Ignatzmice Forums

Login  |  Register  |  Advanced Search  |  Help  |  RLD FAQ  |  Archives 1999-2004
 [ 6 posts ] 
  Previous topic :: Next topic
hotel
Posted: 2005-12-16, 5:35 am

joseph215
Reply to topic  Reply with quote 
i have been to amsterdam 7 times and i was think ing at staying someplace different.i have stayed at the barbizon at cs the radasson sas on rusland and the kras.i was thinking this trip at staying either the crowne plaza or the SOFITEL AMSTERDAM Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 67 which one do you think would be better the crown or the sofitel and please tell me why

thanks
lew
Re: hotel
Posted: 2005-12-16, 8:32 pm

joseph215
38 views and no help come please help

thx
Posted: 2005-12-16, 8:56 pm

abc123Power Kat XXX
Power Kat XXX
Go to www.tripadvisor.com and look up the two hotels you'll most likely find plenty of reviews by people who have stayed there. Also if you use the search function on this site you'll find comments about both hotels and the identity of people who have stayed there. You could then pm those folks and ask for their opininions.
Posted: 2005-12-16, 9:02 pm

AustonSupporting Member
Supporting Member
Can't speak to the Sofitel, but I just was at the Crowne Plaza last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Pros: location, large rooms (by European standards), very comfortable double beds, pool/sauna (awesome way to recharge and it was always vacant), friendly staff, clean, great water pressure, wireless internet, quiet, safe and secure (key required for elevator access)

Cons: windows in rooms don't open and didn't have any view, lacking the "European charm" the smaller boutique places have

Overall, it was a great stay and I'll certainly stay there again next time.

Hope this helps.

P.S. In reference to the above post, you'll see my review of the place in trip advisor (Dec-13).
Posted: 2005-12-19, 9:39 am

joseph215
thanks for your help trip adviser was great staying at the kras a old friend i was just thinking of something different but nothing beats the kras unless someone had good tv
Posted: 2005-12-19, 9:54 am

a9g7dom
Don't know about the Sofitel (but I suspect it is quite good and expensive). I stayed at the Crowne once and found it too expensive for what it offered. The room was small and the bed was not exceptional. Overpriced.
 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: