school THE BEST place is tattoo peter..very high quality and an excellent reputation..for japanese style rob admiral tattoo or raw at sakura tattoo on zeedijk are very good...house of tattoos is great for custom work and claudia sjap and monica are all excellent artists..for horror/death skulls etc check out ferrys work at tattoo palace off rembrandtplein..and there is also tattoo hanky panky in the rld..henk doesn't work their now(he's the guy who did tats for van halen,chilli peppers etc)..they're more of a touristy place..great work but expensive..avoid bodycult ..they are shit...hope this helps.
Posted: 2005-09-24, 1:48 am

MikeDeHavillandSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Ah.. now I know what to ask Agnieshka! Whats the English guy like who always visits with all the tatoos LOL
Posted: 2005-09-24, 3:20 am

StarrDluX
this is so ironic as i was totally going to pose this question...

i've wanted to get a tattoo to add to the collection whilst in A'dam but haven't had a clue as to where to go.

and now i know.. ^-^

tx
I would have to agree with.......
Posted: 2005-09-24, 6:55 pm

Roland Power Kat
all of the comments made by Iloveamsterdam. If you are in fact a collector yourself go to Tattoo Peter and ask for Molly. He has work by all the most famous folk in the world (you'd be surprised) as he has worked with many of them and/or is friends with the rest. Molly himself is probably the best known amongst the Dutch tattooists though Henk from Hanky Panky is probably the most famous (internationally) though he is an arrogant jerk in my opinion (fame will do that) but he doesn't do tats any more anyways. Tattoo Peter is the oldest shop in Holland and his son Eddie now runs it. Howver Molly works there. If you want something by someone else there is Ronald Bonkerk in Zaandam (excellent color) or Leslie at Mad Science in Den Haag who does great black-line work. Hope this helps. Regards. Roland
Posted: 2005-09-25, 5:14 pm

madvillian
hey guys thats for replying to my post, especially iloveamsterdam thanks for the info. and ROLAND if you see this can you tell me the name of one of the women that work at mad science tattoos, if you know, when i saw her about 6 months ago she had blue dred locks and was thin and cute, met her at a convention here in america. thanks MADVILLIAN
Posted: 2005-09-25, 11:20 pm

Roland Power Kat
Don't know since I didn't see her but could have been Leslie's wife. Regards. Roland
 [ 8 posts ] 

Jump to: