Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 12 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Amsterdam in Febuary
Posted: 2005-11-21, 9:34 pm

Kraut
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Hello there. I have been to Amsterdam three times. The last time was in 2001. I've always gone for Queens Day and have never been disapointted with the selection of women in the RLD. I've decided to visit in Febuary. Just like to know how the talent is during that time of should I reconsider another time? Thanks
Re: Amsterdam in Febuary
Posted: 2005-11-21, 10:06 pm

StarrDluX
there were plenty of women around this february... i didn't full on monger but walked around w/ some guys who did..

Posted: 2005-11-22, 1:23 am

Gilby
I too will be in Amsterdam in February, The most important thing being that I will be there and not here (Indy), and that is good enough for me. The way I see it, February not being the ideal climate to vacation in northern Europe that time of year, the pickings should be just fine. I want to invite all those who surf this forum to send me a "shout out" and share a brew-n- buzz if you are going to be in Adam between Feb 2nd to Feb 8th. That being said, if you cannot find a good time in Amsterdam anytime of the year, there is no place left for you to go.

Posted: 2005-11-22, 2:11 am

dambuster2
Was gonna ask this question about the pickings in the dead of winter myself. I suppose there will be less tourists around so in theory you should get less rip offs. Maybe a bargain or two ? Like other shops and services, the girls should have a New Year sale. Hope to be in the Dam in late Jan/early Feb myself. Alas I should be leaving back for home on Feb 1st at the latest, so I can't share a jar or two with Gilby.
Posted: 2005-11-22, 2:38 am

newyork
my opinion is that the time of year affects only the weather... it is always cold, but if it is sunny, amsterdam is always enjoyable, and if it is rainy.... it is still pretty damn enjoyable. ny
Posted: 2005-11-22, 3:03 am

dambuster2
newyork - I went to Amsterdam in Feb '96 and many canals were frozen over. People were ice skating on the frozen canals and it was a pretty magical scene. Shame my skating is crap because I didn't give it a go ! Didn't partake in the RLD at that time. This was partly due to the fact that I only walked a few unimpressive streets of the RLD as I wasn't aware of the better streets for girls like Tromp and Dolleb.
Posted: 2005-11-22, 3:39 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I have been to de Dam every February for years. I really enjoy that time of year. Not too cold (except for that damn snowstorm last year), and sometimes sunny. No discounts as far as I know, but with fewer punters, the girls seem more relaxed and friendly. No problem getting a table anywhere, including Grey Area. Biking is a little more of a challenge--I honestly don't know how the locals do it.

The Weasel returns 16 Feb

Posted: 2005-11-24, 5:58 pm

germanicus
I've been going to AMS every year for the past 5 years in February (presidents weekend here in the USA). Normally it's a bit cold, a bit rainy, the usual. One thing you might wan't to try is a trip to the Brussels RLD. It's a bit cheaper than Amsterdam and a pretty wild experience. Neighborhood can be a tad shady but well worth the visit.
Posted: 2005-11-24, 11:54 pm

SunLover
I have visited in February several times. Thing that strikes me is
that it gets dark much earlier, not like 9-10pm during summer time.
Therefore, prime time (night time) partying and mongering has the
elusion of being extended.

Many less people than high season but still active. Off-season pricing
for airfare and hotels. As a general rule, no off-season pricing for the
ladies. I did have some 3 finger and 4 finger signals last Feb but did
not stop to ask what services were being offered.

SunLover
Posted: 2005-12-16, 3:39 pm

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Hallo Weasel and Others.
Shall we set up a drink and smoke meeting for the 16th or 17th of Febuary?
Just pick a coffeeshop and a time.

p.s. Although I did walk around a bit with Starr and Sam I did not consider myself full on.
Later maybe but it should not have been showing that early in the evening.

Last edited by Grijpstra on 2005-12-18, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posted: 2005-12-18, 1:48 am

weasel9x9Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I would love to meet up for a chat, a smoke, and a stroll! Any suggestions? De Kuil is a nice spot, half way between the Wallen and the Singel, but I am always interested something new. I have Katsu and Kashmir Lounge "high" on my list for this trip, too, but they are a long walk. Any suggestions?

Weasel

Posted: 2005-12-18, 4:24 am

GrijpstraSupporting Member
Supporting Member
De Kuil would be ideal, I have forgotten to try a balloon on the last few trips.
Can a vaporizer balloon be taken on a kamer tour?
Around 8pm on the 16th?
I plan on shopping the Willie Wortels in Harleem that afternoon and 8 should provide time.

Oh, and I can definitively say that Katsu's Waterhash stays fresh for at least 10 months and 12 days.
 [ 12 posts ] 

Jump to: