Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 17 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Mushrooms
Posted: 2005-11-19, 8:43 pm

Dam_04
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Evening,

Interested in trying some Shrooms in Dam. This will be my 7th trip and i've never tried any, always more interested in drinking/smoking (and ladies of course). I have been shroom picking here before with groups of mates but i'm always wary of what i'm picking as i know if you get the wrong sort they can be quite lethal. Can anyone shed any light on any of their experiences with Mushrooms in Dam? And what sort to look out for? And i take it it's not advisable to go out on the lash having eaten them before as i understand it's not a party drug!

Cheers,
Dam_04

Posted: 2005-11-19, 10:23 pm

Boaby
There are, I think, some quite detailed posts on here about mushrooms so try the search function. Also watch out because from experience, there can be quite a difference between our magic mushies and the things you can buy over there. On one of the stag outings I’ve been on one of our stoners decided to take a trip down mushie memory lane and nearly ended in thorazine city. Major religious fit talking to god, delusions of flight ability, the lot. Only funny if you didn't have to share a room with the bastard.
Re: Mushrooms
Posted: 2005-11-20, 1:27 am

StarrDluX
i am always too lazy to post in detail but i will say that mushrooms are a very big part of our Amsterdam expierience.

we usually end up with very strong, Hawaiian Coplandia mushrooms ***taken in the hotel room***.... that usually ends up in hours of babbling at each other, tons of sex, and great fun. It usually is a very visual and physical trip and a very clean one once they wear off.

we tried philosopher's stones right before meeting BigBen the last time we were there... omg. that was fucking unreal. i remember it being quite novel at first but i swear to god had BigBen not been a standup, sweetie we would have been SOL. i met some of the "famous" ladies of the RLD that night trippin my arse off... the construction covered canal roads were covered in pretzels and marshmellows... peoples faces were dripping off of them. the punters about were totally freaking me out but we hung in there... i swear to god had Ben not been there we would never have made it back to the freaking Kras.

these were supposed to be light, public mushrooms.... holy shit were they not!! i wouldn't trip again in public.

if you decide to do it i fell in love with this lovely, knowledgeable lady at the Innerspace Smart Shop on the Spuistraat (i think)... we went back several times... and they take credit cards! lol... i felt like a moron ripping out my Amex to pay for our shrooms...

have fun!

Posted: 2005-11-20, 2:18 am

dolfino
I always stay within a short walk from my hotel when I shroom, that way I can always lock myself in my room if I start seeing freaky shit or become paranoid. I always take the hawaiian. The best I've found are from the smart shop next to the Wok To Walk take out place just down the alley from De Kuill.
Posted: 2005-11-20, 6:09 am

electrolyte
Wow, I've never had experiences like these. I've had a lot of fun with shrooms. I usually take multiple doses, too ... 2 or even 3 doses if I'm doing Mexican. I've had some nice visual experiences, Amsterdam is a great place to do them, but no faces dripping off of people. I've tried philosophers stones, the strong ones at Conscious Dreams (Hawaiian, I think) and my favorites, the less strong Mexican ones (I just take more of them). The philosopher's stones taste like puke, I'm afraid, so bad it ruins the experience a little for me.

Shrooms seem to interfere with my sexual performance a bit, but I do them anyway because the hightened experience is worth it. Sometimes my stomach hurts a little. The one time I bought shrooms from a place other than Conscious Dreams or Sirius (a good place outside of Amsterdam) I puked them up. I thought about returning them, but the place was closed.

Anyone know what happens if you take shrooms to Germany and get caught? Is it a serious matter? Do they just get confiscated and maybe you pay a fine, or do you go to jail? If you took several doses to last your whole holiday could you get labelled as a dealer?
Posted: 2005-11-20, 8:19 am

freakpa
I have never tried them but bought some from the smartshop on leidsestraat at herengracht. The guy said that I should hit this whole box (35g) of columbians. I don't know much about this but the printed instructions said hit the whole box. I talked to two friends and they said I'd be out of my skull to take the whole box (and I would be out of my skull if I did take the whole box). Any ideas?
Posted: 2005-11-20, 3:41 pm

StarrDluX
we always take the whole box.

i hate mushroom taste. they all taste like arse and make me want to hurl. our trick is this...

1. do NOT eat more than 1-2 at a time. they are woody, stringy, and taste like shit. eating more than that at a time will most certainly make you hurl
2. have a drink near by. we find that orange fanta (in small doses) works wonderfully. sweets bring your high down BUT i find it to be neccessary to keep from hurling.
3. i repeat - stuffing several in your mouth to get it over with just does-not-work. period. hurl city.

have fun :)

Posted: 2005-11-20, 4:34 pm

Luther Head
About 20 minutes ago, I ate an omelette with cheese and philosopher stones. I too do no not like the taste of shrooms, so I'm trying something different. I'll report back after I peak and let you know how it works. I know it will diminish the high, but in my experience that's not necessarily a bad thing.
One other thing for first timers: the shrooms will really hit you about 45 minutes after eating. There is (at least in my experience) an uncomfortable prelude as they take affect. I feel tense and I tend to lie down if I can, just to ride out the big waves. Once you get through this , after another 30-45 minutes, it's all down hill and you'll be sitting chilly. Stay calm, don't fear that something bad is going to happen, and if necessary eat something sweet, or in a real emergency, make yourself sick so you expel it from your body ( that would be an extreme case!).
Posted: 2005-11-20, 6:47 pm

Dam_04
Interesting replies! I know what you mean about the taste, don't know what it reminded me of but definatley wasn't nice. Put them in some tea so it wasn't as bad but when i munched a few there was a real nasty after taste. Now i always have a bag of Haribo's handy ready to get rid of it.

Never had a trip from these over here, just hours of laughter to the point where we're in tears! So better be careful what i'm choosing in Dam.

Cheers

Posted: 2005-11-20, 9:49 pm

electrolyte
Be careful about what you eat to diminish the taste since having food in your stomach reduces the effect. At CD they told me if you are having a bad time and want to come down you should drink something sugary.

Anyone know about taking them to Germany? I'd like to do it, but not until I know it's ok.
Posted: 2005-11-20, 11:28 pm

axxxtw Founder
I have started to make a broth with them. The first time, I used an entire pack and laid on the couch moaning for about four or five hours, tripping pretty wildly. The next time, I tried a quarter of a pack and it was okay. So the next time, a half a pack worked to perfection. If you add some chicken broth and cook them for about three minutes, the broth is good and the mushrooms go done well (are even tasty). If you so this on an empty stomach, perfecto! Not too much water, I guess about a deciliter, enough to cover them and fill a mug.

fiets

(hmm, axxxtw will start to think I fed him mushrooms tonight when he sees he posted this...)

Posted: 2005-11-21, 1:02 am

BoneJockeyPower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
I once bought some shrooms in the herb store on Warmoestraat across the street from the Greenhouse Effect. I don't remember the weight or the price (It was still the guilder days). The young man in the shop told me to start with half the package, see what happened, then take more accordingly. He was right on. Got a great buzz from half a package. Took the rest with me to the Van Gogh Museum (My first time there), and munched on them as I walked through the exhibit. As Van Gogh became madder, so did I.
Posted: 2005-11-21, 6:10 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
>1. do NOT eat more than 1-2 at a time. they are woody, stringy, and taste like shit. eating more than that at a time will most certainly make you hurl

The dried ones are certainly like that, but I find the fresh ones much more palatable.

>2. have a drink near by.

Good advice. Also, cut the shrooms into small pieces to make them easier to swallow.

>3. i repeat - stuffing several in your mouth to get it over with just does-not-work. period. hurl city.

Stuffing is definitely not a good idea. If you don't like the taste, cut 'em up and wash 'em down.

Regarding the dose: A 35 gram (fresh mushrooms) dose of mexican shrooms will do you well. Unless you are comfortable with tripping, you might even cut that back by a third, just to get your feet wet.

And Starr... Marry me!
A woman who like to trip and have sex? OMG! Heaven!

the dogs
Posted: 2005-11-21, 8:51 pm

StarrDluX
dogs - lol... thanks for the offer but somehow i don't think my husband would be happy. i know the idea of mistresses is very european but somehow i don't think misters (is that correct) work out so well.. ;)

ps. i've always eaten the fresh and don't find them more palatable. i was hoping to tried dried next time for the opposite reason but from what dogs just said i wonder if it is worth the bother. dang it!

Posted: 2005-11-22, 6:45 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
>Took the rest with me to the Van Gogh Museum

If you're OK with being out in public, going to the museums while tripping can give you a whole new perspective on art. The Pointillists, for example, painted as if they were tripping - a neutral gray produced by brilliant orange next to bright blue, for example.

I was in one of the Kras apartments and they had a painting by Rembrandt above the bed - mostly blacks, browns, creams, that sort of thing. But the mushrooms turned the flat painting into a multi-layered, three dimensional object (different bits of the painting were on each plane, kind of pixellated) and the colors were bright greens, yellows, etc.

Gotta love 'em.

the dogs
Posted: 2005-11-22, 6:53 pm

DogsAfirePower Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
>i don't think my husband would be happy.

Oh, well, a guy can try, can't he? From what I've seen you write here, I suspect that you have a very happy husband. Lucky man.

>i've always eaten the fresh and don't find them more palatable.
>i was hoping to tried dried next time for the opposite reason...

If you don't like the fresh, you are definitely not going to like the dried. They taste like dirt or some other funky thing and they can get stuck in your teeth and your throat. Stick with the fresh and swill 'em down like you have been doing. Smaller pieces makes them easier to swallow.

the dogs
Posted: 2005-11-22, 6:57 pm

StarrDluX
werd.. thanks for the advice.

i am really glad we didn't try it. i wish i had facilities to cook because i am sure i could make the consumption process more enjoyable. starting a trip by nearly hurling is never good... :)

[ 17 posts ] 

Jump to: