Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 1 post ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
Official Netherlands Drugs Policy
Posted: 2005-11-24, 6:02 am

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
Some time ago I was able to locate the official Netherlands Drugs Policy. I lost the url and was unable to find my old post via the search function (I think it was on the old board). In any event I just located the thing again and it's really interesting reading. There is a 24 page PDF document at http://tinyurl.com/6svgl . Of particular interest are Section B Enforcement and Section C Coffee Shops. This is the definitive answer to the oft asked question, "Yeah, but is it legal?". The answer--no, but possession of less than 30 grams is a minor offense and given "low [prosecutorial] priority. " Sale of cannibis? Also illegal, but "coffee shops are not prosecuted provided that they sell small quantities only" and abide by the rules. The rules being: don't sell more than 5 grams per person, per day, don't sell ecstasy or hard drugs, no advertising, ensure that there is no nuisance in the vicinity of the shop, and don't sell to people under 18 or allow them in the shop. Action can be taken against coffee shops if they have more than 500 gm. in their inventory.

This document makes fascinating reading and goes into the rationale behind the policies.
 [ 1 post ] 

Jump to: