Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 7 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Hotel Royal Taste
Posted: 2005-11-01, 7:34 pm

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Last year, I got to know the bar at this hotel very well. A nice little place, with lovely Michelle keeping the glasses full. For 50 euros a night and a great location, I'm thinking of staying here for a couple nights on my pilgrimage to Mokum in Feb.. Has anyone ever stayed here and your thoughts about it?..Thanks.....Cooter

Posted: 2005-11-01, 9:54 pm

charlie
Cooter

Stayed at the Royal Taste on numerous occasions. Fairly basic but all rooms have bathrooms (some are just outside the rooms but lockable with the room key). I always try and get a room at the front just for the view and the atmosphere (read noise). Never had a problem there security wise and staff are cool. Couldn't get a room in April so stayed at the Green House Effect but will probably be back at the Royal Taste end of this month. If you have any questions or need info just ask.

rgds

Charlie.
Re: Hotel Royal Taste
Posted: 2005-11-06, 11:19 pm

Gato De PadreSupporting Member
Supporting Member
I've stayed there twice (2000 and 2004) and it's a pretty good place. Love the bar downstairs and the beautiul Michelle (she's dam good for business).

The rooms are clean and reasonably priced but be advised if you plan on staying there in the off-season you might have to be in by 3:00 AM on Weeknights because the owner doesn't have an overnight attendant. (Can you imagine my surprise in 2004 as 34-year old man with a Weeknight curfew in Amsterdam)..lol

I'd probably stay there again but never in the off-season.

PS..Go to the bar for a drink and see Michelle and you'll see why She's good for business.

Gato De Padre

www.myspace.com/damercurial1ofthevs
Posted: 2005-11-07, 1:38 am

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for the info, Gato .....Last year I rented an apartment and just hung out and drank there. First night there was a Sunday night and they close early. So Michelle took a buddy and myself partying , To "The Casablaca" . Many , many drinks were had by all. I got to meet her " roommate " and some friends of hers. A great welcome to Mokum. A night I won't forget. I'll be there late Feb. and can't wait...........Cooter

Posted: 2005-11-07, 5:47 am

Gato De PadreSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Cooter that's good shit...

You're one lucky man my friend.

Gato De Padre

www.myspace.com/damercurial1ofthevs
Posted: 2006-01-01, 3:30 am

MikeDeHavillandSupporting Member
Supporting Member
COOTER, just to prove that I am aware there are still intelligent posts on the board I will post one about Michelle in the Royal bar.

I was there with Babyguy only two weeks ago. I also remember It was great fun when she told Withnail he couldn't smoke his pot in there.

She visits my nearest city on a Beatles pilgramage every year. Thats actually why she is called Michelle. she probably has no idea this board exists. Ask her to pur "Radar Love" on for you. Then ask why Cindy got sacked. Then ask her about what she thinks about Germans LOL/

Cindy was a real cool looking Girl. Absolutely stunning. They hated each other.

This bar never gets the recognition it deserves. There have been many great bar staff there over the years always willing to chat and talk. I wonder if the Indonesian guy Denny is still there.

Happy New Year again.
Posted: 2006-01-02, 4:28 am

COOTERSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Good to here, Mike. Your right, it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. But that means more room at the bar for us, with such a nice view. With the local police coming in for coffee, I think it would be uncomfortable for me to be toking there. Woman, ya just have to love them.Theres nothing more fun to watch than two woman who hate each other, is there? It will remain one of my favorite watering holes, but I decided not to stay here. After making reservations, they tend not to return email or phone calls. You would think that spending 500 euros there, would rate you a email back. The other hotel I found, likes my money just fine....Cooter

[ 7 posts ] 

Jump to: