Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 9 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Boat for hire
Posted: 2005-10-14, 7:17 pm

axxxtw Founder
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
The proprietors kindly advised us of the following, and it sounds great to us. Pub/Coffeeshop crawling by boat, anyone? A new link was added in "Amsterdam Home/Boats".

Scheepsrecht
tel: 06-24673172
The Scheepsrecht is a rough, half-open army boat without any comfort and a engine with an ugly sound. You'll travel in real native Amsterdam style.

You are allowed to drink alcohol and smoke on board. Pick up and drop off ? No problem for them---it's anywhere you like. Once you are on board they will guide you through the canals or some beautiful spots around Amsterdam. Every now and then a visit to a local bar for a sanitary stop and a refreshment. Beer and soft drinks are available on board, or bring your own.

Last edited by axxxtw on 2005-10-16, 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Boat for hire
Posted: 2005-10-16, 2:38 am

luther vandross
This begs the question: when will folks from this message board pool their cash and have a cruise? It would be some trip!

Posted: 2005-10-16, 2:40 pm

MikeDeHavillandSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Will they do "15 min" stops on OZA? LOL
Re: Boat for hire- Anniv Party and Beyond
Posted: 2005-10-16, 3:49 pm

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
It begs the question- with the 10th anniv of AXXXTW having come and gone with rumors of a party which did not materialize, should we get our panties in a twist re future dates ?
Whatever happens let me state, if it were not for this board I would probably not play in the Ams arena.

I understand that these milestrones might be only ego based in nature. However, I think an ignatz 10 year plus celebration should be worth celebrating.

Anyway, 10 yeras gone and hopefully ten more to go. Without this resource, I will no longer monger in Ams. AXXXTW if you decide not to pursue Ams- NL news please let me know what you are up to- I cant monger in this region without a weekly report .

Happy 10 th Anniv- AXXXTW . It has been a great ride. Roll On. Cheers!!

Trip

Last edited by Trip on 2005-10-17, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2005-10-16, 7:49 pm

axxxtw Founder
Trip...

We changed our mind about hosting a party. Instead we flippantly set off on a train journey across Germany, into Berlin, and then into Poland, visiting Poznan and Krakow, and then made our way down to CZ for a revisit of Prague. We had a grand time, and had intended to post a trip report. Instead we updated a few items in our Prague page, and left it at that. :-)

We have two choices remaining for hosting a 10 yr anniversary party. Next year will be the 10 yr anniversary of the MB, and the following year will be the 10 year anniversary of the registration of our domain, Ignatzmice.com. All of these dates occur about the same time in April---we are peculiar and do these sorts of things in April. The original date, last April was merely the anniversary of the actual site, which predates both of the above.

We can't keep doing this forever, so we don't imagine there'll be a 20 yr anniverary.

In either case, we'll probably just take another trip somewhere :-)

Posted: 2005-10-17, 12:57 am

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Sorry AXXXTW my keyboard was a bit drunk last night it will not happen again.

If this site were no longer around at some future date I would have to set sail for a different port of call to hobby because I can't afford to monger blind in the RLD's of Ams. When I seek out new girls in the RLD they have to be board approved thats all there is to it. I will not gamble in Ams with unknown girls it is just too risky. This site is the definitive english based resource, there are no viable alternatives pure and simple.

When it comes to mongering there are plenty of options but there is just something which makes window shopping and window hopping unique. Add the gezellig elements of the city of Ams and you can't find a place and experience like the wallen anywhere. Even though many of the working girls offer dreadful service if any at all there are still plenty who will give you old fashion value for money. The only resource that puts me in contact with these dames is this message board and the kind gentlemen who share the valuable intel here.

As much as I would love to learn to speak Dutch so I could read the NL board I am quite lazy so I do not see that happening. One thing I am very proud of re this board is how the members here conduct themselves. Almost every message board on the web has more than of its share of trolls and negative remarks. We don't have that here and it is such a blessing. That being said this MB is a blessing to us. Thank You for all you have done for us and for your contuning efforts, I know it is an immense amount of work, it is greatly appreciated. I hope 10 years from now I can still come to this board for help otherwise I will be rolling the dice is Den Haag, Alkmaar, Utrecht and Brussels but I will pass on punting in Ams because I do not like the odds when shopping blind.

Sorry to ramble on, I am done now. I did not mean to hijack this thread. The boat tour sounds like a blast. I now return this thread to its intended purpose.

Kind Regards,

Trip
Posted: 2005-10-17, 7:23 pm

axxxtw Founder
Personally we have never ever done anything but window shop blind. We never pay any attention to what is written here. Our "negotiation" : Lady: Would you like to come in?
Us: Yes. That's it. We're rarely disappointed, so little in fact that it barely registers on our perception. And this after over 20 yrs. We're not easy to please, either. If others believe in the need to negotiate, we won't argue with them, as we recognize that all this sex stuff can be very intimidating, and people have their need to establish a comfort level in dealing with it---if establishing that comfort level consists of negotiating, so be it. But ask us personally, and we'll tell you otherwise. A sense of adventure comes in handy, too. Many people seem to lack that and need everything all laid out for them. Our own sense of adventure, curiosity, call it what you will, is what caused us to acquire all of the experiences that eventually became this web site, and most of it became the basis for many other websites that present similar information about this city.

We do get occasional troublemakers and trolls, we can't help that, and although we do not act with haste when dealing with it---we do give people a fair chance---we do deal with it.

doei.

Posted: 2005-10-18, 8:14 am

TripSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for the insight AXXXTW. Reminds me that sometimes I take this hobby a bit too serious. Heaven forbid that I turn these missions into a job.

In fact, on every outing I have made to Ams. I always make it a point to try out at least one unknown entity. Sometimes it turns out graet sometimes it turns out awful- that's life. When things do go in your favor it is wonderful because you have no preconceived expectations.

In fact on my last visit to Ams by meeting a new Dutch friend in one of the windows on OZA I had one of my best window girl sessions ever. It was so lovely that after I paid Nikola a visit for what looks to be possibly my last time ever I danced back up OZA for another session with my new friend. Who am I kidding, I will always be rolling the dice in the wallen as long as I am able. I will always be twisting Wim's arm to take a tour with me as well but that doesn't take much effort.

Reminds me of that album by Roger Waters- The Pros and Cons of Window Shopping.

I still need to do a proper canal tour and the operators of this vessle you mention sound like a splendid good opportunity in comparison to the tourist boats in front of CS.

I miss Amsterdam
Posted: 2005-10-20, 3:10 pm

axxxtw Founder
Heh. We don't even think of what we do here as a doing "job".
Sometimes it shows too, eh? ;-)

(Okay...occasionally it does feel like it, but like indigestion, we know that it will quickly pass)

<!---begin final free plug for Scheepsrecht--->

Incidentally as the Cannabis cup is coming up shortly (Nov 21-26), wouldn't be a hoot, to tour by smokers friendly boat?

<!---end final free plug for Scheepsrecht--->

[ 9 posts ] 

Jump to: